KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect Scorpion

Respect Scorpion
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

By far my favourite MK character tied with Raiden & Kung Lao

And what would MK be without Scorpian?
MK 3! lol

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2010 01:13 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

lol

Old Post Oct 12th, 2010 05:00 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Just a video giving a quick history about Scorpion.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 06:57 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Already posted that in the MK9 thread. smile

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 09:02 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

God, I hope they don't retcon Scorpion killing off Elder Sub-Zero...though it would be nice to have Elder Sub-Zero alive.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 09:10 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Looks very interesting. I hope Scorps Ghost Rider-esq costume returns.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 09:44 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Don't know how the elder Subzero's fate will turn out this time, but I still predict the younger Sub will become a cyborg like Smoke, Sector, and Cyrax.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 10:52 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I need to get me one of these someday.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 04:48 AM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

DATZ HOT! My brother has a Sub Zero one. Wanna steal it so bad.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 06:03 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dynamic Entry
Restricted

Account Restricted

Scorpion is a stupid newb. (please log in to view the image)

Sorry had an urge to say that. stick out tongue He's cool and has my respect.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 09:11 AM
Dynamic Entry is currently offline Click here to Send Dynamic Entry a Private Message Find more posts by Dynamic Entry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ringtones
Restricted

Account Restricted

scorpion is cool but he always gets his ass kicked, killed by elder sub zero, defeated by elder sub zero even when he became spector, defeated by moloch and drahmin in deadly alliance, defeated by quan chi once they were in the outworld and quan chi got his powers back, defeated by sub zero in armageddon intro, defeated by batman, liu kang, sub zero,lex luthor.... and the only time he beat someone is younger sub zero in mortal kombat 4 thats sad

Old Post Mar 4th, 2011 11:06 PM
ringtones is currently offline Click here to Send ringtones a Private Message Find more posts by ringtones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ringtones
defeated by sub zero in armageddon intro

When in the intro was this? All they did was stalemate in a brief sword battle before they went onto showing others fight.

defeated by batman, liu kang, sub zero,lex luthor....

Non-canon, though if we were to include MKvsDC, Scorpion beat the Joker, Kitana, Wonder Woman, Superman, and managed to defeat the Flash before he himself fell in the final battle.

and the only time he beat someone is younger sub zero in mortal kombat 4 thats sad

And got his revenge against elder Sub-zero in Mortal Kombat 1, defeated plenty of Onaga's Tarkattan hordes, etc., etc..

Old Post Mar 5th, 2011 12:50 AM
ringtones
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
When in the intro was this? All they did was stalemate in a brief sword battle before they went onto showing others fight.

Non-canon, though if we were to include MKvsDC, Scorpion beat the Joker, Kitana, Wonder Woman, Superman, and managed to defeat the Flash before he himself fell in the final battle.

And got his revenge against elder Sub-zero in Mortal Kombat 1, defeated plenty of Onaga's Tarkattan hordes, etc., etc..

sub zero overpowered him in that fight at the end

ok lets say marvel vs DC is non canon because of the power shifting BUT he was defeated by liu kang and sub zero before the power shifting began so techniquely the only thing that is canon is scorpion being defeated by sub zero and liu kang

he didnt defeat onagas trkans it was part of his ending where he also defeated onaga its just a what if ending and even if we include that what if ending he was impowered by the elder gods to defeat onaga so it wasnt oredenery scorpion

wow so he beat elder sub zero at the end and defeated younger sub zero in mortal kombat 4 thats it? he got his ass kicked o many times its not even funny

Old Post Mar 5th, 2011 11:46 PM
ringtones is currently offline Click here to Send ringtones a Private Message Find more posts by ringtones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

The power shifting started after Shao Kahn and Darkseid merged.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 01:34 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

sub zero overpowered him in that fight at the end

Show me.

ok lets say marvel vs DC is non canon because of the power shifting BUT he was defeated by liu kang and sub zero before the power shifting began so techniquely the only thing that is canon is scorpion being defeated by sub zero and liu kang

As someone pointed out, the power shifting started right when Dark Khan was born. Anything having to do with Mortal Kombat vs DC in general though is non-canon. Not that Scorpion needed a power shift to deal with Kitana and Joker anyway. Superman of course was weakened by the universes merging for most of the story and thus was more vulnerable to people's magic (Scorpion's nether power, Sub-zero's freezing, Shang Tsung's sorcery, etc). But again, non-canon crossover is non-canon.

he didnt defeat onagas trkans it was part of his ending where he also defeated onaga its just a what if ending

While the part with him defeating Onaga wasn't canon, the part with him doing away with the Tarkattan hordes was. Hence why Shujinko didn't have to deal with them and was able to go straight for Onaga.

and even if we include that what if ending he was impowered by the elder gods to defeat onaga so it wasnt oredenery scorpion

So? A lot of characters in the series receive power enhancements of some kind, whether it be Sub-zero's powers being amplified by the Liu-Kuei dragon medallion, the bad guys becoming immortal or near immortal when they have the sacred amulet, etc. And even after Scorpion was no longer supported by the Elder Gods, he still had other formidable never-been-seen powers when he first confronted Taven (summon giant flaming skulls, make big boulders fall from the sky, etc).

wow so he beat elder sub zero at the end and defeated younger sub zero in mortal kombat 4 thats it? he got his ass kicked o many times its not even funny

*shrug* The Moloch and Drahmin encounter wasn't a fair fight anyway since it was 2 on 1. But yeah, Scorpion does seem to often get the short end of the stick, despite being one of the most likable characters in the series, and Ed Boon's personal favorite.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Mar 6th, 2011 at 01:46 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 01:43 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Back to actually contributing to the respect thread.. I'm starting to like Scorpion's new design the more I see it. eek!

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 10:03 PM
Demonic Phoenix

I need to get me one of these someday.

F***in Awesome. Sorry I didn't reply to the pm about this btw. >__>
Srsly thought I already had.

Back to actually contributing to the respect thread.. I'm starting to like Scorpion's new design the more I see it. eek!

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Agreed. That first pic looks like a figurine. Looks awesome enough that I'd want to buy it.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 01:58 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
F***in Awesome. Sorry I didn't reply to the pm about this btw. >__>
Srsly thought I already had.

Oh.. S'okay then. Guess you should check your outbox a little more often though.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Agreed. That first pic looks like a figurine. Looks awesome enough that I'd want to buy it.

Haha, yeah. And I guess Scorpion will be able to dual-wield some in the game (akin to how Quan Chi does with the broadswords) based on that image. Awesome.

Also, pretty cool wallpapers of the new game's character designs found on the kamidogu site, with Scorpion's on the top right.

http://www.kamidogu.com/downloads/wallpaper/

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 09:56 PM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Gamestop commercial for MK9.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 03:06 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
optic_blast!!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Show me.

As someone pointed out, the power shifting started right when Dark Khan was born. Anything having to do with Mortal Kombat vs DC in general though is non-canon. Not that Scorpion needed a power shift to deal with Kitana and Joker anyway. Superman of course was weakened by the universes merging for most of the story and thus was more vulnerable to people's magic (Scorpion's nether power, Sub-zero's freezing, Shang Tsung's sorcery, etc). But again, non-canon crossover is non-canon.

While the part with him defeating Onaga wasn't canon, the part with him doing away with the Tarkattan hordes was. Hence why Shujinko didn't have to deal with them and was able to go straight for Onaga.

So? A lot of characters in the series receive power enhancements of some kind, whether it be Sub-zero's powers being amplified by the Liu-Kuei dragon medallion, the bad guys becoming immortal or near immortal when they have the sacred amulet, etc. And even after Scorpion was no longer supported by the Elder Gods, he still had other formidable never-been-seen powers when he first confronted Taven (summon giant flaming skulls, make big boulders fall from the sky, etc).

*shrug* The Moloch and Drahmin encounter wasn't a fair fight anyway since it was 2 on 1. But yeah, Scorpion does seem to often get the short end of the stick, despite being one of the most likable characters in the series, and Ed Boon's personal favorite.

watch the mortal kombat armageddon intro and see for yourself dont avoid the facts scorpion got owned by sub zero in that sword fight

when ever power shifting was involed it was impyed to us by showing there eyes glowing which told us they werent themselves, but before all that merging and shifting before all that happens scorpion was defeated by liu kang and sub zero unless you can prove to me that the power shifting began right after kahn and darkseid merged which is just your speculation since it never was implyed that way, it was implyed that all that power shifting began after they started to switch universes and glowing eyes which happened after scorpion got his ass kicked

what was told us is that the MKvsDC storyline isnt canon but not the fights because you see that storyline puts us in a what if situation but what it brings to the table is what would happen IF that particular story happened which means how those fighters WOULD fight if that particular situation occurred so while the storyline isnt canon the fights should be canon until the power shifting began

as i said again scorpion defeating tarkan troops is just part of his ending which is just a what if just like every other ending or would you like to believe that every single ending happened and more than 40 characters defeated onaga ?

you are just speculating and bring baseless things you make up just to suit your so called argument which is based on nothing, scorpions ending isnt canon you cant say that part of it canon because if you say him beating up tarkan hords is canon you also admit him destroying onaga is canon which is bullshit

scorpion got a real power boost from the gods thats not scorpion and he doesnt have that power anymore so thats like saying thanos with the heart of the universe and then pretend its the ordenery thanos which is bullshit

thaks for reminding me that scorpion also got his ass kicked by taven smile

the moloch and drahmin encouter just proves once again scorpion cant handle some nobodies and yet again shows us he gets his ass kicked but comes back

yep scorpion does get his ass kicked all the time so seriously him being the coolest character like most people think is unreal

Last edited by optic_blast!!! on Mar 30th, 2011 at 09:41 AM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 09:38 AM
optic_blast!!! is currently offline Click here to Send optic_blast!!! a Private Message Find more posts by optic_blast!!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote