KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect Scorpion

Respect Scorpion
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by optic_blast!!!
watch the mortal kombat armageddon intro and see for yourself dont avoid the facts scorpion got owned by sub zero in that sword fight

'k. At what part/minute/second of the video does it show Scorpion losing to Sub-zero in that fight?

when ever power shifting was involed it was impyed to us by showing there eyes glowing which told us they werent themselves, but before all that merging and shifting before all that happens scorpion was defeated by liu kang and sub zero unless you can prove to me that the power shifting began right after kahn and darkseid merged which is just your speculation since it never was implyed that way, it was implyed that all that power shifting began after they started to switch universes and glowing eyes which happened after scorpion got his ass kicked

what was told us is that the MKvsDC storyline isnt canon but not the fights because you see that storyline puts us in a what if situation but what it brings to the table is what would happen IF that particular story happened which means how those fighters WOULD fight if that particular situation occurred so while the storyline isnt canon the fights should be canon until the power shifting began

The power shifting beginning right after Darkseid and Kahn's merge isn't speculation, it's fact... How else does Superman become so much weaker when he returns to the fortress of solitude right after blasting Darkseid through that boom tube?

That makes no sense. MKvsDC's storyline is non-canon. The fights are part of the storyline. Thus, the fights should not be considered canon either. A "what if" situation is usually one of the first things that signifies that something's non-canon too, so yeah.

as i said again scorpion defeating tarkan troops is just part of his ending which is just a what if just like every other ending or would you like to believe that every single ending happened and more than 40 characters defeated onaga ?

you are just speculating and bring baseless things you make up just to suit your so called argument which is based on nothing, scorpions ending isnt canon you cant say that part of it canon because if you say him beating up tarkan hords is canon you also admit him destroying onaga is canon which is bullshit

It is possible for part of an ending to be canon and for another part of it to not be. In Quan Chi's MK4 ending for example, it's canon/true that he made an exact duplicate of the real amount, which he gave to Shinnok while keeping the real one for himself. But the part with Quan killing Shinnok with a blast from the amulet is not canon. If you still think I'm bullshitting when I speak for Scorpion defeating those Tarkattan hordes, then I'll gladly name other examples.

the moloch and drahmin encouter just proves once again scorpion cant handle some nobodies and yet again shows us he gets his ass kicked but comes back

yep scorpion does get his ass kicked all the time so seriously him being the coolest character like most people think is unreal

Good thing he's immune to death then. Find it funny though how you give excuses for Liu when he died in a 2 on 1 encounter, but when Raiden and Scorpion lost in a 2 on 1, you do the opposite, or completely bash them in their own respect threads, so to speak.

And I don't think most people find Scorpion to be cool or one of the coolest based on how much he wins or loses, but rather, based on how he's the title's foremost anti-hero; his demeanor, characteristics, persona, and self-reliance all contribute to his popularity, with Scorpion being the most human in nature and choice when compared to the typical good guys and bad guys of the series.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Mar 30th, 2011 at 05:47 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 05:45 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
optic_blast!!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
'k. At what part/minute/second of the video does it show Scorpion losing to Sub-zero in that fight?

The power shifting beginning right after Darkseid and Kahn's merge isn't speculation, it's fact... How else does Superman become so much weaker when he returns to the fortress of solitude right after blasting Darkseid through that boom tube?

That makes no sense. MKvsDC's storyline is non-canon. The fights are part of the storyline. Thus, the fights should not be considered canon either. A "what if" situation is usually one of the first things that signifies that something's non-canon too, so yeah.

It is possible for part of an ending to be canon and for another part of it to not be. In Quan Chi's MK4 ending for example, it's canon/true that he made an exact duplicate of the real amount, which he gave to Shinnok while keeping the real one for himself. But the part with Quan killing Shinnok with a blast from the amulet is not canon. If you still think I'm bullshitting when I speak for Scorpion defeating those Tarkattan hordes, then I'll gladly name other examples.

Good thing he's immune to death then. Find it funny though how you give excuses for Liu when he died in a 2 on 1 encounter, but when Raiden and Scorpion lost in a 2 on 1, you do the opposite, or completely bash them in their own respect threads, so to speak.

And I don't think most people find Scorpion to be cool or one of the coolest based on how much he wins or loses, but rather, based on how he's the title's foremost anti-hero; his demeanor, characteristics, persona, and self-reliance all contribute to his popularity, with Scorpion being the most human in nature and choice when compared to the typical good guys and bad guys of the series.

at 1:00 exactly you can see sub zero overpower scorpion and takes him down with that sword strike

again this is your speculation about the power shifting and nothing more because the merge of shao kahn and darkseid is the cause to all of this but it was never stated or implyed that right after there merge it happened so again you speculate some more bullshit , it was implyed that the power shifting began right after they started to switch words and when they started to have glowing eyes thats what was implyed because other than than we have nothing to go by so again you fail

the storyline of MKvsDC isnt canon how ever it shows us how the fighters would have fought in that particular situation if that did happen so i would say the fights are canon and i got logic behind me unlike you

again you are making things out of your ass, it was stated in the storyline itself that quan chi tricked shinnok therefor it is half canon BUT it was never stated or implyed that scorpion actually defeat those tarkans for all we know it was only stated in his ending which is again not canon and never happened so therefor its not canon and once again i got some base to back me up while all you got is nothing but strawman things you make up

liu kang beating the hell out of shang tsung and being secretly attacked from behind by quan chi is a good enough showing which shows us that even combined they were afraid to fight him 2 on 1 and losing to the deadly alliance isnt that bad however losing to some nobodies like drahmin and moloch thats sad indeed again you fail

Old Post Mar 31st, 2011 08:51 AM
optic_blast!!! is currently offline Click here to Send optic_blast!!! a Private Message Find more posts by optic_blast!!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

again this is your speculation about the power shifting and nothing more because the merge of shao kahn and darkseid is the cause to all of this but it was never stated or implyed that right after there merge it happened so again you speculate some more bullshit

It's not mere speculation if I'm using facts or things that happened to back myself up, which I did when I brought up that Superman example, so you sir are the one that fails.

and i got logic behind me unlike you

More like you twist logic... It really makes no sense to say that MKvsDC's story isn't canon, and then to say that the fights within it are.

again you are making things out of your ass, it was stated in the storyline itself that quan chi tricked shinnok therefor it is half canon BUT it was never stated or implyed that scorpion actually defeat those tarkans for all we know it was only stated in his ending which is again not canon and never happened so therefor its not canon and once again i got some base to back me up while all you got is nothing but strawman things you make up

lol It was stated that Elder God-empowered Scorpion defeated some of Baraka's Tarkattan hordes. Get your facts straight before you come at me with those silly claims of yours about me.

liu kang beating the hell out of shang tsung and being secretly attacked from behind by quan chi is a good enough showing which shows us that even combined they were afraid to fight him 2 on 1 and losing to the deadly alliance isnt that bad however losing to some nobodies like drahmin and moloch thats sad indeed again you fail

Drahmin and Moloch are a couple of the strongest Oni demons in the Netherrealm, the latter of whom has three moves that can heal himself. Why do you think Quan Chi used them as bodyguards against Scorpion? Even 'nobodies' can be overwhelming when they've got strength in numbers. It was said too that Scorpion fought well against the two Oni before being thrown into the soulnado by them, which leads me to believe that he could take either of them if it were 1 on 1, especially since Scorpion grows stronger just by simply being in the Netherrealm.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2011 10:18 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
optic_blast!!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not mere speculation if I'm using facts or things that happened to back myself up, which I did when I brought up that Superman example, so you sir are the one that fails.

More like you twist logic... It really makes no sense to say that MKvsDC's story isn't canon, and then to say that the fights within it are.

lol It was stated that Elder God-empowered Scorpion defeated some of Baraka's Tarkattan hordes. Get your facts straight before you come at me with those silly claims of yours about me.

Drahmin and Moloch are a couple of the strongest Oni demons in the Netherrealm, the latter of whom has three moves that can heal himself. Why do you think Quan Chi used them as bodyguards against Scorpion? Even 'nobodies' can be overwhelming when they've got strength in numbers. It was said too that Scorpion fought well against the two Oni before being thrown into the soulnado by them, which leads me to believe that he could take either of them if it were 1 on 1, especially since Scorpion grows stronger just by simply being in the Netherrealm.

you bring superman to prove what? the only thing it proves is that there was a power shifting which i never denyed however the question here is WHEN the power shifting started and as i said before you dont have any proof that it began right after the merge of shao kahn and darkseid so you fail big time

its because you clearly cant understand the context of my statement as i said already the storyline itself isnt canon BUT it portray us what would happen in that situation which is how would they fight genious

you fail again since it was stated that the elder gods empowered scorpion to defeat onaga it was never stated as a fact that he beat the tarkan warriors, just because they gave him powers to do something doesnt mean he actually did it so again you fail big time as always

again specilations and nothing more than speculations , taking away all the things you pull out of your ass the facts are scorpion got owned by 2 onis that never proved themselves and they both were defeated by cyrex i guess you didnt know that did you? cyrex encouter the 2 onis and defeats them both so that tells us that the onis are lame and scorpion is even lamer now get lost

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 10:34 AM
optic_blast!!! is currently offline Click here to Send optic_blast!!! a Private Message Find more posts by optic_blast!!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Great balls of fire, Scorpion showed Quan Chi the true meaning of pain:

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 16th, 2011 10:42 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

True meaning of pain? I can show you all that and more if you get that game and play against me.

Heh, just read the post above yours... Now I'm even more glad I stopped bothering with that guy here.

Old Post May 17th, 2011 12:27 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

True meaning of pain? I can show you all that and more if you get that game and play against me.

While it's true that you might kick my @$$ in MK9, is that really more painful than having your nuts burnt by hellfire?

Old Post May 17th, 2011 12:36 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Depends on one's meaning of painful. stick out tongue

Old Post May 17th, 2011 12:41 AM
CapPlanet
Restricted

Account Restricted

how is scorpion bad ass when he got defeated by 2 onis that got owned by cyrex? shows you just where scorpion stands as far as power

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 01:46 PM
CapPlanet is currently offline Click here to Send CapPlanet a Private Message Find more posts by CapPlanet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yet Scorpion beat both Cyrax and Sektor at the same time when he fought them in MK9, so your point is moot.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 11:06 PM
SasuOna

Originally posted by CapPlanet
how is scorpion bad ass when he got defeated by 2 onis that got owned by cyrex? shows you just where scorpion stands as far as power

Well this is right from a timeline perspective at least.
MK9 when he fought cyrax and sektor is around MK1 but when he loses to the two onis that was Deadly alliance.
I guess Cyrax got stronger or Scorpion got weaker.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 10:28 PM
SasuOna is currently offline Click here to Send SasuOna a Private Message Find more posts by SasuOna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Cyrax likely got stronger. He wasn't even a cyborg yet during the MK1 tournament in MK9.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 10:34 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yet Scorpion beat both Cyrax and Sektor at the same time when he fought them in MK9, so your point is moot.

he beat them while they were humans and didnt have the cyborg upgrades, the onis were defeated by the cyborg cyrax

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 08:36 PM
red sabre is currently offline Click here to Send red sabre a Private Message Find more posts by red sabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote