KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect Riku

Respect Riku
Started by: ESB -1138

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Respect Riku

(please log in to view the image)

Riku is a friend and rival of Sora, and an original character created by Tetsuya Nomura for the Kingdom Hearts series. Riku is voiced by David Gallagher in the English version and Mamoru Miyano in the Japanese version. He is playable in the second story mode of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and during a portion of the final boss fight in Kingdom Hearts II. At the beginning of the series, he is 15 years old and lives on Destiny Islands with his friends. When their world is attacked by the Heartless, the three are separated. Riku ends up at Hollow Bastion where he is found by Maleficent. Under her influence, he becomes an antagonist to help Kairi. Riku eventually becomes possessed by Xehanort's Heartless, the main antagonist of the first game, and is sent to the realm of darkness, where he helps Sora seal the door to the realm of darkness.

In Chain of Memories, he awakes in the same fortress Sora had arrived at and begins traversing to the top from the basement. Along the way, Riku confronts the remaining darkness in his heart. He also encountered DiZ, a mysterious stranger. Upon reaching the top he finds Naminé, who is attending a sleeping Sora to restore his memories. Riku then chose to find a balance between his light and darkness. A replica of Riku was created by Vexen in Castle Oblivion during the events of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. It was referred to simply as the Riku Replica.

After the events in Chain of Memories, Riku confronted Roxas in order to assist DiZ in reuniting him with Sora. During the fight, he used the power of darkness, which converted Riku into the form of Xehanort's Heartless. For most of the story, Riku remains in this form, helping Sora in secret and never showing his face, not wanting Sora or anyone else to discover what had become of him. Riku returns to his original form by the destruction of a machine intended to convert Kingdom Hearts into data. Afterwards, Riku and Sora battle and defeat Xemnas. In the end, they end up on a dark beach, and discuss how strong their friendship is and how much each of them wanted to be like the other, before a bottle with Kairi's letter washes up on the shore and a portal opens to Destiny Islands. The two use the portal and are sent home.

Riku is the coolest character in Kingdom Hearts!!!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 02:46 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Friend and Rival?

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 03:04 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Yeah. A rival doesn't have to be a bad guy.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 03:08 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Aww i was going to make this sad Plus i know the details than you seem to...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 03:17 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

haha. *Laughs at Gears*

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 03:32 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Remindme
Aww i was going to make this sad Plus i know the details than you seem to...

Don't underestimate my fanboyism to Riku.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 03:33 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

.......Hm? then why so hazy with the details, you could make that up to like 5 times longer that what you put

Besides i thought i made it kinda obvious i wanted to do the Kingdom Hearts characters sad

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 03:42 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

You were just doing Organization XIII from what I can tell. And I don't want to give all the details on Riku. Some people may want to (who haven't) play Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories, and 2.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 05:00 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dang it...was going to make this thread (well, probably not) but I really wanted to make it...I can't believe I even bothered to make the Ryu and Gouki thread before this one...god do I feel ashamed...

Anyway, Nice job ESB. I'll post some kickass pics and videos along with facts later on when I get the chance. Riku f***ing rocks.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 05:02 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ESB -1138
You were just doing Organization XIII from what I can tell. And I don't want to give all the details on Riku. Some people may want to (who haven't) play Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories, and 2.

Well, there is plently of spoiler info up there, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: remember to use the spoiler marks

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 05:16 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

You ain't the boss of me

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 05:21 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Of course not but still......

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 05:25 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

HEHEHEHE HEEEEE HAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAAAA. I made the Riku thread and you ouuuu didn't. HEHEHEHEHE HEEEEEEE HAHAHAHAHA HAAAAAA jk

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 06:17 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

. . . . . *hits you across the head* . . . . . quiet dobe

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 06:25 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Sora vs Riku Replica!

Sora & Riku vs Xemnas

Riku vs Roxas

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 07:14 PM
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Why are Riku's eyes like that?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 07:21 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

What? Covered?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 07:22 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Because his eyes can't lie, he need to cover them so he can move about the realm of darkness, plus it changes his appeared but you don't see that in those videos

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 07:48 PM
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

If that were me, I'd just leave my eyes uncovered.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 08:32 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

He fights just as good with them covered.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2007 12:59 AM