KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Heroes News Thread

Heroes News Thread
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
exanda kane

Yeah, I was quite annoyed when I found it was only a headline.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 12:09 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

So when does volume 2 come out on dividuh?

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 04:01 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

After quite sometime of being "LOST", I'm putting my "Heroes"' chip back on, and I come back with some more news:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mairuzu
So when does volume 2 come out on dividuh?

Hadn't find anything about it, but probably the DVD will be out 2 months before the new season starts, though some people say it'll be released in August

now some news (and old news as well big grin ):

Originally posted by exanda kane
Anyone know about this? A three-hour Heroes episode?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7330979.stm

Heroes Returns! Webisodes in July and 3rd Season on September 15!

quote:
Heroes will return to NBC on Sept. 15 (Monday at 9 p.m. ET/PT) with an expanded third-season opener, but network executives confirmed that the proposed prequel spin off, Heroes: Origins, is officially dead.

“We consciously chose to rest [Heroes] this spring so that [creator] Tim Kring and his team could get ahead of the creative and build up to a massive event–a three-hour Heroes night,” Ben Silverman, co-chairman of NBC Entertainment and Universal Media Studios, said during the network’s upfront presentation to advertisers in New York on April 2. “On Monday, Sept. 15, we’ll kick off with a Heroes clip show to try to bring back the audience and [then air] a massive two-hour Heroes film.”

Silverman also explained why the heavily hyped, much-anticipated Heroes: Origins was scrapped. The show was originally conceived to help eliminate Heroes repeats, and directors and writers–including feature-film vets Kevin Smith, Eli Roth and Michael Dougherty–were already lined up before NBC dropped the idea.

“We were taxing our creative team to do too much around that,” Silverman said. “We wanted 35 Heroes [episodes] and 12 Heroes: Origins, each of which was supposed to be a mini-movie and backdoor pilot. We reached far and challenged our people, and we decided it was better to focus on keeping the Heroes mothership as strong as possible.”

Heroes will air Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT

Webisodes:

NBC Digital Entertainment is moving Peacock properties online in a big way.

NBC announced plans to run original “Heroes,” “Chuck” and “The Office” webisodes beginning in July. Net also announced a “30 Rock” online initiative — dubbed “30 Rock 360″ — that mirrors web platforms for “The Office,” “Heroes” and “Lipstick Jungle.”

“We’re incredibly lucky to have such collaborative writers, producers and actors to work with,” said Vivi Zigler, exec VP of NBC Digital Entertainment.

So basically, they'll be doing a clip show episode(kinda like what was done with LOST this season) to recap what's happened so far, and then have two episodes air the same night, hence the 3 hours premiere.

Too bad to hear Origins won't be happening... yet

UNOFFICIAL: Heroes Season 3 Episode 1 to 4 TITLES

quote:
Well, even if unofficial, the titles of the first four episodes of Heroes Season 3 have been posted all over the Interweb… we might as well post them here too BUT with a warning: they’re not official (at least yet) so take it with a grain of salt. The same ‘rumors’ include air date, writer and director of each episode.

The -unofficial- titles of the first 4 episodes of Heroes Season 3 are:

Episode 3×01: “The Butterfly Effect” / Sept. 15, 2008
Written By: Tim Kring
Directed By: Allan Arkush

Episode 3×02: “Dreamtime” / Sept. 2008
Written By: Tim Kring
Directed By: Greg Beeman

Episode 3×03: “One of Us, One of Them” / Sept. 2008
Written By: Joe Pokaski
Directed By: Sergio Mimica-Gezzan

Episode 3×04: “The Year of Our Lord” / Fall 2008
Written By: Aron Coleite
Directed By: Adam Kane

NBC has so far not confirmed or denied these rumours

This two can be considered a spoiler, but it is a casting news nonetheless

Anders: Villain Will Be Back In 'Heroes' Vol. 3

quote:
This story contains MAJOR SPOILERS for the upcoming third volume of the NBC series "Heroes."

Normally when people are buried, they stay buried. Fortunately, Takezo Kensei isn’t like most people.

When we last saw him on NBC’s “Heroes,” evil samurai Kensei -- also known as Adam -- was buried alive thanks to the time-traveling hero wannabe Hiro Nakamura (Masi Oka). In Season 3 though, David Anders will definitely be back.

“I believe so, yeah. I hope so. I know I'm going to be in one of the first six so ... .” Anders told SyFy Portal’s Alan Stanley Blair at this weekend's Eclipse event in the United Kingdom. “But after that, it's called 'Villains,' and I am an uber-villain.”

And if Anders has his way, the return of the “misunderstood” Adam certainly won’t involve a coffin or being buried alive again because he found that one of the most difficult things he has ever done.

“It was the most frightening experience ever,” he later told fans. “I was in a three-sided satin coffin, between two pieces of glass. I had to contort my body like David Blaine.”

In the third volume of the series, the villains of the show will get a chance to show just how bad they can be. Among them are Adam, Angela Petrelli (Christine Rose), 12 new characters still to be revealed and also someone that Anders feels he would struggle to live up to: the infamous power-snatching Sylar (Zachary Quinto).

“Sylar is hard to beat. Sylar’s eyebrows alone … ,” he added with a laugh. “Adam is just misunderstood. ‘When God wasn’t happy with what he’d created he made it rain for 40 days and 40 nights. He just washed it all away.’ I love my lines.”

HEROES: two new characters

quote:

Question: Any more Heroes scoop?

Ausiello: Two new recurring roles are being cast, both of which are slated to debut in the Season 3 premiere. “Joy” is in her early twenties and described as “quick on her feet — and adept at getting herself into and out of trouble.” Senator Robert Malden, meanwhile, is in his fifties and a political straight shooter.

Some more Ask Ausiello tidbits:

Ausiello on Heroes

quote:
In the latest installment of ‘Ask Ausiello’, Michael Ausiello answered a few Heroes-related questions.
He also ‘dropped’ a couple of juicy spoilers you don’t want to miss:

* Question: I have a Heroes question: Are they going back to work on new episodes in the spring, even if they will not air until the fall? Is that how NBC is able to order more than 22 for next season? — Pat

Ausiello: Nothing gets by you, Pat. Yes, Heroes is tentatively slated to start production on Season 3 on May 1 — more than two months ahead of schedule. As a result, the show could have as many as 10-13 episodes already in the can by the time it returns in September.

* Question: I’m dying for some juicy Heroes scoop! — Stacie

Ausiello: Well, this is about as juicy as it comes: Kristen Bell is not — I repeat, not — signed on for next season. But (and this is a big “but,” so listen up) sources confirm that Heroes is in active discussions with her to return for an arc during Season 3. And considering how much everyone at the show worships her — and she them — I have every reason to believe that this will happen.

* Question: I’m so sad to hear that Heroes isn’t returning until the fall. Do you have any idea what we can expect for next season? — Holly

Ausiello: Let’s just say that over the next few months the show’s casting offices will be filled with actors who are very good at being very bad.

Old (not posted)

MegaCon ‘08: Adrian Pasdar SPOILERRIFIC!

WWLA 2008: Jeph Loeb talks HEROES

quote:
Friday March 14 Jeph Loeb hosted a Marvel panel at the Wizard World Los Angeles 2008 Comic Book Convention.
During the Q&A session, inevitably, fans asked question about NBC’s Heroes, and Jeph graciously answered and gave fans some updates on the TV series. Tim Sale (the artist behind Isaac’s paintings) was also present at the panel

Tim Sale said he was hoping to continue working on Heroes, even if Isaac is dead. It was implied that Skrulls (shapeshifters) would be a part of Heroes storyline, which Loeb quickly denied: “The NBC lawyers are nodding over there” About the strike, Jeph said: “One of the [few] benefits of the strike is that one of our actors went off to play Spock, and it would have been hard to do a series called ‘Villains’ without Sylar. He will be back, the first episode.”

Heroes: Origins? “The idea was that since we had a three month forced vacation, we wanna come back and really focus on the show. Do I think Origins will come back in some form? Yes. Is it on the table now? No.”

Tim Sale said he’d love to work on Doctor Strange and Silver Surfer, but hasn’t had a chance…yet (later that evening, still at WWLA, was announced that Tim Sale is now exclusive to Marvel Comics - who owns Doctor Strange and Silver Surfer, among the others )

Check the Volume 3 - Villains (SPOILERS) thread for some spoilers and a really old "Villains" video nobody posted (at least I don't recall seeing it)big grin

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Apr 13th, 2008 at 07:28 PM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 07:18 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

That's some mighty fine invesitgatin' you've been doing. Nice one.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 07:23 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Thanks, though I did find most of that in one place big grin

any thoughts on the video?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 11:19 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I don't really know what to make of it to be honest; I've been out of the Heroes loop for a while so I'm going to catch Season 2 again when it's broadcast in the UK, see what happens.

I heard Claude's name though. Fantastic.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 02:13 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Claude has been said to be back, too bad in the video, what Bob really says is "the CLOCK is ticking"... sounded like Claude, but it wasn't sad

anyways, some more news:

Interesting Details About Heroes Season 3

quote:
April 20, 2008

Adam Armus and Kay Foster gave us some clues and interesting details about the season 3. Here is what we have picked out ( spoilers) :

* Heroes Season 3 will have 25 episodes.
* Volume 3 Villains will have 13 episodes, which will be released in one go.
* Season 3 will return to the model of Season 1. The only difference is that Season 3 will start with much faster pace. Nice!
* Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder Suresh) is thrilled by what awaits his character this season.
* Angela’s power will be revealed and her role will be very important (we already knew that…)
* Our Heroes will have to save the world at least in two occasions this season.
* We should learn more about evolution of powers.

These are old but a good ones nonetheless:

Is Mohinder going somewhere?

quote:

April 3, 2008

According to Michael Ausiello’s daily column at TV Guide, Tim Kring is looking for new narrator for season 3 (narrator is the voice that usually opens and closes each episode of Heroes ). Mohinder was has been that voice for the last two seasons.

“Someone may be moving in on Mohinder’s narrator turf. Tim Kring is said to be seeking an Australian Aboriginal actor in his fifties to appear in multiple episodes as a storyteller with great wisdom and a soft, soothing voice.”.......

Expect More Dangerous Powers In New 'Heroes'

quote:
And one question that fans want to know will definitely be answered: Does she have a power? The answer quite simply is, yes.

“You’ve gotta know that she’s got something going on,” actress Christine Rose told fans at the recent Eclipse event in the United Kingdom. She wouldn’t say exactly what that power would include. However, she did say that she wouldn’t want to have it as “power like that is dangerous and potentially harmful.”

Among hints at the discussion panel that she knows what
Volume 3 will include (after letting slip that she has a power, Rose was incredibly tight-lipped), she joked that she would like Angela to have a boyfriend in the upcoming volume but that’s not likely to happen. But some of her random theories she has concocted about her character might.

While working on the series, Rose has put in a great deal of thought into the back story of Angela Petrelli and believes that her relationship with Linderman (Malcolm McDowel) and Kaito Nakamua (George Takei) goes a lot farther than anyone else knows.

“I just decided Nathan was my son with him [McDowell], and Milo [] from Arthur [Petrelli]. We all met at Woodstock, done acid and became heroes. Hiro is my child with Kaito cause I think there is something there.”

Only four scenes for “Heroes” volume three have been filmed, including HRG (Jack Coleman), Elle (Kristen Bell) and Rose herself discussing a group of new mysterious villains that are “worse than 12 Sylars.” The scenes were originally supposed to be part of the twelfth episode of the second season but were forced back as a result of the writers strike.

“Heroes” returns to NBC for its third volume in the fall.

Eriko Tamura on Heroes

quote:
On Thursday, Superhero Hype! had a chance to speak with Eriko Tamura, who plays one of the new characters on NBC's "Heroes" - Hiro's girlfriend, Yaeko. She mentioned how currently her character is in the past, but she said when they return in the fall, she'll be shown in the present.

We won't see any new episodes until the fall - they don't start filming again until May.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 03:01 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I'm glad he said clock, because "The Claude is ticking" sounds rather odd.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 02:08 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Casting News:

Already posted by Darth Vicious
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7187
Flashy New Heroes Character

Tron Comes to Heroes
Babylon 5's Boxleitner joins Season 3.

quote:
May 8, 2008 - Someone alert the Master Control Program; Tron is coming to Heroes. TV Guide's Michael Ausiello reports that Bruce Boxleitner, who played the title character in the Disney cult classic, has a new recurring role on Season 3 of the NBC series.

Details are being kept secret about Boxleitner's role. Ausiello says originally the character was going to be modeled after presidential nominee John McCain – though that concept has since been altered. Boxleitner, who also starred in Babylon 5 and Scarecrow and Mrs. King, will apparently be spending a lot of time in his scenes with one of the female regulars on the series.

Last edited by S_D_J on May 13th, 2008 at 01:35 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2008 01:28 AM
S_D_J
Bane

Interview with Allan Arkush (Director)

Heroes Director Gives a Glimpse of Next Season

quote:
Arkush says the series, which begins shooting its next 25 episodes on May 1, will return witha bang post-Olympics, with the first and second episodes airing back-to-back. "We're picking up exactly where we left off," he says. "There will be some huge surprises." One change viewers will notice is a new series regular. Though Arkush remained mum on the subject, he did talk about the types of characters that will be making an appearance. "There will be characters coming that you've heard about."

Some of these could be people from the past, like the group including Angela Petrelli and Kaito Nakamura featured in the mysterious photo. "We'll learn more about that,” promises Arkush. As to whether this will be through flashbacks, Arkush would only say, “We are going to play with time and we are playing a lot with space and where people are on the planet."

"Villains" will take center stage in the upcoming episodes, as well as the nature of these villains being set loose. "It will be really clear who these villains are," says Arkush. "These are not necessarily characters you've met already. Obviously, there's going to be a lot of Sylar." Will some familiar faces clumped into this category? "One of the things that strikes me as so interesting about the show ("Company Man") was when H.R.G. says, 'I'm very comfortable in the morally grey area,'" says Arkush. "Think about that. Just like when Nathan and Linderman were going to destroy New York for reasons they thought were correct. And who on the show seems to be able to make very hard decisions and has grown as a character? One of those people is Angela (Petrelli)."

When it comes to grey areas, will Matt Parkman be exploring his newfound power and perhaps tapping into his dark side? "Matt's going to be flashing someplace," Arkush explained. "It's one of the cool surprises." As for the characters' powers, he says, "One of the things that we're going to explore is the very nature of these powers — where they come from, who has them, what the different aspects are of how they each got their powers and how it affects them. That's going to be a major storyline this year — the actual genetic essence of the power."

Among other burning questions is, will the innocent Hiro we first met turn completely to his warrior side? "As you've seen before in the show, sometimes there are multiples of the same person," says Arkush. "That's all I'm going to say about that." And as for "multiples," was Niki blown into a zillion pieces? "There's some interesting stuff there, too," Arkush says of the storyline.

Most importantly, by saving the cheerleader, have we saved the world? "In this version of this reality we have," says Arkush. "As the show has shown, there are multiple realities. Every time you change something, every time you step on a butterfly, you could be changing the flow of the universe. That's the chaos theory and that's one of the things this season is about."

plus:

Casting Call for episodes 0301 and 0302

quote:
Episode 3.01: The Butterfly Effect
Airdate: September 15, 2008 at 9 p.m.

* 04/23 - Jesse: 28-38, Male. Jesse is an intense guy with an explosive temper. Violent. Cruel. A mean looking S.O.B. Recurring Co-Star. Reporter #1 & #2: 28-38, Male or Female, any ethnicities. An ambitious TV reporter covering the news in Odessa, Texas. Co-Star. E.R. Doctor: 32-48, Male or Female, any ethnicities. A skilled E.R. doctor working in Odessa, Texas. Co-Star. News Commentator: 32-45, Male or Female, any ethnicities. A TV anchor on a national news program. Co-Star. Scary Guy #1 & #2: 25-35, Male, any ethnicities. Two scary thugs preying on innocent civilians in New York city. Co-Star. Paramedic: 30-40, Male or Female, any ethnicities. A paramedic administering emergency care to a seriously injured patient. Co-Star. Source: SpoilerTV

Episode 3.02: Dreamtime
Airdate: September 15, 2008 at 10 p.m.

* 04/23 - African Aborigine: Any age, Male, thin. Seeking an African actor who could portray a member of the Maasai, Samburu or another similar nomadic pastoral tribe. A storyteller with great wisdom. Guest Star / Multiple Episode Arc. Source: SpoilerTV

Last edited by S_D_J on May 20th, 2008 at 02:42 AM

Old Post May 20th, 2008 02:37 AM
S_D_J
Bane

Interview with Masi Oka by Kristin @ E!
Heroes Week

quote:
Gladly! I will give you a bevy of video interviews with our favorites (Masi, Milo, Zach, Adrian, Sendhil, etc.) this week for a Heroes Week extravaganza, so keep checking back.

Heroes Week: My Man Masi Oka Is in the House!

Old Post May 20th, 2008 03:16 AM
starlock
Team Authority

Finally some buzz, Septmember? this is crazy, they should have a 2hr special or something before then

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post May 20th, 2008 12:46 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

BIG NEWS

... well , not so much, but the season premier has been delayed 1 week

Heroes Return Date Announced
NBC officially sets date for their fall debuts, including Office, Earl and more.

quote:
NBC has announced their premiere dates for the fall 2008 TV season, including a three-hour Heroes event on September 22nd which will be comprised of a one-hour clip show, followed by the two-hour Season 3 premiere episode.

the new premiere date it's Monday Sept. 22nd

Old Post May 24th, 2008 05:38 AM
starlock
Team Authority

Oh well, i guess an extra week cant hurt mad

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post May 28th, 2008 12:43 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

At least the premiere will be 2 hours.

Old Post May 29th, 2008 04:17 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Question. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: So Nicki will be back(gay), any word on Nathan living? I actually do want him to come back.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 29th, 2008 04:31 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by @st
Question. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: So Nicki will be back(gay), any word on Nathan living? I actually do want him to come back.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I've heard him mention coming back.

Old Post May 29th, 2008 05:25 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by @st

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: they're both coming back... or so say most spoilers and interviews. Niki has been seen on videos, about Nathan... all there is it's an interview with Adrian Pascar...

Last edited by S_D_J on Jun 1st, 2008 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2008 06:12 PM
stickman618

i can't wait for the next season!!!

i wonder how many of the characters from the Graphic Novels will make it to the series,

Angela's powers finally revealed

villains worse than Sylar??? i can't wait to find out how

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 03:08 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

More and more I find myself getting engrossed in the characters of the graphic novels, and very few characters/plot points have crossed overs far. That annoys me a little.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 07:15 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote