KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Heroes News Thread

Heroes News Thread
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

I've taken too long to post these:

Another Veronica Mars Alum for Heroes

quote:
June 10, 2008 - Someone at Heroes likes Veronica Mars, not that we can blame them. TV Guide is reporting that Francis Capra will be playing a new role in Heroes' third season this fall. Capra, who played Weevil on Veronica, will appear as "Jesse" on the NBC series.

The next volume of Heroes is called "Villains" and it looks like Capra will be part of the ranks of those bad guy title characters. TV Guide says he is indeed playing an "evil" character; one who will cross paths with Peter Petrelli.

We back up TV Guide's hope that Capra's new role will lead to an on screen reunion with Veronica Mars herself, Kristen Bell, whose participation in Season 3 of Heroes is rumored though not yet completely confirmed.

Heroes S3 to air simultaneously in the UK
Beware of Spoilers if you click the link

quote:
great news for Heroes’ UK fans! BBC is to air season 3 in Autumn, slashing then the 7 months delay. More about this, and a big spoiler after the jump:

“People want to participate globally - and, in part, that’s why this autumn, when NBC launches Heroes series three in the States, it will be aired simultaneously by the BBC in the UK,” said Bennett, speaking about changes in TV and media at the Banff Television Festival.

Casting scoop! Claire’s mom is back
quote:
(please log in to view the image)

Ausiello: Casting scoop! Sources confirm to me exclusively that Jessalyn Gilsig is reprising her role as Claire’s white-trash mom for five episodes next season.

William Katt: The Hero Guest-Stars on 'Heroes'
quote:
William Katt, who played the lead role in the '80s television show Greatest American Hero, is the latest classic sci-fi TV actor to make an appearance on the NBC show Heroes.

"I just filmed it last week," Katt says of his appearance on Heroes. "I play a really, really wonderful, seedy, smarmy-mouthed reporter that goes after Ali Larter. It was a lot of fun."

Although Larter's character, Niki Sanders, was apparently trapped in a house that exploded at the end of last season, not only is she back on the set, but Katt said he worked almost exclusively with her. "She hogged me. She wanted me all to herself," he jokes.

The actor, whose role as Ralph Hinkley on Greatest American Hero lasted three years, joins other stars of cult sci-fi classics who have appeared on Heroes, including Joanna Cassidy from Blade Runner and Star Trek actors George Takei and Nichelle Nichols.

A fan of Heroes since he first saw the pilot, Katt said he got the job because of a friendship with director Greg Beeman. "He's a wonderful director. He's been on the show for awhile after being up in Canada doing Smallville. Now he directs on Heroes quite a bit," Katt says. "I did a show with him a number of years ago when we worked together on a two-hour movie of the week for NBC called Problem Child 3."

Katt compares the comedic Greatest American Hero to the dramatic Heroes. "It's more Hitchcockian. It's a more dark and seedy look at the world of superheroes. It's offering to television viewers what some of the better comic books do," Katt says. "Tim Kring is just an extraordinary writer. And I think there's no end to his creativity. He's kind of mad, in an insane way. And that always makes it interesting. There are a lot of twists yet to come."

"Heroes" Star Brea Grant’s Need For Speed

Interesting Interview with "Daphne" (Brea Grant):
beware of spoilers

quote:

For every light there is a dark, for every Spider-Man a Green Goblin, for every Superman a Lex Luthor, and for Hiro Nakamura there is Daphne. Played by actress Brea Grant, the latest character will be gifted with the ability of super speed, one of the last remaining super hero archetypes that hadn’t been touched on by Tim Kring’s hit series, “Heroes.” Returning September 22, the show enters its third season entitled “Villains,” and CBR News tries to catch one of the villains herself to find out more about her fleet footed character....

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 07:06 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Heroes: Catching Up With Nathan and Hiro

not much to say, other than most of that has been already reported,

.... except for the Actions Figures, which took quite a long time to appear (what's a hero without an action figure?.. a Zero?)

anyways: I'm a bit confused about Brea Grant's character name on the show, she was first reported to be called "Joy", but was later changed to "Daphne".... maybe IGN got it wrong here by calling her "Joy" again...

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 02:42 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

i'm sure they're just trying to confuse you

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 07:06 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

laughing

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 02:53 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Jun 24th, 2008 04:22 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

i'm guessing it's a scene from the future

Old Post Jun 24th, 2008 10:45 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stickman618
i'm guessing it's a scene from the future

Could be, i was going to say disguised and maybe further underground so to speak, but it looks like they are making her look older....i think your right smile

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jun 24th, 2008 11:31 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I heard hero's got cancelled for a network spin off of sex and the city.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2008 08:59 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

So after all the hype in the finale last year about Heroes dying, everyone is still back? WTF?

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2008 09:07 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Nice!
looks like a future Claire

Future... yet again

Originally posted by @st
So after all the hype in the finale last year about Heroes dying, everyone is still back? WTF?

looks that way....

I know it's Comicbook hero cliché, but I don't think it works for TV erm

Old Post Jun 24th, 2008 10:26 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by S_D_J

looks that way....

I know it's Comicbook hero cliché, but I don't think it works for TV erm

Thats an early strike on season 3. I hope this show doesnt turn to shit like Smallville.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2008 10:44 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Heroes: Is Kristen Bell Back?
Cristine Rose (Angela Petrelli) a series regular this year

quote:
Kristen Bell's exact future with Heroes has been a bit uncertain – the actress has expressed interest in returning for Season 3, but few expected her to sign on as a regular.

Eonline's Kristin Dos Santos now says that Bell will indeed be back in Season 3 as Elle Bishop, but in a recurring role, and is likely to appear in five episodes.

While there have been some new characters cast for Season 3, none of them are regulars. The only new regular on the series will be Cristine Rose, says Dos Santos, who has appeared on the show since the pilot as Nathan and Peter Petrelli's mom with a past, Angela. Rose will go from a recurring guest star to a series regular this year. Here's hoping we find out what her power is this season, assuming she has one.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 04:18 AM
S_D_J
Bane

New Heroes Webisodes
A three-part webseries begins July 14.

quote:
July 11, 2008 - Beginning this Monday, July 14, NBC.com will be hosting brand-new Heroes webisodes. The three-part webseries, entitled "Going Postal," will follow Echo De Mille, a seemingly ordinary mailman with an extraordinary ability involving sound.

NBC tells us that in the webseries we will get an early glimpse of a new character with special powers and watch his destiny begin to unfold. The fast-paced, twist-filled web series will lead fans on a path to the premiere of the third season of Heroes, subtitled "Villains."

In the first webisode, "A Nifty Trick," Echo DeMille discovers a startling ability that quickly makes him a target.
- NBC.com
In the second webisode, "The Houseguest," posting on July 21, Echo races home to protect his girlfriend Gina, and finds deadly uses for his new ability.

In the third webisode of this installment, "Let's Talk," which posts on July 28, Echo sends Gina off to safety while he confronts his enemies, but the tables turn with an unexpected twist. Visitors to this year's Comic-Con will get a sneak peak at the epic conclusion at the Heroes panel on Saturday, July 26th.

As glimpsed in the trailer below, also making an appearance in "Going Postal" is none other than Angela Petrelli (Cristine Rose), mother of Nathan and Peter.

Heroes season three is scheduled for a two-hour premiere on September 22.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 06:33 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Here's the trailer for "Going Postal"

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 07:04 PM
stickman618

aww man

i want to watch those now, but they'll take forever to load

how relevant is this to the actual series??

Old Post Jul 13th, 2008 07:57 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I'm not sure, but I am positive there will be some connections.

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Jul 13th, 2008 08:05 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

aww man

Surely there'll be some connections, maybe this new "Black Canary" character ( confused no pun intended) will be one of the new villains in the show next season, and it looks like Angela is/was indeed in aposition of power at the Company.. (we never knew for sure in the series)

Old Post Jul 13th, 2008 07:28 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

aww man

It will probably be as relevant as the graphic novels - Heroes has a pretty sizable canon.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2008 07:34 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

I heard that the singer Ashanti was signed on as a new character in season three. Is this true?

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 10:24 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

SDCC 08: Heroes Season 3 Premiere Debuts
(BEWARE OF SPOILERS)

Our impressions and the cast's comments on the beginning of Volume 3: "Villains."

quote:
A packed audience of 6500 fans were in attendance for the Heroes panel at Comic-Con today, as the series once again proved its popularity with this crowd by making the big leap to the biggest room there is at the convention.

Not that it all went completely smoothly – there was a delay getting the cast to the stage, causing moderator (and Heroes writer) Jeph Loeb to have to kill some time, before the cast and series creator Tim Kring finally arrived. Kring had a suitcase handcuffed to his arm, and revealed to the fans that he had with him not just clips, but the entire first episode – suffice to say, this revelation was greeted with a lot of cheering.

So how was it? Most likely, fans will be very happy with the Season 3 premiere, which begins the next Volume, "Villains." It's much more fast-paced and intriguing than how the criticized Season 2 began, while staying within the Heroes style.

As for the actual cast Q&A scheduled for after the screening, it was frustratingly short, due to the late start. Unfortunately, not a lot of strong content came from the little time given either, with many fans taking valuable time up by telling a cast member (or more than one) that they loved them.

At one point however, the cast were all asked to take a turn summing up "Villains" in one or two words, and they offered things like, "Twisted," "sexy" and "intense." Said Cristine Rose ("Angela Petrelli"), "In the words of my generation, it's groovy."

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 11:08 PM