KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Heroes News Thread

Heroes News Thread
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

Wow, lame.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 05:31 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Well that came out of left field. Somehow I don't think they'll handle homosexuality very well...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2009 08:29 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

maybe they'll be sharing Milo.... I mean Peter no expression

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 9th, 2009 04:12 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That's uncomfortable.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 06:48 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Ray Park?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 08:19 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kainreaver

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 08:08 AM
Kainreaver is currently offline Click here to Send Kainreaver a Private Message Find more posts by Kainreaver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Nuul already posted it, but I'm posting again

More Trouble for Heroes?
Pushing Daisies creator Fuller leaves series... again.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/996/996781p1.html

quote:
For many of us who once were proud Heroes fans, Bryan Fuller has been seen as perhaps the last hope the troubled show had left. One of the main writers during Season 1 (AKA: Heroes: The Year We All Liked It), the oft-praised Fuller departed the series when his own show, Pushing Daisies, was picked up by ABC. After Pushing Daisies cancellation this past year, Fuller returned to Heroes for the last few episodes of Season 3 – coming back to a series that had gone through an incredibly turbulent time in his absence, with its ratings having come crashing down, among widespread critical and fan reaction to recent creative choices.

Now however, AintitCool.com's Hercules is reporting Fuller may have left Heroes again. Herc does not give details on the how and why of the departure, but says the news comes via a "convincing anonymous source" -- though he stresses that until it's confirmed, it should be treated as a rumor.

Fuller was expected to take a major role in guiding Season 4 of Heroes. There were many viewers (certainly those of us at IGN TV) who felt there certainly was an upturn in quality when Fuller returned to the show this spring, but we also kept in mind that he was saddled with jumping into storylines crafted by others - so what was most interesting was to see what next season would be like, when he could take a more active role in shaping where the show might go.

Which is to say, if this news is true, it's not something we're excited to hear.

June 22, 2009 - Update: Eonline's Watch With Kristin section is now confirming via twitterthat the below rumor is in fact true and Fuller has left the series. Check for another update at the bottom of this story.

Update 2: Now that we know Fuller has indeed left Heroes, EW.com's Michael Ausiello spoke to the writer/producer about the situation. Fuller said that he did not leave Heroes because of creative differences with series creator Tim Kring, but rather because of his work on his own new projects.

Fuller, who returned to Heroes as part of an overall deal with NBC Universal (which included developing new series), tells Ausiello, "I'm crafting two pilots right now and it's a lot of work. It was just too hard to [juggle] Heroes and my development; something had to give."

erm

Last edited by S_D_J on Jun 23rd, 2009 at 09:56 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 09:46 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

uh-oh, does this mean disaster for heroes??

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 06:52 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

^ I think it's a little too late for that.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 08:53 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Season 3 was nice, until they killed off Nathan. That was stupid and the confrontation didn't even need to occur.

However, this new adventure with Claire and a lady seems interesting.

IMO, they totally screwed up the end of season 3. Totally.

I wish I could go back and rewrite it as a "dead" future timeline that is corrected by someone coming back in time. I hope...I hope...I hope.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 12:27 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

No more time-traveling

it has hurt the show so much

as this "death/not so dead/resurrection" business has

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 04:29 AM
S_D_J
Bane

Speaking of Time-Travel

Waitress Charlie Returns To Heroes
Glee's Jayma Mays to reprise role in Season 4

quote:
August 24, 2009 - Word has it, according to EW.com's Michael Ausiello, Jayma Mays is returning to Heroes for one episode next season. Mays, who's a regular on FOX's Glee won't be taking any time off from that much buzzed-about series since she's already wrapped her filming for Glee's initial 13-episode run.

Mays will be back as Charlie, the hyper-learned waitress that stole Hiro's heart back in Season 1 (in a couple episodes that actually made us care about Hiro, remember?). Hiro's got a bucket list of wrongs to be righted, and he'll be spending this season popping in and out of time, trying to set things straight. One of those things might be…Charlie's murder.

That's just a guess however. She could pop up in a dream – or even in yet another post-apocalyptic future as an evil version of her previous self; dressed all in black with an eye patch.

(please log in to view the image)
- Steve Granitz/WireImage.com
Jayma Mays

Ghostbuster Joins Heroes
New character for Season 4.

quote:
August 12, 2009 - As we wait to hear if the much talked about third film comes together, one of the original Ghostbusters stars is taking on a new role on TV. Ernie Hudson is joining Season 4 of Heroes, says the Hollywood Reporter.

While exact details of his storyline are not known, the Reporter says Hudson will play Captain Lubbock, a Baltimore detective, in what will be a recurring role. This is, by my calculation, the 125th role as a police role for Hudson, who has also played cops in everything from The Crow to Desperate Housewives, plus a prison warden on Oz.

- Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com
Ernie Hudson

Heroes: Meet The Tattooed Lady

quote:
July 8, 2009 - Season 4 of Heroes will bring viewers to the carnival - though one with some very unusual performers, even by carnival standards. While we know Robert Knepper (Prison Break) is the leader of the group, and Ray Park (The Phantom Menace) also has a role, IGN TV has new info for you about another integral member – Lydia, the tattooed lady, played by Dawn Olivieri (How I Met Your Mother).

Here's the scoop on Lydia, from Heroes executive producer/writer Adam Armus:

"Lydia is the beautiful, charming, soul of the Sullivan Brothers Carnival. This carnival is a roving band of people blessed with special abilities. They are powerful, but they hide in the shadows, performing on the outskirts of towns and cities. But all of that is about to change.

- NBC Photo: Chris Haston
Dawn Olivieri as Lydia in Heroes: Season 4

Lydia has been part of this carnival for a number of years. She is the exotic tattoo lady, but she is also a powerful empath of sorts. She has the ability to 'sense' the images on her body and provide valuable information about them. This ability is of great value to Samuel (Robert Knepper), the leader of the carnival. He uses Lydia's ability to locate other 'specials' in the world and uses the information she provides to woo them to his side.

Lydia is compassionate towards Samuel. She understands the grief that has fueled his ambition. But will she support his ultimate destructive goals? Will she be loyal or does Lydia have her own agenda?"

and another preview I'm posting in the other thread:

Heroes: Sylar and Parkman's New Connection
http://tv.ign.com/articles/101/1016874p1.html

Last edited by S_D_J on Sep 2nd, 2009 at 04:58 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 04:45 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Titles for upcoming episodes:

401: Orientation (Season premiere)
Airdate: September 21, 2009

402: Jump, Push, Fall
Airdate: September 21, 2009 at 9 p.m.

403: Acceptance
Airdate: September/October 2009

404: Ink
Airdate: October 2009

405: Hysterical Blindness
Airdate: October 2009

406: Title Unknown
Airdate: November 2009

407: Strange Attractors
Airdate: November 2009

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 05:44 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Title and description for Episode 5:

405: Hysterical Blindness

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Samuel prepares for new additions to his family, while Lydia warns him of the consequences. Claire discovers that her roommate Gretchen may have a hidden agenda. Meanwhile, Peter finds an unexpected way to connect with Emma, who would prefer to stay distant. Elsewhere, a different side of Sylar emerges as he desperately tries to remember the person he used to be.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 04:41 AM
S_D_J
Bane

Major Heroes Death On The Horizon?
Plus, news of a new carnie character.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/103/1035103p1.html

quote:
October 14, 2009 - If you don't want to know any info about major upcoming plot points from Season 4 of Heroes, then stop reading because this is a little Spoiler-ific!

According to E! Online's Kristin Dos Santos, there's a big shocking death headed our way on Heroes. Sources say that the death is a big one and will not go unnoticed, even by the most casual fan.

All that we know is that the character is male and one of the original cast members. Man, it better not be Mohinder. We all want him to die anyway. There'd be nothing shocking about that. There would just be joy. Endless joy.

We've also got some news about a new upcoming carnival character. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Todd Stashwick (The Riches, Curb Your Enthusiasm) is joining the season as a recurring carnival worker, Eli.

We don't know anything about Eli except that he "has close ties to the carnival's evil ringleader Samuel (Robert Knepper)."

wouldn't it be funny if it was Mohinder, showing up just to get killed big grin

it says original member, so Sylar must be safe.

the show is back on form and I like it and all, but I honestly don't care who gets the axe anymore no expression

Old Post Oct 16th, 2009 01:54 PM
Quincy
Debaser

I heard on the radio this morning that Heroes was being cancelled. Any merit to this?

If so - that'd be hilarious for the last season to be about a circus. Pretty symbolic.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 02:25 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quincy
I heard on the radio this morning that Heroes was being cancelled. Any merit to this?

If so - that'd be hilarious for the last season to be about a circus. Pretty symbolic.

i haven't heard that, but someone is leaving Heroes..

Breaking News

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 07:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, haven't heard any news about cancellation.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 10:11 PM
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_D_J
Major Heroes Death On The Horizon?
Plus, news of a new carnie character.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/103/1035103p1.html

wouldn't it be funny if it was Mohinder, showing up just to get killed big grin

it says original member, so Sylar must be safe.

the show is back on form and I like it and all, but I honestly don't care who gets the axe anymore no expression

laughing

Mohinder did showed up, but didn't get killed... he was already dead big grin

... but it is indeed Adrian leaving the show

Old Post Nov 10th, 2009 05:23 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Is Heroes Being Cancelled?

http://backseatcuddler.com/2009/10/...season-details/

Heroes fans, this is a sad day for you. Network executives over at NBC have asked the producers to wind things down on the show, possibly plan for the show’s finale by May.

“There isn’t much happening with this show in terms of audience, and giving it a ‘final chapter’ feel is something the network is considering to help allow the show to go out with a bang.”

So it looks like this will be the final season for Heroes. You should be getting all the answers you need to give you closure by May and that will be the end of yet another NBC show.

“I don’t think this should surprise anybody,” the source said. “The writing has been on the wall for some time.”

This is the time to support Heroes in any way you can think of if you want it to stick around. Start contacting NBC and let them know the show is still alive before they make the official announcement.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 06:17 PM