KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Sith Lord Revan vs Grand Master Luke

outcome of battle
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
reven wins, hands down 13 19.40%
close battle but revan ends up on top 4 5.97%
stalemate 2 2.99%
close battle but luke ends up on top 10 14.93%
luke wins, hands down 38 56.72%
Total: 67 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sith Lord Revan vs Grand Master Luke
Started by: Spartan 063

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Alright well, I don't think Revan is being given enough credit by some people. Yes, he's gonna lose. And yes, it won't be an especially close fight. But Luke is going to work up a significant sweat winning this and I woudn't be surprised if he earned some nice news scars/fake body parts.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Alright well, I don't think Revan is being given enough credit by some people. Yes, he's gonna lose. And yes, it won't be an especially close fight. But Luke is going to work up a significant sweat winning this and I woudn't be surprised if he earned some nice news scars/fake body parts.

Work up a sweet,definitely but earning scars/fake body parts scars maybe but it definitely seems to be pushing it to me that revan make a luke lose a body part and then it would seem like luke would be driven to the limit in that case. And I don't think revan is that good to make luke lose body parts.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 07:46 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tulakhordpwns
?

Of course, Lumiya gave Luke some scars and new body parts, and she is surely below Revan.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 08:38 PM
Click here to Send tulakhordpwns a Private Message Find more posts by tulakhordpwns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
Of course, Lumiya gave Luke some scars and new body parts, and she is surely below Revan.

He lost his arm because he was distracted as to what was happening with Mara Jade. And when Luke was in "kill mode" he destroyed her. Luke would have no distractions here.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 08:56 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Darth Hord nailed it on the head. Twice. I wouldn't have such a problem with SW LeGenD or the KotoR era if he didn't make a habit of cramming in "Revan is very powerful!", "Revan is very smart!", and "Revan is a great Sith!" into every post he makes -- even if he acknowledges that Revan would get WTFpwned, he has to cram that detail in.

We comprehend: Revan's pretty damn uber. No one here has contested that. But are there stronger characters? Yes. Are there smarter characters? Yes. Are there characters with greater achievements? Yes. Are there characters who are have all three on Revan? Yes. And every time you fellate Revan, I make it my personal mission to fellate every other character to make the point.

quote:

Actually, it's a canon fact that Revan is less than RotS Yoda and RotS Sidious. It's been argued that they couldn't give Luke -- at this time -- that hard of a fight, so Revan likely won't either.

quote:

This is true. However, this was a half-distracted Luke who was using most of his energy trying to keep the bar patrons from killing him (and from Lumiya killing them), as well as fighting Lumiya at the same time. And he still won. Strength for strength? She doesn't register at all, and you know that.

The only way Revan's going to injure Luke is if he uses the circumstances against him: which is fair and legitimate, as Revan is surely -- tactically, at least -- Luke's superior. But is he anything approaching Luke's strength? No.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tulakhordpwns
?

Originally posted by Gideon
The only way Revan's going to injure Luke is if he uses the circumstances against him: which is fair and legitimate, as Revan is surely -- tactically, at least -- Luke's superior. But is he anything approaching Luke's strength? No.

That is what I am trying to get at, circumstances could very well result in Luke getting injured.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 09:19 PM
Click here to Send tulakhordpwns a Private Message Find more posts by tulakhordpwns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
That is what I am trying to get at, circumstances could very well result in Luke getting injured.

But we can't necessarily rely on that. That Lumiya managed to outwit Luke on one occasion and injure him due to manipulation of circumstances does not suggest that she will always be able to do so, nor that anyone else would. Emperor Palpatine manipulated the galaxy for two decades -- outwitting supremely powerful Force-users and experienced warriors -- and he's far closer to Luke than Revan is. If we use this line of logic, Palpatine will pwn Luke and anyone else every time simply because, not only is he comparable to Luke in strength, he's a hell of a lot smarter.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tulakhordpwns
?

I'm not saying Revan will win, only that he, and many other people, have a chance of injuring Luke.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 09:29 PM
xxxpoppunker182

unless luke is trying to kill them cause when he wanted lumiya dead he killed her........... easily.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 01:39 AM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Blasmaster-

I dont really see the point of putting Luke in a 1on1 match with anyone. He'll always win, most of them quite easily I might add. Man, if I were only an admin here, I would add another rule stating that Luke should NOT be used in a 1 on 1 match. He can only be used if more than 1 combatant is against him.

Actually, it's a canon fact that Revan is less than RotS Yoda and RotS Sidious. It's been argued that they couldn't give Luke -- at this time -- that hard of a fight, so Revan likely won't either.

Not questioning you or anything, but Im curious can you show me this canon fact or atleast point me to a source.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 10:32 PM
Click here to Send -Blasmaster- a Private Message Find more posts by -Blasmaster- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Revan of course! XD

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 12:52 AM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by -Blasmaster-
Not questioning you or anything, but Im curious can you show me this canon fact or atleast point me to a source.

It pretty much goes like this ROTS Sidious is called the most powerful sith lord ever. And ROTS is called the most devastating foe the darkside has ever seen.(or something along those lines) Which means that post kotor revan (who is a jedi) can't be more powerful than yoda who was able to stalemate the most powerful sith lord ever. So by that line of thought he isnt more powerful.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 02:12 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Blasmaster-

You're entitled to question me whenever you please. As for your answer, in the RotS novelization, Yoda is called "the most devastatingly powerful foe the darkness had ever known" by the omniscient narrator.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 03:48 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Darth Hord nailed it on the head. Twice. I wouldn't have such a problem with SW LeGenD or the KotoR era if he didn't make a habit of cramming in "Revan is very powerful!", "Revan is very smart!", and "Revan is a great Sith!" into every post he makes -- even if he acknowledges that Revan would get WTFpwned, he has to cram that detail in.

Revan getting WTFpwned is a judgment that you cannot use in this case. You or anybody else don't know enough about Revan's abilities. But keeping Revan's feats in mind, it is hard to say that he will get WTFpwned in a fight.

You have to look at what Revan did on the Star Forge.

Revan's performance on the Star Forge:

"It is a place which was already filled with strong dark side presence and this would give the Sith stationed over there additional bonus.

Then when the fight began, Revan first destroyed an entire army of SF battle droids. Those droids were powerful enough to even deal with the Jedi as even Malak was surprised when they were wiped out but then he acknowledged that it happened only because of Revan. His two other companions were not powerful enough to do so by themselves.

Then Malak decided to send every thing at his disposal against Revan. Even then he doubted that it would stop Revan and would instead only slow him down. And we know that what happened to Malak's Sith and not to forget that they were being aided by Bastilla's powerful BM.

Then Revan reached Bastilla and overcame her singlehandedly even when the Star Forge was directly replenishing her energies.

After that he once again had to face a large numbers of SF battle droids by himself and they were being constantly generated by SF droid generators and still Revan overcame the odds.

Then finally, Revan faced the DLOTS who had made certain preparations that made him nearly unstoppable and despite of that, we know that who came out victorious."

NOTE: This is Revan who does not remembers his knowledge fully yet.

So we are talking about a person who managed to do all this inside the stronghold of the Sith and you think that he will get WTFpwned? Show me a "combat feat" of Darth Caedus that surpasses Revan's performance on the Star Forge.

OK! I admit that Revan would loose in this fight but even then you cannot say that he would go down "very easily." His abilities are not to be under-estimated.

We comprehend: Revan's pretty damn uber. No one here has contested that. But are there stronger characters? Yes. Are there smarter characters? Yes. Are there characters with greater achievements? Yes. Are there characters who are have all three on Revan? Yes. And every time you fellate Revan, I make it my personal mission to fellate every other character to make the point.

Once again! Very few characters have surpassed Revan.

You and some others do not give enough credit to Revan. This is why I argue for him.

Again this means something?

Power is not the only deciding factor in fights. A character grows or changes with passage of time.

Even then Revan has shown us that he is damn good in combat and his feats are amazing.

You seem to forget that Mara Jade Skywalker was going to defeat Darth Caedus even when Caedus was more powerful. Her smartness is what gave her massive advantage. But then again Caedus was not an idiot either and manage to win through a cheap shot.

Now since Revan is very smart, he will most certainly try to take advantage of the circumstances around him to make some gains in the fight. Though Luke is so powerful that he manages to tolerate a lot more then any Jedi could, so he might still win.

Luke is the strongest character in SW mythos. So I don't think that he should be used in 1 on 1 fights any more.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Sep 23rd, 2007 at 07:13 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 07:01 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

XD

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 07:51 AM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Show me a "combat feat" of Darth Caedus that surpasses Revan's performance on the Star Forge.

First off let me state that no one here is underestimating Revan like you think.
And you wanted a feat from Jacen Solo well here is one during his duel with Omni. And this speaks for itself.

quote:
What he found instead was formless, supple, and fathomless-an infinite emptiness, but as serene as a wind toppling trees to encourage new growth. A being of light, Jacen was drawing into himself all of Onimi's lethal compounds, neutralizing them and casting them out as sweat, tears, and exhalations. He understood at last why he had failed to catch Anakin's lightsaber when Luke had tossed it to him: he was never meant to catch it, because he had become the lightsaber. He had attained the ability to cut through any resistance in himself; to sever the bonds of preconception; to open a gaping hole into a reality more expansive than any he had ever dared imagine; to heal.

As his grandfather had done, he had broken through the apparent opposites that concealed the absolute nature of the Force, and found his way into an unseen unity that existed beyond the seeming separateness of the world. For a moment all the cosmic tumblers had clicked into place, and light and dark sides became something he could balance within himself, without having to remain on one side or the other.

The consciousness that was Jacen Solo was strewn across the vast spectrum of life energy. He had passed beyond choice and consequence, good and evil, light and dark, life and death. All that had been required of Jacen was complete surrender-a technique once mastered by the Jedi Order but at some point misplaced; transposed to an emphasis on individual achievement, which had opened a way to arrogance. In that the path was available to any who chose to seek and follow it, Jacen understood that the discovery was really a rediscovery.

Indeed, the Yun-Yuuzhan Vong had adhered to it when they had lived in symbiosis with Yuuzhan'tar. In that dim protohistorical time, they had been group-minded, living in a world where the boundaries between self and other were permeable. By cutting that bond they had isolated themselves from the Force. They had deluded themselves into thinking that they were worshiping life, when in fact they were worshiping the only route to symbiosis left open to them, which was death.

Jacen realized that, in a sense, he had paraphrased Onimi. He had passed beyond the tradition of the Jedi Order into a more embracing reality. But instead of attempting to steal the authority of the gods, or to become a god, he had finally allowed himself to merge with the Force in its entirety and become a conduit for its raw power, which flowed through him like the thundering headwaters of a great river. The conjoining of the Force and his Vongsense enabled him to render himself small enough to follow Onimi wherever he went or attempted to hide; to counter Onimi's every action, and merge with his living vessel on a molecular level.

Jacen ended their spinning, bringing them to a halt in the center of the bridge, where he continued to parry Onimi's strikes. The Supreme Overlord's lolling eye fixed him with a gimlet stare. Gradually Onimi began to understand, as well. He grasped that Jacen wasn't defending himself so much as using Onimi's own strengths against him.

Jacen was fighting without fighting; drawing Onimi deeper into the struggle by demanding more of Onimi's indigenous toxins, to the point that he couldn't keep up. Jacen was the vacuum, the dovin basal singularity into which Onimi was being sucked. Jacen had become the dismantling void that was drawing Onimi into a slender thread, attenuating him to the point of infinite smallness. Onimi's self-deformed face began to change. His arteries pulsed and his veins bulged from beneath his pale skin.

Onimi fought with everything that remained in him, but Jacen could not be overwhelmed. As a pure conduit of the Force, he was incapable of taking missteps or making wrong moves. He stood not at the edge of the tilting ecliptic of his vision, but at the center, as a fulcrum. The weight that would disturb the balance was Onimi, but to Jacen, that weight was no longer of sufficient mass to make a difference. The Force encased Jacen like a whirlwind, moving deep into the darkness the Yuuzhan Vong had brought to the galaxy, and gathering it and sending it up the spout into the funnel cloud, where it was transformed and dispersed. Onimi was becoming more insubstantial by the moment.

Jacen continued to stand firm, righting the world. He had become so powerful as to be dangerous to his own galaxy, for he could see clearly the temptations of the dark side and the desire to force one's will on others-to so completely dominate that all life would kowtow to him. He purged his mind of all pride and evil intent and entered a moment of unadulterated bliss, where he seemed to have unlocked the very secrets of existence. He knew that he would never again be able to reach this exalted state, and at once that he would spend the rest of his life trying.

Neither Jaina nor Jacen had answered Leia's calls as Nom Anor had led the search for them, but the reason for their silence became clear the moment she entered the bridge of the accelerating alien vessel. She was last to arrive in the cavernous chamber.

Nom Anor and Han, blaster in hand, had raced in ahead of her, only to be transfixed by the spectacle unfolding before their eyes-a sight Leia knew she would carry to her grave, and all the more spellbinding for the backdrop of familiar stars, hyphens of coherent light, roiling plasma missiles. She felt as if she were wedged between a dream and a vision; lifted into a realm that was usually denied to mortal beings. In the center of the bridge Jacen stood like a pillar of blinding light, feet planted, arms at his sides, chin lifted.

The dazzling light seemed to spin outward from his midsection and surround him like an aura. His face was almost frighteningly serene, and perhaps a touch sad. The pupils of his eyes were like rising suns. He seemed to age five years-features maturing, complexion softening, body elongating-as Leia watched breathlessly. What youth might have remained in her son vanished........................

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 11:40 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Regarding Jacen vs Onimi:

Jacen defeated Onimi and it is indeed an amazing accomplishment. But you have to keep in mind 3 points here:

1) Onimi is not a Force User. He could not use the Force offensively on Jacen.

2) Jacen had "Wong Sense" ability, which was an added bonus for him.

3) Then Jacen could use the Force to vastly amplify his strength, speed and effectiveness during combat against Onimi and he indeed did so.

Regarding Revan vs Malak on the Star Forge:

Like Revan, Malak was also among the exceptional warriors of his age.

"Though only a young man, his skill in battle and prowess with the lightsaber had already earned him renown within the Order." (Narration from official KOTOR website)

He was a master swordsman and also was strong in the Force. By the time when he became a DLOTS, his mastery in the Force improved so much that according to DSSB he wielded devastating dark side power.

Just like Revan, he too could use the Force offensively on his opponents at will and through the Force he could also amplify his strength, speed and effectiveness in combat.

Then this battle was taking place on the Star Forge, which was filled with strong dark side presence of the Force. This would also further boost the power of an already very powerful Sith Lord.

Then further add to this the Malak’s preparations that would give him noticeable advantage in the fight. "The Sith Lord had grotesquely adapted the Rakatan device to draw energy directly from chained Jedi captives. He replenished his life force from the captives by draining theirs.” (Star Wars databank)

So this fight was not at all on equal terms. Malak had made himself “nearly unstoppable” through the Star Forge and still Revan prevailed.

Now decide that who was better.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Sep 23rd, 2007 at 03:08 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 03:02 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Jacen reached that state and was never able to reach it again. Luke and Anakin also reached that state. Interesting how that wasn't the "First time", and that it was a common technique among the Jedi Order during ancient times.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 03:59 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Onimi was a Force user, LeGenD.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 05:48 PM
Lightsnake

Moreover, Jacen literally became one with the Force in that fight

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 06:11 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote