KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect Aerith Gainsborough!

Respect Aerith Gainsborough!
Started by: Superboy Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Respect Aerith Gainsborough!

Respect the all mighty flower girl responsible for thousands of fanboy dreams broken when she ****.

(please log in to view the image)
---

Bio

Aeris Gainsborough is introduced in Final Fantasy VII as flower girl, when she collides into Cloud Strife, who is fleeing from the scene of a bombed Mako reactor caused by himself and AVALANCHE. The two later meet in Aeris' church, where she is faced with the possibility of being captured by the Turks. Aeris asks Cloud, a mercenary, to be her bodyguard for the cost of one date. She is eventually apprehended, but once again saved by Cloud and company. Aeris then joins them in the pursuit of the malevolent Sephiroth, as well as embarks on a journey of self-discovery. Although Aeris makes a point of putting on an image of innocence, she is in reality much less naive than she lets on. She takes the opportunity to showcase her coyer side around Cloud — with whom she is openly flirtatious — when possible, and generally remains optimistic throughout the journey.

Sephiroth kills Aeris in an iconic scene from Final Fantasy VII.After a failed attempt to foil Sephiroth's theft of the black materia, Aeris ventures alone into the Forgotten City for an unknown purpose, incurring Sephiroth's wrath. Cloud and his companions give chase and eventually locate Aeris, praying at an altar. Sephiroth soon attempts to take possession of Cloud through his Jenova cells (as he has done before) and use him as a pawn to kill Aeris. Cloud resists the command with the help of his friends, whereupon Sephiroth reveals himself and slays Aeris with a single thrust of his sword. The materia given her by her mother, which she wore in her hair, falls from the altar into the water. Holding her body, Cloud rails against Sephiroth, who mocks him and states that he has no feelings and is merely "a puppet". Cloud and the rest of AVALANCHE are not given time to grieve just yet, as Sephiroth summons a new incarnation of Jenova, Jenova-Life, which they must defeat. Cloud then carries Aeris' body out into a lake in the ancient capital city of the Cetra and releases her back to the Planet. Aeris' death becomes one of the pivotal moments of the game's plot and is one of the best-known moments in any Final Fantasy game. As later events showed, Aeris would still aid the others despite her death.

The party later learns the reason for Aeris being in the Forgotten City: through her White Materia — handed down from her mother Ifalna — Aeris was able to summon Holy, the only force capable of repelling the ultimate destructive magic, Meteor, which Sephiroth sought to call forth. However, in order to learn of this spell — and, indeed, to use it — she needed to visit the City of the Ancients, to which she could feel herself being drawn. Though she had successfully called forth Holy before her death, Sephiroth would have to be defeated to initiate its effect, for his powerful will was holding the spell back at the heart of the Planet. Inspired by the hope Aeris had left to them, Cloud and the others make their way back to the bowels of the Northern Cave for a final showdown with Sephiroth, with Cloud ultimately succeeding in killing him, banishing him back to the Lifestream.

However, Holy is freed too late to function as effectively as it should, for Meteor — already summoned by Sephiroth and set on a crash-course with the Planet — has come too near the Planet's surface. While Holy clashes with Meteor, attempting to prevent its impact, the gravity of both Meteor and the Planet pulling on the spell in opposite directions weakens it, leaving it with too little room to take effect.[6] In a climactic FMV, the Planet's Lifestream spews forth from within the planet and bands together, acting as a battering ram to push Meteor back, giving Holy enough room to properly destroy it. This showing is followed by a vision of Aeris within the Lifestream's energy, an indication of her final efforts to save the planet, as are detailed in Maiden who Travels the Planet
---

Aerith's revenge

---

I miss Aerith ****ing Sephiroth!

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Sep 20th, 2007 at 12:10 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 12:08 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

FVCK Sephiroth!!

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 12:09 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Aerith's Limit Breaks

In order they are:

1. Healing Wind--Duh...heals your party
2. Seal Evil--casts silence, blind and other status effects illments on the enemies.
3. Breath of the Earth
4. Fury Brand(my favorite)--makes your party's limit gauge automatically fill completely.
5. Planet Protector--makes party completely invulnerable to harm for a limited time
6. Pulse of Life--completely heals your party
7. Great Gospel--restores full health and makes the party invulnerable to harm(This is the best limit break in the entire game. Shit if she did not die this limit break would have completely ruined any challenge FFVII presented)

---

Director and scenario writer Yoshinori Kitase concludes:

In the real world things are very different. You just need to look around you. Nobody wants to die that way. People die of disease and accident. Death comes suddenly and there is no notion of good or bad. It leaves, not a dramatic feeling but great emptiness. When you lose someone you loved very much you feel this big empty space and think, 'If I had known this was coming I would have done things differently.' These are the feelings I wanted to arouse in the players with Aerith's death relatively early in the game. Feelings of reality and not Hollywood.

—Yoshinori Kitase, Edge Magazine, May 2003

Last edited by Zack Fair on Sep 20th, 2007 at 12:20 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 12:15 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Drat, i was going to make this, even hame the thing saved on a Word doc sad

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 12:36 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

But I bet you didn't have Aerith whooping Sephiroth's ass

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 12:39 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

No, but thats only a game hack anyway, i have way more and better fanart

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 12:44 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Cloud & Aerith's date on Gold Saucer

One thing for sure...you don't want to piss her off...she packs quite a punch.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 12:45 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Touchè, i did the date perfectly stick out tongue

Did you get the date with Tifa?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 12:47 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I got Aeris my 1st and 2nd time. LoL. I just loved her sad The 3rd time I had to give Tifa more attention because I wanted to see how it went...I ended up liking Aerith's date more. Although Yuffie...she was funny and she actually had the guts to kiss Cloud. Go Yuffie! Lucky for me I never, ever, went out on a date with Barret. ROFL.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 12:51 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Remindme
No, but thats only a game hack anyway, i have way more and better fanart

I know...its still funny

And by all means do post the fanart here!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 12:57 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Yeah, okie, i'll post it....tomorrow, just realised i haven't saved it where i thought i did ^^'

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 01:32 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Aerith's Limit Breaks

In order they are:

1. Healing Wind--Duh...heals your party
2. Seal Evil--casts silence, blind and other status effects illments on the enemies.
3. Breath of the Earth
4. Fury Brand(my favorite)--makes your party's limit gauge automatically fill completely.
5. Planet Protector--makes party completely invulnerable to harm for a limited time
6. Pulse of Life--completely heals your party
7. Great Gospel--restores full health and makes the party invulnerable to harm(This is the best limit break in the entire game. Shit if she did not die this limit break would have completely ruined any challenge FFVII presented)

---

Director and scenario writer Yoshinori Kitase concludes:

In the real world things are very different. You just need to look around you. Nobody wants to die that way. People die of disease and accident. Death comes suddenly and there is no notion of good or bad. It leaves, not a dramatic feeling but great emptiness. When you lose someone you loved very much you feel this big empty space and think, 'If I had known this was coming I would have done things differently.' These are the feelings I wanted to arouse in the players with Aerith's death relatively early in the game. Feelings of reality and not Hollywood.

—Yoshinori Kitase, Edge Magazine, May 2003

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 02:44 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

We need to mourn Aerith's death with some

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 02:47 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's Snafu and Ashtar lol

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 04:19 AM