KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Johnny Cage

Johnny Cage
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

... lol

And yeah, I know it isn't fair. I was just tryin' to go by what Midway was probably thinkin' (not tryin' to justify their decisions or something), so eh.. yeah.

That said, Johnny Cage for MK8, MK9!... or something. erm

Edit: What kind of wacky ending do you think he would've been given had he been a playable character in MK vs DCU?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 04:56 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

If Midway goes out of business, then there won't be another MK game unless another company gets the license for it.

The ending would've been something like:

"After recovering from his fight with Dark Kahn, Johnny Cage decides to try something different for a change. For his upcoming movie, he decides to hire actors to portray the superheros he encountered recently in order to retell his journey to everyone. When the movie was released in theaters, it became a massive hit and Cage became an extremely famous billionaire. Since he obtained all of the fame and fortune that he always craved, he decided to give up his fighting career since he didn't feel the need to risk his life anymore. He had everything he ever wanted, and he's satisfied with it."

The ending picture would be of Cage standing in front of his expensive mansion with his wife. They're both wearing expensive clothes and jewelry.

Last edited by Black Yoshi on Dec 19th, 2008 at 05:13 AM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 05:11 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
If Midway goes out of business, then there won't be another MK game unless another company gets the license for it.

Yeah, like Capcom maybe.

The ending would've been something like:

"After recovering from his fight with Dark Kahn, Johnny Cage decides to try something different for a change. For his upcoming movie, he decides to hire actors to portray the superheros he encountered recently in order to retell his journey to everyone. When the movie was released in theaters, it became a massive hit and Cage became an extremely famous billionaire. Since he obtained all of the fame and fortune that he always craved, he decided to give up his fighting career since he didn't feel the need to risk his life anymore. He had everything he ever wanted, and he's satisfied with it."

The ending picture would be of Cage standing in front of his expensive mansion with his wife. They're both wearing expensive clothes and jewelry.

lol Nice.. Kinda reminds me of his Armageddon ending (about attaining enlightenment). haha
Who would his wife be though? Sonya Blade?

Eh, anyhow, found some comic book scans of Johnny Cage. He owns Kano and Sub-zero (among others), and with style. Guess that's more feats under Cage's belt.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 05:02 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 05:03 AM
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 05:03 AM
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Aftermath of the first MK tournament.

It's too bad he doesn't join the Special Forces.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 05:57 AM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Those are some cool scans. I think Johnny Cage is one of those characters who changed his outfit for each game.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah, like Capcom maybe.

That might work, but I'm not sure if they would want it...

lol Nice.. Kinda reminds me of his Armageddon ending (about attaining enlightenment). haha
Who would his wife be though? Sonya Blade?

Yeah, I guess so. If the first Mortal Kombat movie was canon, then Johnny Cage and Sonya would make a good couple.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 06:27 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Yeah, I guess so. If the first Mortal Kombat movie was canon, then Johnny Cage and Sonya would make a good couple.

Indeed. The whole thing between her and Shang Tsung (in the first movie) never made sense anyway.

Those are some cool scans. I think Johnny Cage is one of those characters who changed his outfit for each game.

Yep. Anyhow, continuing from the last scans I posted..

Cage teams up with Jax against Jade and Smoke.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 07:15 AM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

*sigh* It's nice to see my two favorite characters in the MK franchise team up to defeat their opponents.

What's the name of the comic book in which these scans came from?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 07:20 AM
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

*sigh* It's nice to see my two favorite characters in the MK franchise team up to defeat their opponents.

What's the name of the comic book in which these scans came from?

Heh. I thought you'd say that. stick out tongue As for the name of the comics, it's Blood & Thunder and Battlewave (both of which are from that link I posted in the Jax respect thread).

Anyhow, the adventures of the Special Forces agent and the no-talent ass clown continues.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 08:38 AM
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

-------

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 09:39 AM
-Pr-

great thread guys... if there's one thing cage could do with, its more respect...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 09:44 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Originally posted by Raoul
great thread guys... if there's one thing cage could do with, its more respect...

Indeed... and thank you for posting in/acknowledging this thread. thumb up smile Makes posting these scans and stuff all the more worthwhile. *keeps it up*

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 10:09 AM
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Note-worthy appearnces of Cage in the Collector's Edition of MK & MK2 (you may have already seen some if you unlocked the right stuff in the Deadly Alliance Krypt).

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 11:53 AM
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Continued from the last post.

After having the production of his latest movie interrupted, Cage teams up with Jax against Outworld's warriors once again, except this time, he killed off-panel/off-screen (following the storyline of MK2). Evidently, Jax was too distracted with Kintaro to help save him.

Guess Baraka got his revenge, since he couldn't beat Cage 1-on-1 in all those other encounters. erm

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 12:27 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Heh. I thought you'd say that. stick out tongue As for the name of the comics, it's Blood & Thunder and Battlewave (both of which are from that link I posted in the Jax respect thread).

Anyhow, the adventures of the Special Forces agent and the no-talent ass clown continues.

Yep, but they should've been a team in "MK vs DC"...

Anyway, thanks for all the scans and the link.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 07:24 PM
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Yep, but they should've been a team in "MK vs DC"...

Anyway, thanks for all the scans and the link.

No problem, and yeah. I agree.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2008 02:25 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Holy shit, I just noticed something.

Johnny is a freakin' trendsetter.

He is the first person to rock a pair of shades in a fighting game (albeit in his profile photos and in the comics) and looks badass in doing so. And now, other characters are following suit.

Albert Wesker made them his trademark (he probably shops at the same store as Johnny). Duke Nukem dons a pair for his own badass look. Even Kazuya Mishima rocked a pair in Tekken 4, as did Cloud in Advent Children and Ocelot in MGS4. Zack has his since DOA1 and even Crimson Viper has her own pair.

Johnny, we salute you.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2009 04:34 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Wow... Can't believe I never noticed that before.

I guess it's the same as how Liu Lame was the first Bruce Lee-esque character ever made in a fighting game (at least the one in the first MK).

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 06:00 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Wow... Can't believe I never noticed that before.

I guess it's the same as how Liu Lame was the first Bruce Lee-esque character ever made in a fighting game (at least the one in the first MK).

Actually Prime, Mortal Kombat was the second game to have a character modeled after Bruce Lee.

The dubious honor falls onto World Heroes (which was released in April 1992, whereas Mortal Kombat was released in August 1992), with their character Kim Dragon, who is South Korean instead of Chinese. You know me. I checked this out myself.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 08:07 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote