KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Johnny Cage

Johnny Cage
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I keep thinking that Johnny Cage had a spin-off game on the PS1 or PS2 for some reason. I'll try to confirm it.

EDIT: That's okay. It was Jax who had a solo game on the PS1.

Last edited by Black Yoshi on Dec 14th, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 11:21 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Actually Prime, Mortal Kombat was the second game to have a character modeled after Bruce Lee.

The dubious honor falls onto World Heroes (which was released in April 1992, whereas Mortal Kombat was released in August 1992), with their character Kim Dragon, who is South Korean instead of Chinese. You know me. I checked this out myself.

Yeah, I do. stick out tongue

Haha, wow. I guess Liu Lame was just the first well-known Bruce Lee based character, then. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Black Yoshi
I keep thinking that Johnny Cage had a spin-off game on the PS1 or PS2 for some reason. I'll try to confirm it.

EDIT: That's okay. It was Jax who had a solo game on the PS1.

Yeah. I think it was called Mortal Kombat: The Special Forces or something (heard it was pretty bad). Still prefer the Sub-zero game myself as far as the MK spinoffs go (screw Shaolin Monks).

Now a Cage spinoff, I'd like to see for myself. laughing out loud Would it be Johnny Cage: The Search for Hollywood Donuts?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 11:31 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I'm sure it would be something comical if he does manage to get his own game, but that's very unlikely.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 07:59 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I was joking there anyway.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 10:46 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I know, but there would have to be a big demand for Cage to get his own game.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 08:41 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well, if he does, I'm sure it'll either be on par with the Sub-zero game, or tons better/more interesting than Shaolin Monks.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 08:48 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Well, it's a guarentee that it'd be loaded with humor. What was wrong with Shaolin Monks?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 09:04 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Eh, it just wasn't my kind of game really (the general gameplay). Probably why I wasn't that fond of Armageddon's Konquest mode either, because it was just like it, except instead of Liu Lame or Kung Lao, you were boring Taven.

The Sub-zero game on the other hand (MK Mythologies) I found much more enjoyable (especially for its time) despite its obvious flaws.
Haven't played the Special Forces game, so I don't have any real opinion on that, though I heard it was awful.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 09:12 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Now that you brought up that Special Forces game, I don't think Cage needs a game any time soon. Then again, doesn't Warner Bros have the license to the Mortal Kombat franchise now?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 09:18 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yep. They haven't done anything with it as yet though. I thought they would've already.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 09:24 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Well, they might be trying to develop a game right now.

It better have Johnny Cage in it...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 09:33 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Or the RAGE will reach out and devour us all...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 10:00 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Well, there might just be a letter of scorn making its way to their mailbox.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 05:55 AM
Joker1237

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASoxIriqJEU

This was pretty funny. Cage vs Kang, and than after that, Cage vs Kano ete.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2010 11:26 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

A Johnny Cage Tribute.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 05:35 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Posted that in the MK9 thread two weeks ago.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 11:49 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

If this was an actual movie, I'd see it.

Johnny Cage in Fight Dirty (as if he doesn't do that already)

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2011 11:28 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

With how lackluster that Chun Li movie was, I can see an actual Johnny Cage movie being at least 10 to 20 times better.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 12:13 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
With how lackluster that Chun Li movie was, I can see an actual Johnny Cage movie being at least 10 to 20 times better.

Would have been (slightly) better if they had not attached anything Street Fighter related into the story. Come on...I mean, Kristen Kreuk as Chun Li? Ming-Na played a decent Chun Li in the last POS Street Fighter, but my personal choice for Chun Li has to be Xiyi Zhang or that one chick who was Michelle Yeoh's daughter in the 3rd Mummy flick.

At least Linden Ashby made a badass Johnny Cage.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 02:12 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

laughing out loud

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2011 05:35 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote