KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Where to buy comics

Where to buy comics
Started by: SpideySuperFan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpideySuperFan

Where to buy comics

I've bought tons of back issue Spider-Man comics from eBay and newkadia com, but I need to fill in my collection.... What's the best of the rest to buy from?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 03:25 AM
SpideySuperFan is currently offline Click here to Send SpideySuperFan a Private Message Find more posts by SpideySuperFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
arcinis
In love with the DJ

Re: Where to buy comics

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SpideySuperFan
I've bought tons of back issue Spider-Man comics from eBay and newkadia com, but I need to fill in my collection.... What's the best of the rest to buy from?

Do you want to collect them or read them?

He truly is the best.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 04:55 AM
arcinis is currently offline Click here to Send arcinis a Private Message Find more posts by arcinis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Depends where you live...if you live in the US then your local comic book store will probably have a load of them, in the UK there aren't so many back issues. When I went to the US I took $300 and $190 of that was spent on buying amazing spider-man back issues that I found in a comic book store called Midtown comics, I basically bought there entire Amazing spider-man back issues.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 10:15 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

If you just want to read them I recommend getting the essential titles the stories are in black and white but its cheap and easy to find. or you could get the complete collection of Stan Lee and Steve ditkos Amazing Spider-man run, which is in full cover and in a very large hard back its about £60 though. Easiest way for me was to just get as many TPB's as I could from "forbidden planet" if your from the UK I'm sure you will have heard of that shop.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 01:12 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I like forbidden planet big grin thats where I got most of my amazing spider-man Graphic novels big grin

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 01:36 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

Originally posted by steverules
I like forbidden planet big grin thats where I got most of my amazing spider-man Graphic novels big grin

Thats where I get all my comics from big grin only problem is I have brought every single Spider-man graphic novel in that shop and it takes so long for them to update there stock sad

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 01:40 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Yeah, when I wanted the Wolverine agent of Shield graphic novel it took ages for them to get it and they kept giving me different dates like...saying it would be out in march, then they said April..but they aren't that bad and they could be worse

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 01:51 PM
Sparkz

oh no they aint bad, only place I can get my comics from, i may have run out of Spider-man, but I still have the rest of the fantastic 4 to get, hulk, Thor Iron man, I spend far to much money in there, I seem to have a bookcase full of comics lol

Oh and I would also recommend getting Astonishing Spider-man, it comes out every 2 weeks and has 3 stories of old and new, i love the collectors titles, they give me easy access to deadpool big grin

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 02:11 PM
steverules
The doctor

I get them too laughing out loud I bought essential x-men issue 1 for like...£16 but it was worth it cause it was a great issue, and essential x-men 7 I bought too because that has wolverine getting his adamantium taken away by magneto in a rather painful way, then issue 8 is the first time we see the bone claws...bit of marvel history right there

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 02:17 PM
Sparkz

Originally posted by steverules
I get them too laughing out loud I bought essential x-men issue 1 for like...£16 but it was worth it cause it was a great issue, and essential x-men 7 I bought too because that has wolverine getting his adamantium taken away by magneto in a rather painful way, then issue 8 is the first time we see the bone claws...bit of marvel history right there

i actualy got given all those issues by one of my sisters old BF's when i was about 11

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 02:35 PM
steverules
The doctor

Your lucky I had to pay for them

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 02:46 PM
Sparkz

Yeah but I have brought the first 50 issues of Astonishing Spider-man just so i had every issue, well ok about 47 and that set me back about £200 or so (over a period of 2 years but still) and marvel heroes reborn I have almost every issue of that.

lol I remember my very first comic I ever got, Astonishing Spider-man 17, where Kaine and Spider-man owns the sinister 7 and the death of Gwen Stacy, got it for 50p big grin I suppose that's why I like the clone saga, it was the first Spidey story I ever read, granted in bits and pieces but still.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 03:12 PM
steverules
The doctor

First comic I ever got was astonishing spider-man 64 which I got at a gas station on my way to a football match lol, I read it like...5 times

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 03:21 PM
Sparkz

Sad thing is I know exactly which issue you mean. I got that when I had my subscription going , I'v read that issue so many times I loved that issue, Shoc was such a great character. I'm actualy re reading all of my Astonishing Spider-man comics gotta say they certainly have changed over the past 10 years or so.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 03:30 PM
steverules
The doctor

Yeah I know...did you know Shoc got killed in Wolverine Agent of Shield, he was working for the hand...I think he had been killed and bought back to life by them

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 03:42 PM
Sparkz

Yes i did notice, I also noticed that he said he didn't have long to live and years later he is still alive and kicking, and they spelt his name wrong. they called him Shock not Shoc. They also changed his colour scheme :s I know while he was holding the portal open to the negative zone his suit change colour but you would have thought it would become blue and black after what 3 years or so, not stay black and white...

i think out of all the issues of Astonishing Spider-man mine has to be when Doc Ock is reserected something about that story I just love, all the characters were spot on and the art had a certain charm. Well that and probaly the Morlun story line but I have that in TPB aswell soooo, oh and when Electro's power was super sized so he could take Spidey and Nate Grey, Ok I love the whole era between just after onslaught was beaten and Norman Osborn finaly being defeated after the gathering of the 5.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 03:56 PM
steverules
The doctor

I liked scarlet spider-man vs Venom when he beats him with impact webbing and stingers

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 04:09 PM
Sparkz

ah yes, just so happens I read that yesterday, what is it about Spider-men, they take venom down with relative ease on their first encounter with him, then after that without a plot device they just can't seem to bring him down.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 04:20 PM
steverules
The doctor

Spidey got beaten by Venom first time when you think about it, he was knocked out then webbed to the bell then spidey beat Venom, Scarlet didn't really lose or win first time but he did get nailed by Venoms claws pretty bad

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 06:15 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

If you just wnat to read them, go on bearshare or some other sharing net, look for CBR format which is the comic book format. You can uncompress the file with winrar or similar app and view the comics with a pic viewer like acdsee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Book_Archive_file

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 08:12 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote