KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » favourite athlete

favourite athlete
Started by: anything_goes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
God Cloth Seiya

Tom Brady
Lebron James

Old Post May 7th, 2014 03:36 PM
God Cloth Seiya is currently offline Click here to Send God Cloth Seiya a Private Message Find more posts by God Cloth Seiya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Deion Sanders ( arguably one of the greatest athletes ever)
Barry Sanders (best RB ever in my opinion)

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 07:32 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boomside

Nick Diaz because he's a badass, weed smoking mother****er from the hood who speaks his mind and does not give a ****.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2014 04:41 PM
Boomside is currently offline Click here to Send Boomside a Private Message Find more posts by Boomside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Kobe Bryant
Mike Tyson
Zinedine Zidane
and a lot others.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 06:08 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

jordan
Roy jones jr
kobe

Old Post Feb 15th, 2015 01:45 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

I don't have just one favorite athlete, and, indeed, I see most people are going with several choices. Right now it strikes me that my tastes vary as my media exposure varies. For instance, when I was younger and sports only viewed on TV when local teams or the Olympics were on, my favorite athletes were either those or the ones I READ about. So for instance for boxers my list would have been:

1. Joe Louis
2. Muhammad Ali
3. George Foreman
4. Larry Holmes
5. Mike Tyson

Now? With exposure coming largely online and what can be gleaned from that, Ali may actually have the top spot, and George Foreman 2nd. I've gotten to know more about Ali and Foreman, though, and am beginning to FORGET what I read about Louis. It's a primacy/decency function of exposure.

That's just boxing. The World Heavyweight champ used to be THE most recognized name in the sporting world, and hence the one that got the most exposure. Now in the age of the Internet, however, it's possible to learn and be exposed to a LOT of different athlete's and people, and thus get a chance to develop a liking for them, too.

For instance, one character my young eyes would never have seen growing up, but who has garnered attention for her participation in the American Gladiators and the WWE ( World Wrestling Entertainment) forums in recent years ...

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 11th, 2017 12:51 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

Tom Brady

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 08:40 PM
GM_Nebaris is currently offline Click here to Send GM_Nebaris a Private Message Find more posts by GM_Nebaris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

and kobe

GM_Nebaris is currently offline Click here to Send GM_Nebaris a Private Message Find more posts by GM_Nebaris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

edit

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Kobe? Eww.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 16th, 2017 02:47 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Kobe? Eww.
Quite a number have actually said Kobe. Why? Because Kobe is our MJ of this generation...or the last...whatever i don't know if it's considered the new generation yet with all the oldies still around kicking ass in several sports.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:40 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Do I even have to say his name?

(please log in to view the image)

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 07:25 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Owen Nolan.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2017 05:21 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olivia900
Restricted

Account Restricted

My favorites athletes all time

1smile Lionel Messi
2smile Cristiano Ronaldo
3smile Muhammad Ali
4smile Michael Jordan
5smile Roger Federer

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 07:14 PM
olivia900 is currently offline Click here to Send olivia900 a Private Message Find more posts by olivia900 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Chipper Jones (Retired Third Baseman/Left Fielder for the Atlanta Braves) Number 10 baby!

Joe Frazier (Heavyweight boxer. 32-4-1)

Tony Boselli (Former offensive tackle for the Jaguars from 1995 - 2001).

Kurt Angel (won a gold medal with a broke freakin' neck!)

Jim Craig, Ken Morrow, Dave Silk, Ramsey...aka the Miracle on Ice Hockey Team from the 1980 Winter Olympics.

Dwight Howard!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 04:13 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2019 03:01 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fedor

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 09:53 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deft

Jordan, Brady and Zidane

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 05:34 AM
deft is currently offline Click here to Send deft a Private Message Find more posts by deft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShoutMan

Usain Bolt the lightning

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 07:38 PM
ShoutMan is currently offline Click here to Send ShoutMan a Private Message Find more posts by ShoutMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote