KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Nihilus vs. Darth Malak

Darth Nihilus vs. Darth Malak
Started by: Violent2Dope

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kamhal

quote:
Malak can easily best Nihilus with a saber, but Nihilus can make Malak die 1000 different ways by using the force lol

Don't forget that Malak killed 2 jedis, in the star forge, basicly using the force, killing one of them with a force choke followed with 1 saber throw and the other with a force choke followed with force lightning. That's impressive too i think, especially since he was not draining power from the star forge yet and he was attacking 2 force users who had penetrated far in the star forge defences.

I think that nihilus takes it if he instantly drains malak, otherwise he would be screwed...

Old Post Nov 1st, 2007 09:21 PM
Click here to Send kamhal a Private Message Find more posts by kamhal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

In order for him to drain malak he would have to cut him off the force

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 06:21 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's one technique. Cutting him off of the Force is what kills them.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 09:49 AM
Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
It's one technique. Cutting him off of the Force is what kills them.
No it doesn't.

Why? Because sidious and ulic's connection got cut from the force yet they didn't die.

The exile after the mandalorian wars got cut off too, yet she didnt die.

So i think its safe to assume he severs your connection, kills you then feed

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 12:10 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamhal

Ok, the point here is this:

-Nihilus with instant kill=nihilus wins
-Nihilus without instant kill=malak owns his ass

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 06:49 PM
Click here to Send kamhal a Private Message Find more posts by kamhal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Theres no "instant kill" kamhal, Have you not read what i posted earlier?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 02:37 AM
kamhal

I have, and i also know that as far as we know nihilus' power was some kind of stronger force drain then the one used by traya in order to kill 3 jedi masters. So, even though we don't know his true nature, it surely seems like an "instant kill" to me.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 12:59 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

No it isnt, seems that you have yet to pay attention to what has been stated about this technique, there is no drain at all.

What he does is basically cuts his victims of the force, kills them and then feeds on the death he has caused, THAT is his so called deadly technique which the exile has

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 05:17 AM
kamhal

quote:
What he does is basically cuts his victims of the force, kills them and then feeds on the death he has caused, THAT is his so called deadly technique which the exile has

The problem is, what kills them then? Because that's an important part of the technique you know...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 04:58 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by kamhal
The problem is, what kills them then? Because that's an important part of the technique you know...
What kills them? Can be anything, technology, lightsabers. Severing ones connection from the force does not kill you,

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 10:49 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Originally posted by Thiru
What kills them? Can be anything, technology, lightsabers. Severing ones connection from the force does not kill you,

How is this an an explanation? And to set things straight. The Exile surviving without the force was an anomaly. Ulic' case was a light side technique that prevented him from sensing the force, he was still connected to the force he hadn't become a wound or a dead spot in the force. And even if he had (never stated) it was never meant to kill him.

As far as Sidious is concerned, he was never disconnected from the force, if you're referring to his abilty to hide right in front of the Jedi. He's mastery of the dark side was so immense that he was capable of affecting the Jedi's ability to feel the force, this coupled by the fact that he was using techniques to reduce his aura in the force, and presto... the perfect force camouflage.

In the SW universe life cannot survive without the force, and Nihilus kills his victims by completely disconnecting them from the force.

Kreia says it categorically, "it is a means of servering one's connection between life and the force and feeding upon the death it CAUSED."

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 11:16 PM
Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Theres no "instant kill" kamhal, Have you not read what i posted earlier?
What you posted is wrong, so it doesn't really matter.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 11:29 PM
Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Allankles
How is this an an explanation? And to set things straight. The Exile surviving without the force was an anomaly. Ulic' case was a light side technique that prevented him from sensing the force, he was still connected to the force he hadn't become a wound or a dead spot in the force. And even if he had (never stated) it was never meant to kill him.

As far as Sidious is concerned, he was never disconnected from the force, if you're referring to his abilty to hide right in front of the Jedi. He's mastery of the dark side was so immense that he was capable of affecting the Jedi's ability to feel the force, this coupled by the fact that he was using techniques to reduce his aura in the force, and presto... the perfect force camouflage.

In the SW universe life cannot survive without the force, and Nihilus kills his victims by completely disconnecting them from the force.

Kreia says it categorically, "it is a means of servering one's connection between life and the force and feeding upon the death it CAUSED."

Sorry to burst your bubble allankles but sidious got completly cut off the force by luke and leia and the only thing which killed him was his own force storm, he later reconnects himself to the force

Oh and jacen does the same thing to ben in LOTF and ben didnt die, so i guess your precious kreia is wrong once again

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:11 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
What you posted is wrong, so it doesn't really matter.
And literally every thing you say/type is 100% wrong

@ Allankles

Vegere uses this on jacen and tholme does it to himself during the clone wars to act like he is dead from vos

Once again your precious kreia is wrong

Last edited by BoratBorat on Nov 6th, 2007 at 05:44 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:41 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

@ Vegere uses this on jacen and tholme does it to himself during the clone wars to act like he is dead from vos

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:43 AM
Advent
Just Leaving

Thiru, since you seem rather stubborn in listening to the opinions of those who don't really have any 'credibility', I'll explain why you're wrong and the nature of Nihilus' power.

so i guess your precious kreia is wrong once again

No, Kreia would actually be correct. Had you been capable of comprehending basic sentences and possessed the ability to reason logically, then perhaps you would've seen that.

There's a difference between merely cutting one's connection to the Force (which blocks the ability to draw upon the Force) - which is what happened to Ulic and Sidious - as opposed to breaking the bond between one's life and the Force. The latter half of which is exactly what Kreia states to describe Nihilus' technique.

As Allankles had said, life cannot live without the Force (even those disconnected from using it via 'normal' powers are still apart of the Force, like a rock or a plant is). The technique(s) we see people like Nomi Sunrider and others perform merely strips the victim of his/her Force sensitivity; thus turning him/her into a non-Force sensitive, no different from Han Solo. It does not sever the tie between life and the Force, which is what Nihilus' ability does (hence why they die).

As well, Nihilus' destruction of "all living things on Katarr" would've also killed all the flora and fauna on the planet (which we see depicted), which supports my point insomuch as fauna and flora would be no different than a sentient non-Force sensitive being (in that they are all still living because the Force is the life within everything).

In essence, because he killed non-Force sensitive living things in the same attack that he killed Force sensitive living beings, it would prove that he does not need to block anyone off from the Force (in the manner you're describing it) in order to kill them (because, as we know, non-Force sensitives cannot access the Force anyways). Thus, it'd be a singular technique (sever their life/force connection, at which point they'd be dead, and then feed) rather than using a certain order of attacks.

Obviously it's not, as he stated what you had written above was incorrect, which it clearly was.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Last edited by Advent on Nov 6th, 2007 at 09:55 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol right. Nihilus doesn't just sever ones connection to the Force, he severs their bond to it, as Advent pointed out. You are just trying to downplay Nihilus cause you hate him. The fact that you said he kills them first with tech or a lightsaber is laughable. It is one technique.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 12:42 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Advent
Thiru, since you seem rather stubborn in listening to the opinions of those who don't really have any 'credibility', I'll explain why you're wrong and the nature of Nihilus' power.

No, Kreia would actually be correct. Had you been capable of comprehending basic sentences and possessed the ability to reason logically, then perhaps you would've seen that.

There's a difference between merely cutting one's connection to the Force (which blocks the ability to draw upon the Force) - which is what happened to Ulic and Sidious - as opposed to breaking the bond between one's life and the Force. The latter half of which is exactly what Kreia states to describe Nihilus' technique.

As Allankles had said, life cannot live without the Force (even those disconnected from using it via 'normal' powers are still apart of the Force, like a rock or a plant is). The technique(s) we see people like Nomi Sunrider and others perform merely strips the victim of his/her Force sensitivity; thus turning him/her into a non-Force sensitive, no different from Han Solo. It does not sever the tie between life and the Force, which is what Nihilus' ability does (hence why they die).

As well, Nihilus' destruction of "all living things on Katarr" would've also killed all the flora and fauna on the planet (which we see depicted), which supports my point insomuch as fauna and flora would be no different than a sentient non-Force sensitive being (in that they are all still living because the Force is the life within everything).

In essence, because he killed non-Force sensitive living things in the same attack that he killed Force sensitive living beings, it would prove that he does not need to block anyone off from the Force (in the manner you're describing it) in order to kill them (because, as we know, non-Force sensitives cannot access the Force anyways). Thus, it'd be a singular technique (sever their life/force connection, at which point they'd be dead, and then feed) rather than using a certain order of attacks.

Obviously it's not, as he stated what you had written above was incorrect, which it clearly was.

Ok i thought they were the same exact technique, how does that fallanasi technique defend against this attack anyway

@Edit

About not being able to comprehend that sentence kreia stated, I have not seen that sentence since the last time i played K2 which was 2 years ago and i did not take allankles seriously hence i was being rude to some one who tried to express the facts. Theres also the fact that i did not believe what allankles said due to him overhyping nihilus alot to a point where he claims sidious and luke would be at a disadvantage if they fought him

Iv already conceded this point

Last edited by BoratBorat on Nov 7th, 2007 at 04:35 AM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 04:26 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

@EDIT

Ignore the upper sentence, what i meant to say was so there are two completely different things as i failed to acknowledge because when ever either of them mention the term "Cut off the force" i would assume its the same case as sidious, ben skywalker or the exile which blocks the ability from using the force.

I DID not know that nihilus nature was different where it completely breaks your bond which is what kills you as you just explained to me.

You are right however in all the points you addressed especially the one where i failed to comprehend what kreia has stated about his nature, but as to why i was being stubborn is because V2k and allankles mentioned the technique in such a way that it sounded like the normal force sever technique.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 04:50 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

You are right however in all the points you addressed especially the one where i failed to comprehend what kreia has stated about his nature, but as to why i was being stubborn is because V2k and allankles mentioned the technique in such a way that it sounded like the normal force sever technique.
First of all...why do you call my V2k? I admit, I should have made the explanation on the technique more clear.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 08:49 PM