KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Raiden/Rayden

Raiden/Rayden
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
123KID
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Um, he didn't become Noob when he entered the Netherrealm in MK Mythologies (which Raiden sent him to get the amulet back from Quan Chi).

i have the game so i know this
that's not what i said

quote:

His transformation into Noob Saibot didn't seem to occur until long after those Netherrealm events.

indeed but i always took it that the whole thing with everyone warning him to change his evil ways and the lasting taitn from his exposure to the realm made him Noob upon his death

quote:
Where did it ever say that?

wasn't it said in the manual ?
i don't have it anymore so i might be wrong

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2007 06:34 AM
123KID is currently offline Click here to Send 123KID a Private Message Find more posts by 123KID Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 123KID
that's not what i said

I know. You said this:

"and thanks to his trip to the Netherrealm he became Noob"

And I was just making my reply to it.

indeed but i always took it that the whole thing with everyone warning him to change his evil ways and the lasting taitn from his exposure to the realm made him Noob upon his death

Ah...
Make sense to me.

Come to think of it, I guess that could be the same way as how Raiden became Dark Raiden (upon his suicide against Onaga).

wasn't it said in the manual ?
i don't have it anymore so i might be wrong

Um, I don't think it said that (although I could be remembering wrong), but I don't have the manual anymore either stick out tongue, so yeah...

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2007 07:36 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Re: Re: Raiden/Rayden

Originally posted by ESB -1138
...............I don't like Rayden. *runs for cover*

*whips out Mr. Big Shotgun and hunts ESB down, cackling manaically.*

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2007 06:58 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Re: Re: Re: Raiden/Rayden

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
*whips out Mr. Big Shotgun and hunts ESB down, cackling manaically.*

Heh...

Well to be honest, I don't like Dark Raiden, at all (whose in Deception and Armageddon). Any part of Raiden that I liked before faded away after his suicide against Onaga. Dark Raiden just took things too far, especially in his Armageddon ending...
Good thing Taven knocked some sense into him. big grin

Edit: Oh, yeah. Raiden's trading card.

Now this is the Raiden I came to know and love as a character.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Dec 23rd, 2007 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2007 10:35 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

no expression

Spoilers obviously.
I'm bored, so I think I'll bump some more threads with endings or somethin'.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 05:38 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Raiden is awesome. Anyone who can incinerate Superman and turn him into a skeleton gets my vote lol.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 08:40 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Raiden is awesome. Anyone who can incinerate Superman and turn him into a skeleton gets my vote lol.

In canon though, Superman's much too durable to get incinerated by Raiden. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 10:09 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

(please log in to view the image)

Once again, the threat to Earthrealm has been vanquished. The Deadly Alliance is no more. What dangers lie in the future, I can no longer foresee. Perhaps the Dragon King will, in fact, return. Perhaps the depths of the Netherealm will spew forth a legion of Oni. Even the Vampire people pose a threat to peace now that Outworld is in chaos. But one thing is certain... Earthrealm must be protected.

I have abandoned my status as Elder God to aid these mortals... an act defiant of the Heavens. I will instead remain here on Earth... as GOD OF THUNDER.

Looking back, that hardly looks like the Dragon King in the first pic, though I know that's Nitara on the far right and 2 Molochs on the far left (I think).

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 02:40 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Makes quick work of Goro.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 03:42 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Makes quick work of Goro.

With a line like 'Let the thunder roll,' my money's on the thunder god.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 07:19 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Rayden's Bio for Mortal Kombat 9.

Wesker, take notes. This is how a real god throws down (yes, that was The Courtyard, revamped for MK9).

Old Post Mar 20th, 2011 12:24 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They should give Mortal Kombat a new ongoing comic series

plenty of other games have these days.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2011 12:42 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I'm sure they will eventually. The Malibu comics and such that MK had back in the day lived a long run.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2011 11:40 PM
optic_blast!!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

No. Raiden's the most powerful next to Shinnok, Onaga, and Taven. Scorpion and Liu, although very skilled fighters, are not in the same league as those deities.

------

you dont know much do you? first of all shinok is nothing he only worth something with the amulet without that amulet and the way he is always he got his ass kicked by freakin johny cage in deadly alliance bio and in deception you see him ask taven to protect him he was defeated by Li Mei he was defeated and asked for help to defend him thats sad

and Lol at raiden being in the same class as onaga since raiden even with the combined power of shang tsung and quan chi (which are more powerful than raiden combined) could not do anything to even hurt onaga

taven defeated raiden in a fight

shujinku defeated raiden in a fight

raiden is not in the top class at all what did he ever do to be considered in the top class? liu kang defeated most of the fighters he deserves to be there but raiden? just because he is suppose to be a god? raidens match is shinok as we see in there fights they are both no where near the top tear

and as we know in the upcoming mortal kombat raiden got defeated by shao kahn who got owned completely by liu kang smile

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 10:21 AM
optic_blast!!! is currently offline Click here to Send optic_blast!!! a Private Message Find more posts by optic_blast!!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
optic_blast!!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Only when Scorpion's abilities are enhanced by the Elder Gods (which only occurred in Deception). Without that, he's no match for the Dragon King.

Not really.

The Deadly Alliance alone was enough to kill Liu Kang as a regular human (in the Deadly Alliance intro). Against Onaga on the other hand (in Deception's intro), plus Raiden being with them, they were not enough to kill him, so by that, Onaga>>>>>>Liu Kang. stick out tongue

wacko

O RLY?

Taven's half-God though.

A ninja specture is > a Thunder God & protector of Earth-realm? I think not.

Only when Liu gains the powers of Blaze's god-like energy upon defeating him.

Otherwise, Raiden>Liu Kang.

That doesn't make make Liu "> Shinnok", though.

The only reason he beat him in MK4 was because Quan Chi didn't give Shinnok the real amulet (but a copy of it, that didn't have all the original's powers), which made Shinnok not as powerful as he should've been, giving Liu the opportunity to win.

If Shinnok had the real amulet, he would've obliterated Liu Kang, just like he would have with Raiden and all others that stood in his way.

Was there even a reason for him to be able to do that? >_> It was probably just a gameplay mechanic given to Liu so that he wouldn't suck against Onaga, and so that the amatuer players could use Lui as a "handicap" against the Dragon King or somethin'.

Since there wasn't any explanation as to why Liu was able to deal double damage against Onaga, so I'm just gonna disregard that.
Besides, he couldn't do that against him in Armageddon (if I'm remembering correctly), only Deception.

Well if Raiden could beat Liu, then so could Taven. Taven owned Raiden in Armageddon's Konquest mode after all.

The other dragons (Onaga, Orin, and Caro) could probably take him. Liu Kang's dragon form might be able to "eat" any humanoid-shaped characters, but that doesn't necessarily mean he could do the same to other dragons.

you talk way too much out of your ass without any proof

you say that raiden owns liu kang based on what? the way i see it raiden is always hiding behind liu, liu kang defeated all the major players like shao kahn goro and shinok what did raiden ever do? as we know in the upcoming mortal kombat raiden gets destroyed by shao kahn which proves us that liu kang > shao kahn > raiden

so you tell me that raiden is > scorpion just because he is a god?

taven > liu kang just because he is a god?

please face palm yourself because theres so many bullshit in your posts

anyway the way i see it liu kang is equel to taven and they both are above raiden

and again Lol at you for thinking that shinnok should be considered with the amulet its like scorpion recieving powers from the elder gods its just a plot device shinnoks real powers are a joke

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 10:37 AM
optic_blast!!! is currently offline Click here to Send optic_blast!!! a Private Message Find more posts by optic_blast!!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by optic_blast!!!
you dont know much do you? first of all shinok is nothing he only worth something with the amulet without that amulet and the way he is always he got his ass kicked by freakin johny cage in deadly alliance bio and in deception you see him ask taven to protect him he was defeated by Li Mei he was defeated and asked for help to defend him thats sad

If you knew so much more about MK than me like you think you do, then you'd know that the Li Mei, Sheeva, Kintaro, etc. that Taven fought in the Netherrealm were just illusions created by Shinnok, as a means of testing the half-god's strength.

raiden is not in the top class at all what did he ever do to be considered in the top class? liu kang defeated most of the fighters he deserves to be there but raiden? just because he is suppose to be a god? raidens match is shinok as we see in there fights they are both no where near the top tear

and as we know in the upcoming mortal kombat raiden got defeated by shao kahn who got owned completely by liu kang smile

The fact that he's immortal, has helped protect Earthrealm himself on plenty occasion (or was one of the major factors in its protection), was the one who recruited Liu and the rest of the forces of light in the first place, protected their souls from Shao Kahn prior to MK3, etc. He was even the one who reanimated Liu's corpse after he was killed in Deadly Alliance, and if it wasn't for him sending a message to himself in the past, reality itself would be screwed. He's the reason the past even has a chance to change itself.

Because the forces of darkness apparently won Armageddon, it's rather clear that Kahn was much stronger when he crushed Raiden there than he was at the time he lost to Liu, so your point is moot.

so you tell me that raiden is > scorpion just because he is a god?

As you yourself bluntly put it, Scorpion almost always gets his ass kicked, so why wouldn't Raiden be > him?

taven > liu kang just because he is a god?

It's more based on the fact Taven was shown capable of beating everyone Liu has, and more.

anyway the way i see it liu kang is equel to taven and they both are above raiden

And you accuse me of talking out of my ass? laughing Zombie or not, Liu's got nothing on Taven. Not because he's god of half-god, but because he has strength and abilities Liu can't even fathom, like being able to freeze time for one. Shujinko is also above Liu, as he was trained by Liu himself, and many other warriors.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 05:01 PM
optic_blast!!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you knew so much more about MK than me like you think you do, then you'd know that the Li Mei, Sheeva, Kintaro, etc. that Taven fought in the Netherrealm were just illusions created by Shinnok, as a means of testing the half-god's strength.

The fact that he's immortal, has helped protect Earthrealm himself on plenty occasion (or was one of the major factors in its protection), was the one who recruited Liu and the rest of the forces of light in the first place, protected their souls from Shao Kahn prior to MK3, etc. He was even the one who reanimated Liu's corpse after he was killed in Deadly Alliance, and if it wasn't for him sending a message to himself in the past, reality itself would be screwed. He's the reason the past even has a chance to change itself.

Because the forces of darkness apparently won Armageddon, it's rather clear that Kahn was much stronger when he crushed Raiden there than he was at the time he lost to Liu, so your point is moot.

As you yourself bluntly put it, Scorpion almost always gets his ass kicked, so why wouldn't Raiden be > him?

It's more based on the fact Taven was shown capable of beating everyone Liu has, and more.

And you accuse me of talking out of my ass? laughing Zombie or not, Liu's got nothing on Taven. Not because he's god of half-god, but because he has strength and abilities Liu can't even fathom, like being able to freeze time for one. Shujinko is also above Liu, as he was trained by Liu himself, and many other warriors.

it still doesnt change the fact shinnok got his ass handed to him by johny cage and ran away from him back in that island thats sad, shinnok never did anything to show some kind of power got owned by liu kang got owned by johny cage he is nothing special at all the only time he was portrayed as mighty being is with the amulet and the amulet is a plot device its not his own powers so once again you fail

how the hell the fact he combined them and has a thunder god title and bla bla bla makes him good fighter? protecting there souls shows you he control mgic hell ermac could do the same probably or shang tsung who got his ass kicked by liu kang.. look at shao kahn he got all those powers all those titles he is the ruler of the darkness and yet he was defeated by liu kang so all those titles worth nothing and are invalid to the point he suck at fighting compared to liu kang taven and the heavy guns

Lol what? again you are making things out of nothing, prove that when the light wins raiden becomes stronger and when the dark wins shao kahn becomes stronger, those are things you are just making out of your own mind you are a lier because it never worked that way , shao kahn and raiden had a final face off and shao kahn won you are making things out of nothing claiming he is now stronger you cant prove that its only your fanboy claims which have no weight at all again you fail

just because scorpion gets his ass kicked doesnt mean he cant kick the ass of another person who gets his ass kicked AKA raiden

so just because taven beat everybody who liu kang beat and beat some people that never fought liu kang means he is better? thats a big fail , if taven would defeat someone who defeated liu kang then you would have some point but saying he beat the people liu kang beat makes him better? again its a big fail which based on nothing like your entire so called argument

as i stated again liu kang defeated before people with a lot of fancy powers shang tsung shao kahn shinnok they all control many things magic and whats not and look how well it did for them again liu kang... as i said liu kang and taven in my book are equel saying i am wrong because taven is half god is just a joke since raiden is all god and getting kicked around gods in mortal kombat dont weight much

Old Post Mar 31st, 2011 09:06 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Had to go somewhere for awhile, but I'm back now, so don't think I forgot about these other threads. Now, onto business.

it still doesnt change the fact shinnok got his ass handed to him by johny cage and ran away from him back in that island thats sad, shinnok never did anything to show some kind of power got owned by liu kang got owned by johny cage he is nothing special at all the only time he was portrayed as mighty being is with the amulet and the amulet is a plot device its not his own powers so once again you fail

I take it you didn't know that Shinnok in Armageddon had a clone? The clone was the one that was shown fighting in the Armageddon intro, while the real Shinnok remained in the Netherrealm. The Shinnok that Cage chased off could have very well been the said clone as well.

Even without the amulet, the real Shinnok can still hold his own rather well, as demonstrated by the fact he defeated Lucifer and became ruler of Netherrealm/hell, and can transform into an immense demon with incredible strength. All the amulet does for him is enhance his already formidable powers of mimicry, makes him fully immortal, and allows him to travel to other realms/dimensions as well. He's still a beast without it. If Johnny Cage actually gave him a run for his money, then well, that just goes to show that he can be skilled like Liu when given the opportunity.

Lol what? again you are making things out of nothing, prove that when the light wins raiden becomes stronger and when the dark wins shao kahn becomes stronger, those are things you are just making out of your own mind you are a lier because it never worked that way , shao kahn and raiden had a final face off and shao kahn won you are making things out of nothing claiming he is now stronger you cant prove that its only your fanboy claims which have no weight at all again you fail

How am I making things out of nothing? If Raiden sent a message to himself in the past upon being defeated in an attempt to change the future, then it's obvious that the forces of darkness won Armageddon and became stronger through the defeat of Blaze.

just because scorpion gets his ass kicked doesnt mean he cant kick the ass of another person who gets his ass kicked AKA raiden

Fair enough.

so just because taven beat everybody who liu kang beat and beat some people that never fought liu kang means he is better? thats a big fail , if taven would defeat someone who defeated liu kang then you would have some point but saying he beat the people liu kang beat makes him better? again its a big fail which based on nothing like your entire so called argument

Considering Taven has basically more, better feats than Liu under his belt, yeah. It does pretty much make him better all around. He also has better powers, with his ability of influence over time and space. Liu may have fought sorcerers, a powerful emperor/conquerer, and a weakened Elder God, but he hasn't faced someone who can do things like freeze time, like Taven, one of the most powerful characters to appear in the franchise.

as i said liu kang and taven in my book are equel saying i am wrong because taven is half god is just a joke since raiden is all god and getting kicked around gods in mortal kombat dont weight much

Twisting my words around to suit you... Where have I seen this before? At any rate, I didn't say it was because of Taven's title/status that made him better than Liu, but his feats and abilities.

You're right though in saying that being a god in MK doesn't weigh much, aside from being eternal or having some form of immortality. It's also inconsistent rather, because Taven, whose only half god, exceeds the power of Earthrealm's gods, who are full gods.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2011 09:47 PM
optic_blast!!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Had to go somewhere for awhile, but I'm back now, so don't think I forgot about these other threads. Now, onto business.

I take it you didn't know that Shinnok in Armageddon had a clone? The clone was the one that was shown fighting in the Armageddon intro, while the real Shinnok remained in the Netherrealm. The Shinnok that Cage chased off could have very well been the said clone as well.

Even without the amulet, the real Shinnok can still hold his own rather well, as demonstrated by the fact he defeated Lucifer and became ruler of Netherrealm/hell, and can transform into an immense demon with incredible strength. All the amulet does for him is enhance his already formidable powers of mimicry, makes him fully immortal, and allows him to travel to other realms/dimensions as well. He's still a beast without it. If Johnny Cage actually gave him a run for his money, then well, that just goes to show that he can be skilled like Liu when given the opportunity.

How am I making things out of nothing? If Raiden sent a message to himself in the past upon being defeated in an attempt to change the future, then it's obvious that the forces of darkness won Armageddon and became stronger through the defeat of Blaze.

Fair enough.

Considering Taven has basically more, better feats than Liu under his belt, yeah. It does pretty much make him better all around. He also has better powers, with his ability of influence over time and space. Liu may have fought sorcerers, a powerful emperor/conquerer, and a weakened Elder God, but he hasn't faced someone who can do things like freeze time, like Taven, one of the most powerful characters to appear in the franchise.

Twisting my words around to suit you... Where have I seen this before? At any rate, I didn't say it was because of Taven's title/status that made him better than Liu, but his feats and abilities.

You're right though in saying that being a god in MK doesn't weigh much, aside from being eternal or having some form of immortality. It's also inconsistent rather, because Taven, whose only half god, exceeds the power of Earthrealm's gods, who are full gods.

a clown is a replicate of the real thing which means if he defeated a clone of shinnok he could defeat the real shinnok it doesnt matter as you see in the intro fight the clone when fighting raiden had all the powers shinnok has so even if it was a clone its still valid that johny cage defeated the real guy

defeating lucifer is not a feat since in the MK universe lucifer is nothing it was stated that lucifer was scared of the power scorpion had in the netherealm and we all saw how great scorpion is when he got beat up by 2 nobodies that later got destroyed by cyrex so it proves nothing

as i said there is no avidance to prove shinnok worth something for all that we know he got tooled by johnu cage and liu kang , how is johny cage beating up shinnok proves he can be as skilled as liu kang? face palm yourself for that one i got tired of face palming your ignorance

again you speculate things all it proves is that raiden got defeated by shao kahn and he sent himself a message ion the part to worn himself that he lost other than than everything you said is baseless speculations

again taven didnt prove hje can beat liu kang simply because we never saw what are liu kangs limits, liu kang is undefeated and so was taven speculationg things like taven wins because of couple powers wont change anything since liu kang fought people with many powers before and defeated them

yep i agree mortal kombat gods suck they lose to ordenery mortals whats the point i dont get it

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 10:55 AM