KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » TF DvD Release Date Pinned for Oct.16th

TF DvD Release Date Pinned for Oct.16th
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

TF DvD Release Date Pinned for Oct.16th

Was browsing around Amazon.com when I came across this wonder.

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...8260&sr=8-1

Seems pricey as opposed to what you can get at Wal-Mart or Target, but it's finally coming out.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 05:32 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

the studios are really squeezing the dollar out of this franchise. and i'm glad they are because i'd be the first one in line being squeezed out of my dollar...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 06:30 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Yeah, the special collectors edition better be worth it, however let's hope that the bonus features aren't lame.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 04:45 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

What of Region 2 ?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 08:44 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by grey fox
What of Region 2 ?

I think that was scheduled to be released either a week earlier or later. I'll look into it for you.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2007 11:25 PM
zbucsz
Pimp

piff i had it on bootleg 3 days after the movie was out

Old Post Sep 29th, 2007 06:55 PM
zbucsz is currently offline Click here to Send zbucsz a Private Message Find more posts by zbucsz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

So did I, but I'm still gettin' a legal copy of it.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 04:24 PM
bob_fm

Can't wait till next Tuesday

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 10:48 PM
bob_fm is currently offline Click here to Send bob_fm a Private Message Find more posts by bob_fm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Can't wait to buy my copy.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 11:10 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Huma

Any news on what the special features are going to be on the Special Edition? I want it but don't wanna waste my money on lame special features.

In the face of lantern light, Tonight my destiny lies.
This day so hallowed, from here to forever its will I will follow.
Tonight will come to life.
Deadened branches stirred by the whispers in the wind.
Fall Children fill the streets at dusk, at last, it all will begin...

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 12:12 AM
Huma is currently offline Click here to Send Huma a Private Message Find more posts by Huma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

I STILL want to know when Region 2 one is coming out....

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 05:28 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Doesn't really have any special stuff, you know the directors cut is going to come out in like a week though...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 04:52 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Menetnashté
Doesn't really have any special stuff, you know the directors cut is going to come out in like a week though...

Really? Proof?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 08:10 AM
Scythe
The Goat

So I purchased the Wal-Mart exclusive dvd which comes bundled with a twenty minute dvd called 'The Beginning" and lemme tell you. It was the same price as the regular edition, which is about $19.00 down here, but it wasn't really worth it. It's pretty much the prologue comic, animated with 'moving comic scans'. It's narrated by an annoying sounding Bumblebee and althought it does host Cullen and Welker as their TF counterparts, it wasn't enough to say "I totally have to have this!" Starscream's voice in the prologue film also sounds abit better then the one in the feature film. Still not worth the freebie.

I also purchased the two-disc speical edition. The front cover design is rather stunning, with a close up of Optimus' face, the two discs give host to the actual movie on disc one, and the second disc just has bonus features. It's alot of watching, but I feel as of an 'in-depth' look wasn't really achieved. I did enjoy it however. Also, the two-disc set for some odd reason, is five bucks more... Lame...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 10:46 PM
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Scythe
So I purchased the Wal-Mart exclusive dvd which comes bundled with a twenty minute dvd called 'The Beginning" and lemme tell you. It was the same price as the regular edition, which is about $19.00 down here, but it wasn't really worth it. It's pretty much the prologue comic, animated with 'moving comic scans'. It's narrated by an annoying sounding Bumblebee and althought it does host Cullen and Welker as their TF counterparts, it wasn't enough to say "I totally have to have this!" Starscream's voice in the prologue film also sounds abit better then the one in the feature film. Still not worth the freebie.

I also purchased the two-disc speical edition. The front cover design is rather stunning, with a close up of Optimus' face, the two discs give host to the actual movie on disc one, and the second disc just has bonus features. It's alot of watching, but I feel as of an 'in-depth' look wasn't really achieved. I did enjoy it however. Also, the two-disc set for some odd reason, is five bucks more... Lame...

I didn't even see it was there, (special edition) what all does it have on it. And I agree about the prologue I stopped watching it after a little while it blew.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 03:33 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Menetnashté
I didn't even see it was there, (special edition) what all does it have on it. And I agree about the prologue I stopped watching it after a little while it blew.

Making of featurette. Inside look on the Autobots of the film, and interviews. Nothing too fancy.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 04:24 AM
super pr*xy

i got one from target. the dvd case transformed into optimus. pretty cool. got it for $22.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 12:17 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Yeah, the case is really nice.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 02:08 AM
Huma

I agree about the Target editon one, very neat case. I ended up picking that up. Im poppin' the special features into the dvd player now. With as big as the movie was, I was hoping for something alittle more then just 3 featurettes. Oh well, I'll buy it again in a year or two when the next one comes out, which will most likely have more features.

Also, for anyone that hasn't noticed, watch the movie to the very end and it has a few more things included. Ironman trailer and some other stuff I haven't looked at yet =)

In the face of lantern light, Tonight my destiny lies.
This day so hallowed, from here to forever its will I will follow.
Tonight will come to life.
Deadened branches stirred by the whispers in the wind.
Fall Children fill the streets at dusk, at last, it all will begin...

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 06:48 AM
Huma is currently offline Click here to Send Huma a Private Message Find more posts by Huma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

When is the Directors Cut coming out?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 08:27 PM