KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Concerts you are Attending..(or have attended recently)

Concerts you are Attending..(or have attended recently)
Started by: Pezmerga

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wicker_man
Why do they suck, 'cos they'd rather let their music do the talking? That's the only reason anyone would criticize 'em (in my eyes), musically they are as Alpha Centauri said one of the best live bands around.

Just because they are basically "one of the best live bands around" does not mean they are good live. My boyfriend likes Mastodon (and I don't) but even he agrees that they sound shit live. They just do not put on a good show/sound live. It sounds like crap.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 06:03 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rain Dog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vampire Weekend in a tiny venue in January. I'm not a big fan of theirs, but tickets were only 7 quid, so thought I'd go for it.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 07:23 PM
Rain Dog is currently offline Click here to Send Rain Dog a Private Message Find more posts by Rain Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Just because they are basically "one of the best live bands around" does not mean they are good live. My boyfriend likes Mastodon (and I don't) but even he agrees that they sound shit live. They just do not put on a good show/sound live. It sounds like crap.

In exactly how do they sound crap? I've seen 'em before and they are fantastic live. I don't expect fancy stage productions a la Maiden or Kiss what I do expect is good old fashioned Progressive metal, and that's what I get.
I'd be intrested to know what your boyfriend means by them sounding crap live.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 08:29 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

In exactly how do they sound crap? I've seen 'em before and they are fantastic live. I don't expect fancy stage productions a la Maiden or Kiss what I do expect is good old fashioned Progressive metal, and that's what I get.
I'd be intrested to know what your boyfriend means by them sounding crap live.

To each their own I guess.
I just meant that they can't perform well whatsoever in all aspects. Their vocals are poop live as well as the instrumentation. I had to see them back at Mayhem Tour in 2008 and they were the worst band there imo. (I wasn't about to lose my seat though so I just stuck through it).

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 08:35 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

I just meant that they can't perform well whatsoever in all aspects. Their vocals are poop live as well as the instrumentation. I had to see them back at Mayhem Tour in 2008 and they were the worst band there imo. (I wasn't about to lose my seat though so I just stuck through it).

I can't believe you thought Mastodon were worse than Five Finger Death Punch and the entire Hot Topic Stage. For music technicallity Mastodon were the best band on the bill. Unless your the headliner(s) you don't get to 'tinker' round with your sound settings so alot of the time you can't get or indeed give the best experience in such settings.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 08:44 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Factually speaking, whether you like the sound of their instruments or not, they perform extremely well live.

They're a very tight group of accurate musicians when it comes to playing their instruments.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Dec 28th, 2009 11:11 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

I can't believe you thought Mastodon were worse than Five Finger Death Punch and the entire Hot Topic Stage. For music technicallity Mastodon were the best band on the bill. Unless your the headliner(s) you don't get to 'tinker' round with your sound settings so alot of the time you can't get or indeed give the best experience in such settings.

Dude I was in the hospital wing during FFDP's performance so I don't know, lol. I caught about 3 minutes of them and then went to sit at main stage to wait for the main performances (Mastodon were first up, DragonForce, etc.)

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 03:10 PM
wicker_man
V.2

Romeo Must Die + Supports - This Friday.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2010 06:03 PM
Kelly_Bean

The Megadeth concert has been postponed until Summer...
no expression

Old Post Jan 19th, 2010 06:58 PM
MrFuller

The Megadeth concert has been postponed until Summer...
no expression

Yeah, blah. I was all excited about Megadeth/Slayer/Machine Head. Then it was postponed and Testament replaced Machine Head... but this was still very cool. Now, ugh, it's postponed again and I don't know what's happening. Sucks.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 07:49 PM
MrFuller is currently offline Click here to Send MrFuller a Private Message Find more posts by MrFuller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rain Dog
Restricted

Account Restricted

This year: Vampire Weekend, Iggy and the Stooges, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Pavement, MF Doom, Mos Def, Spoon, Broken Social Scene.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 08:49 PM
Rain Dog is currently offline Click here to Send Rain Dog a Private Message Find more posts by Rain Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Owl City and LIGHTS

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 12:02 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by MrFuller
Yeah, blah. I was all excited about Megadeth/Slayer/Machine Head. Then it was postponed and Testament replaced Machine Head... but this was still very cool. Now, ugh, it's postponed again and I don't know what's happening. Sucks.

Tom Araya of Slayer is getting back surgery after an injury. That's why it's postponed.

And it may even be cancelled somewhere down the line.
I need to f*cking know so I know whether to get my money back or not. Dave Mustaine needs to speak up or something.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 05:46 PM
Blinky
Android First Class

Went to see three local bands last noche, one of which was good. The final act was three very silly-ass clowns with v-drums and 2 moogs hooked up to looping pedals and sound samplers. It was amusing watching people dance to their shitty electro-trash dance music -- for about 5 minutes -- then I left.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Last edited by Blinky on Mar 7th, 2010 at 03:52 AM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 03:50 AM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Going to see Muse (for the second time) and Jonsi (from Sigur Ros) next month. Pretty excited.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 08:08 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

the best concert i've seen for ages is linken park live in london.

very good

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 04:32 PM
avatar of agony is currently offline Click here to Send avatar of agony a Private Message Find more posts by avatar of agony Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

I'm going to Mayhem in late July. The line up for this years Mayhem is.... x 1,000.

I'm waiting to see what tour dates Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper add for their Gruesome Twosome tour as well.

And sometime in the next few years I'm hoping to see Rammstein. They're touring for 3 years with the latest release of their album in late 2009.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 06:32 PM
Bardock42

Going to see The Magnetic Fields in Frankfurt end of this month.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 08:37 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Mastodon next weekend!

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 09:28 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Raven

I just saw the RX Bandits at Harper's Ferry in Boston a couple weeks ago...

Epic show. Zechs Marquise opened for them both nights, great band too.

Old Post May 6th, 2010 03:37 AM
King Raven is currently offline Click here to Send King Raven a Private Message Find more posts by King Raven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote