KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect

Mass Effect
Started by: Bardiel13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack Fair
Fanboy

If I remember correctly Quarians wear those suits because their body defenses are low due to living in ships for centuries. So yeah she'd probably die. I liked Tali as well.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 04:44 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I'm sure nobody wants to do it with a corpse.

There are some sick people out there, Nemesis...

Originally posted by Zack Fair
If I remember correctly Quarians wear those suits because their body defenses are low due to living in ships for centuries. So yeah she'd probably die. I liked Tali as well.

Yup, since they live in a 100% controled environment (right down to how often they can mate) the Quarian's biological defences are extrodinarily weak. And yet they probably have the greatest sense of socialal loyalty I have ever read about (Mass effect: Ascention)

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Nov 14th, 2008 at 02:41 AM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 02:37 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Quarians probably look like humans but with three fingers and weird shaped toes. Kinda raises the question why you can't have a romantic subplot with her. Probably the answer is that if they don't wear those suits, they'll die and I'm sure nobody wants to do it with a corpse.
Well, YOU might not...Consider the desires of me and my fellow necrophiliacs.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 02:41 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I just found out that there's going to be a Mass Effect movie. This is horrible. How are they gonna make a movie based on a game where you can choose different paths for your character? Ain't right.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 03:37 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rubber Soul
Sex Slave

I just found out that there's going to be a Mass Effect movie. This is horrible. How are they gonna make a movie based on a game where you can choose different paths for your character? Ain't right.

Where did you hear that?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 03:41 AM
Rubber Soul is currently offline Click here to Send Rubber Soul a Private Message Find more posts by Rubber Soul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Rubber Soul
Where did you hear that?

Wikipedia

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 03:48 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The decisions you made were not very impactful. I can only remember two situations that forced you to make important decisions and the outcomes lead to one person dying over another and saving a ship full of people or not. these types of interactive stories have been apart of video games for a very long time. Granted, Mass Effect did offer personal development based on decisions but the changes were only acknowledged in occasional dialogue or at the end of the game. I think it would be very easy to make Mass Effect into a movie. It has a cinematic story. Whether or not it should be made is something else though.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 04:18 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

i highly doubt its gonna be a movie. any effort on mass effect is going straight into the games and books for now

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 04:20 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ive heard movie too...

"The wait is over."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 03:40 PM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Here's the source for the movie info: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_bl...pic_id=26598947

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 03:47 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I think it'd be pretty good. Do it the same way the books are done (Which is to not talk too much about the events of the games) and it would be an exelent movie, which could tie into the story of the games well.

Now if they did a movie based on the story of the game... It'd be aweful.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 03:58 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Even great video game stories rarely transition well to movies. Anyone familiar with both mediums will tell you the exact same thing.

Wikipedia

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 05:33 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by DigiMark007

Dude, shut it. Wikipedia mostly tells the truth about things.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 07:06 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Even great video game stories rarely transition well to movies. Anyone familiar with both mediums will tell you the exact same thing.

True, if you try to translate the story that is in the game, it would fail. It'd have to be a side-story... an EU thing if you will.

Though on a whole wikipedia is essentially true, you should still refrence things like this.

Here is it being talked about on Gamespot: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_bl...adlines;title;5

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Dec 7th, 2008 at 09:40 PM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 09:33 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh god this better not be directed by that tim story or worse .... uwe boll or i am going to cut my own penis off and put it up my arse.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 04:24 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Schwarzenegger
oh god this better not be directed by that tim story or worse .... uwe boll or i am going to cut my own penis off and put it up my arse.

Dude, get out if you're gonna be disgusting.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 04:31 AM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow, at first I thought you were just a fanboy, but now I realize your an idiot too. confused

"The wait is over."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 04:31 AM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

cosign below:

Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
Though on a whole wikipedia is essentially true, you should still refrence things like this.

Here is it being talked about on Gamespot: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_bl...adlines;title;5

It's not that wiki's bad, it's just that people can and have been misled about this stuff before. Various closed threads in this forum that make "announcements" based off of wiki articles are testament to this, as Peach could easily attest. Pop culture wiki sites (movies, news, video games, tv, etc.) are the most susceptible to suspect information.

Generally a corroborating source is advisable.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 04:48 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Nactous
Wow, at first I thought you were just a fanboy, but now I realize your an idiot too. confused

**** you trash heap.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 04:54 AM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

**** you trash heap.

laughing laughing laughing laughing

"The wait is over."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 04:57 AM