KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect

Mass Effect
Started by: Bardiel13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 31 32 [33]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Yeah phenomenal trilogy. Man do I miss it. I'll have to go back and replay it all sometime.

Just skip Andromeda once you finish. It really did not deliver.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 12:14 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Yeah phenomenal trilogy. Man do I miss it. I'll have to go back and replay it all sometime.

Just skip Andromeda once you finish. It really did not deliver.

So I've heard Andromeda was a big disappointment.

Have you played any of the 3 games' DLC, Arach? Dragon Age: Origins DLC was well worth shelling out the cash, and I'm wondering if Mass Effect is worth it as well.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 01:18 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I've played all the DLC for ME2 and 3, though I cant speak on 1. It's been a long time but I remember all the story DLC being better than most of the in game content. I've never once regretted it, and in some instances it will give you a badass new squadmate. IMO Mass Effect DLC is definitely worth it.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 02:02 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I pretty much got every expansion for all three Mass Effects besides the Pinnacle Station for the first one. Looks kinda boring.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 02:36 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's... Okay. You get a nice apartment from it, but that's about it.

Played all of the story dlc from the trilogy myself. Some of it is excellent.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 02:48 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by John Murdoch
So I've heard Andromeda was a big disappointment.

Have you played any of the 3 games' DLC, Arach? Dragon Age: Origins DLC was well worth shelling out the cash, and I'm wondering if Mass Effect is worth it as well.

I think Andromeda is worth playing. It has excellent combat and I liked some of the characters. It's pretty cheap now so if you're craving more mass effect when you're done with the trilogy I think it's worth a try.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 10:00 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Alright, got some of my good questions answered:

1. Sounds like most the DLC is well worth the price of admission, much like Dragon Age's. If any of it is near the same level of Dragon Age: Awakening (granted, a stand-alone continuation of Origins and not DLC, but still), count me in.

2. Might give Andromeda a go depending on how I'm feeling after finishing up 3.

Good to hear all around guys, thank you.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 04:35 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Every scrap of DLC from ME1 and ME2 is awesome. Some fall kinda short like Firewalker in w but its all pretty great.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 05:32 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Skipped Andromeda myself. Don't think I got much of anything for ME1, I was all in on 2 and 3 for things like Shadow Broker, Kusami memories and other big names.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 10:34 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I think all the DLC for ME2 and ME3 are worth it. If you're going to skip one, probably should be the Omega DLC from ME3, but even that I think is pretty enjoyable.

The two must buys are Lair of the Shadow Broker for ME2 and Citadel for ME3. They're both outstanding.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Have them both. thumb up

Almost skipped Citadel because even on sale, it's pretty pricey, but sounds like a better ending then what's waiting post game.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 08:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah, Citadel is 100% worth the price tag. I paid I think $15 for it and felt totally satisfied with the purchase. Enjoyed it more than a lot of full priced games, and it's got a decent length, think I got about 7 hours out of it, and it's a beautiful and near perfect send-off to the trilogy and the characters.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 06:24 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, Citadel is easily the "if you only buy one piece of ME3 dlc" winner. And I've played all of the story ones.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 12:37 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

In the files, "Citadel: 2 of 2".

Is something missing?

Looks like I didn't buy Andromeda, but did get Overlord, which I was iffy about.

Plus Stolen Memories, Shadow Broker, a few item packs (Probably all free), the vehicle one from 2..

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 10:10 PM