KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect

Mass Effect
Started by: Bardiel13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

One's actions will have a "Mass Effect" on the way the game plays out.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 06:11 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

According to the 1up show, Mass Effect was around 15-20 hours long.

Is thier any truth in that?

And I'm talking overall story without side quests. Also, they loved the game but a few of them thought the side quests kinda of sucked.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 08:06 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
According to the 1up show, Mass Effect was around 15-20 hours long.

Is thier any truth in that?

And I'm talking overall story without side quests. Also, they loved the game but a few of them thought the side quests kinda of sucked.

15-20 hours. Thats not to bad, As long as the side quest options are broader than KOTOR or Oblivion

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 12:49 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Kinda buggers up some of the earlier hype if true though.

The game title comes from an in-game phenomenon.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 01:43 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
15-20 hours. Thats not to bad, As long as the side quest options are broader than KOTOR or Oblivion

I havent done any sidequests yet, I have had an opening for one, it was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: bringing a guys dead wife to him so she could be cremated.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 01:45 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by Ushgarak
The game title comes from an in-game phenomenon.

And do you happen to know what that phenomenon is?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 04:13 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, I heard it was to do with all the powers in-game. You know, 'cos they cannot use the Force any more.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 04:59 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

This game is about as Star Wars as you can be without actually being Star Wars. lol

Its much more like Kotor than Jade Empire.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 05:13 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 05:41 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Indeed it is: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/930279.asp

For some reason GameRankings didn't hav ethe GameTrailers review on their list, anyway here it is: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27704.html

"Too many sidequests", one of the best things I have heard in a while.

Last edited by Morridini on Nov 19th, 2007 at 07:29 PM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 07:16 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

On the title meaning, all of your are wrong. As unclimactically as it sounds, Mass Effect is simply named after the Mass Effect Field technology that was discovered on Mars or something, which rocketted Humankind into the space age.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 09:37 PM
Bardiel13 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardiel13 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardiel13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Err, no, I am right, actually, seeing as I was working from a quote from the project manager.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 09:40 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

The opening of the game says what Mass Effect is, I forget what it says, but you can see it on IGN in the video of the opening scene.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 09:44 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Ushy is correct: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152811

And wikipedia was kind enough to sort out the important info from all that text for me:

"Inside the game universe, mass effect is a newly discovered (for humans anyway) physics phenomenon that has properties along the lines of other physics forces such as gravity and electromagnetism. It's what physicists in real life are currently calling "dark energy," as an explanation for the accelerating expansion of the universe -- which has only recently been discovered and flies in the face of the previous notion that the universe's expansion should be slowing down because of gravity"

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 10:19 PM
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

Eh, didn't read Ush's post, but I guess that makes us both right.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 10:49 PM
Bardiel13 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardiel13 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardiel13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I heared that the game is really good but has some signficant flaws in it.

Still picking it up because I loved KOTOR.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 04:24 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

After my first hour of play. I am, thus far, highly impressed. The character customization is thorough, even allowing a back story for your character to be chosen. I am already intrigued by the potential of the story. It seems that the class options actually offer difference in gameplay. The gameplay is both foreign and familiar. The combination of action adventure and RPG elements seem as though they are going to culminate in an intense experience. I'm not sure the over the shoulder aspect will be enough to lure fps fans. Although, it certainly does an incredible job at adding a fresh feel to the RPG aspect. It reminds me of the decision Bethesda chose in integrating the first person mode to Oblivion. It turned many RPG fans off, but gave slight but radical tone to the game. THe RPG element of this game seems as though it is going to be very deep and ever changing like the story.
The few glaring problems i have met in the game is that it is glitchy at times and the environment textures dont always load seemlesly. Ive also noticed a few frame rate struggles. I dont know if these problems are forgivable, considering how long the game has been in development, but the game seems like it is going to be an original gaming experience none the less

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 05:51 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardiel13
Elite Cannon Fodder

As expected, it did not come in the mail, today. However, my friend wants to rent it at blockbuster today, though I doubt they have it. Sigh...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 09:48 PM
Phat J

i dont know, im on the fence about this game. the only problems ive heard with it so far is that there are a lot of issues with framerate and clunky menu controls. ill probably get it, but thats just frustrating because with a game of this potential you'd think they'd weed out that sort of thing.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 04:07 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

This game looks beyond awesome. God I need a 360.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 04:27 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote