KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Halo Yankee Station Sign Up (Approved Version)

Halo Yankee Station Sign Up (Approved Version)
Started by: archangel01

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

I think the limit has been reached on Spartan, but let's wait for archangel with the valid statement..

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 02:55 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

We're actually one over the limit but that's only because I slipped by when he said I had the green light

Russia does not want confrontation of any kind. And we will not take part in any kind of "holy alliance".
Vladimir Putin

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 03:49 PM
JohnnyW is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyW a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Killer Scene

Oh, it's okay then ^^
I'll just play as a Covenant.
Hold my spot, as I create a bio raver

Edit: Scratch that, I'll just sit this one out.
Rawrr.

Last edited by Killer Scene on Oct 8th, 2007 at 08:25 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 08:16 PM
Killer Scene is currently offline Click here to Send Killer Scene a Private Message Find more posts by Killer Scene Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
archangel01
Feet First into Hell

"Green light...green light to engage."

All right folks...we are good to go....gather up your characters and head over to the newly created thread on the unhosted main page.

Please keep all off topic conversations here as well as any other questions you might have.

See ya'all in Boston.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 01:44 PM
archangel01 is currently offline Click here to Send archangel01 a Private Message Find more posts by archangel01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[email protected]
I Love You Sparkly

does this role play already have ten people in it because that one guy said he was dropping out?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 08:40 PM
Sp@rx is currently offline Click here to Send Sp@rx a Private Message Find more posts by Sp@rx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

I dont see why there's a limit on members allowed, though..

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 09:31 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

I'm a bit confused, elites are good right now, but where should I place them? In Yankee Station?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 12:21 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Menetnashté
I'm a bit confused, elites are good right now, but where should I place them? In Yankee Station?

Dont specify your location.. That's how I made my post.. I just acted as if I was in any random covenant encampment..

Oh, wait.. You didnt mean like that..

Cant help you then..

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 08:26 AM
archangel01
Feet First into Hell

the elites are good. You can place them in the station...or if u like you can have them in space engaging the sep./heretic fleet.
at this point there is no limit as to the number of ppl....i know there was earlier...but if you are going to actively play than ur welcome to join.

Just a quick note on military rank structure. Correct me if im wrong, but the highest ranking spartan is John 117, a Master Chief Petty Officer. Now im almost 99% certain that Spartans were not officers (meaning any rank above Master Chief)

Also another side note: THERE ARE NO MARINE SPARTANS, SPARTANS ARE ATTACHED TO THE NAVY THEREFOR USE NAVY RANKING STRUCTURE.

What this means to you: Your spartan can be any rank from what im going to call crewman recruit (space version of modern "seaman recuit") to a Master Chief (the highest combat enlisted rank) You probably want to stay away from the lower enlisted tier and stay upwards of Petty Officer 3rd class upwards. For questions look up the US Navy enlisted ranking structure, that is what Bungie used, I will bet money on it.

the ranks of Pvt. to Master Sgt. are Marine Corp ranks, and are not associated with the Spartan program.

So to recap: Ranks your Spartan can have:
Crewman through Master Chief Petty Officer
Ranks your Spartan CAN NOT have:
Pvt- Master Sgt., Lt-General, or Ensign-Admiral

Sorry guys but Bungie based its ranking structure off of the US and British military structure, focusing mostly on the country they reside in...which is the US. Spartans were Navy and were not Officers.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 02:17 PM
archangel01 is currently offline Click here to Send archangel01 a Private Message Find more posts by archangel01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

Just because the Arbiter is working for the UNSC, that doesn't mean all Elites are "good". He'll need to convince them to join his side, along with the Elite Commander. They are the only two Covenant who are working with the humans at the moment.

As for action on the ground in Yankee Station, I'll need Extecute to bring his Elite/Grunt squad over to my position, in an outpost near the front of the heart of Yankee Station to commence another assault on the ground. The Arbiter will be with me, however, since he has close ties with the Sergeant Major in Halo 2. Of course, he will only be with me if archangel allows it.

Also, I know what archangel is talking about, and I suggest you guys listen to him. If you all make your characters officers or higher, the story just gets boring with everyone being the same rank, and all the NPC's being lower ranked. If he tells you to stick with U.S. and British military structure, just deal with it. You can still commit life saving deeds and earn medals like any high ranked officer would, and even get promoted. However, you need to Roleplay as a team. If archangel doesn't think one good deed is enough, then keep trying.

I still want to take that position aboard the BattleAxe, either as a Shipboard Officer or an ODST joining the Spartans. I just need permission from archangel.

(Thanks Raijin) Xbox Live-Frisky Marcus

Change my attempt, good intentions.
Should I? Could I?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 08:24 PM
Rodgort is currently offline Click here to Send Rodgort a Private Message Find more posts by Rodgort Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's yankee station, dude. Not Stadium.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 11:11 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
It's yankee station, dude. Not Stadium.

Lol, sorry, tired.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 11:16 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's cool. I've made that mistake like ten times already.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 11:18 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

If we were fighting in Yankee Stadium.. not much cover

Russia does not want confrontation of any kind. And we will not take part in any kind of "holy alliance".
Vladimir Putin

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 11:20 PM
JohnnyW is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyW a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mos def.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 11:59 PM
archangel01
Feet First into Hell

hey guys...just checking in
wanted to clarify a few points: RedSpartan, that was Commander Elizabeth calling Jacob out, she is the Ships Captain, i didnt post her bio, but she is more than experienced. During a time of war, people would go around armed on a vessel, but as you stated, you had no authorization...and u faked your way into a secured zone.
**Sorry man, the post was my military side talking....and just an FYI, weapons are never allowed in the readyroom or the wardroom on a ship, im talking real life, not just here in the game**

Rodgort: you have a choice, you can either play as my Platoon Sgt (a one Sgt. Anthony Pannik (no puns about the name please, this guy have been through several RPG's and fanfics)) or as Lt. Matthew Sheffield, the ships JOOD (thats Jr. Officer of the Deck), he basically is in charge of the ship when Commander Elizabeth isnt on the bridge.

If you take the LT, we need to PM about the rules and naval traditions regarding this....OK smile

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 12:19 AM
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Sorry I only have Marine based experience. They're a little more lenient in the marines about weaponry. ===>||<=== but only that much haha

and on the experienced part of the Captain. Experience means nothing when fighting a two-ton killing machine. stick out tongue

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 12:56 AM
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

Originally posted by archangel01
Rodgort: you have a choice, you can either play as my Platoon Sgt (a one Sgt. Anthony Pannik (no puns about the name please, this guy have been through several RPG's and fanfics)) or as Lt. Matthew Sheffield, the ships JOOD (thats Jr. Officer of the Deck), he basically is in charge of the ship when Commander Elizabeth isnt on the bridge.

If you take the LT, we need to PM about the rules and naval traditions regarding this....OK smile
Since I am already Roleplaying as Sergeant Johnson, I'll take Matthew Sheffield. I just need to know a little about him, you can send me a PM about that, plus anything extra I need to know.

(Thanks Raijin) Xbox Live-Frisky Marcus

Change my attempt, good intentions.
Should I? Could I?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2007 04:08 AM
Rodgort is currently offline Click here to Send Rodgort a Private Message Find more posts by Rodgort Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
archangel01
Feet First into Hell

Artist formally know as RedSpartan............Jacob is not with the ODST
He and the rest of the Spartans are going to Fenway **reference my post in the game right before yours** As the rest of the Spartan characters are either not paying attention or not playing....you are the only one at the moment. I need you to carry the story there. Read my post again, delete yours, and take your fight there....im giving you free reign so u can kill as much as u like over there while you secure your Beach head.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 12:00 AM
supatroopa286
The Forum's Drifter

niiiice, im right near Boston. can I sign up?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 01:34 AM
supatroopa286 is currently offline Click here to Send supatroopa286 a Private Message Find more posts by supatroopa286 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote