KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Ninetales

Ninetales
Started by: Remindme

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Ninetales

Ninetales is a very intelligent Pokémon and it can understand human speech.

Behavior & Abilities:

Ninetales is very intelligent, but vengeful; Ninetales have been recorded going to extreme lengths to enact complicated revenge on those that offend or harm them, like putting a 1,000 year curse on anyone who pulls on its tails. They (as well as Vulpix) have good senses of smell, hearing, and sight. A Ninetales is believed to have 9 hidden abilities, which would be one for each of its nine tails that it has. They are Pokémon who have an extremely good sense of justice, along with being quite strong and long-living.

Its signature attacks derive from two flame sacs located in the neck, which project from two ports on the back of the mouth. Although its flame is not as hot as other species (such as the Flareon), it can project flame for a longer period of time than most species (with the notable exception of the Charizard), however, unlike many other fire pokčmon, Ninetales has no weakness against water (With the exception of the games). If these flame sacs are punctured, the Pokémon suffers a fate similar to liver failure if not quickly treated.

Ninetales, as a species, have a weak point when it comes to the young; in the Pokémon universe, tales of Ninetales helping children (and their parents, if present) out of blazing buildings or through harsh winter climates are common. They also perform the same courtesy for baby Pokémon. However, they do not raise Pokémon of other species, nor humans, any more often than a normal animal.

According to legend, nine noble saints were united and reincarnated into this Pokémon. Some legends claim that each of its nine tails has its own unique type of special power. They are attributed with many mystical powers: laying curses, mind control, the ability to control fire, invisibility, and more. However, these reports are only mentioned sporadically, if at all.

Also there are more than 3 times more female Ninetales than male.

Commonly Known Attacks:

Fire Spin: Ninetales most powerful attack, huge fire attack

Flamethrower: A jet of flame

Confuse Ray: A ghostly flash from the eyes that leaves the target dissorientated. Rumor has it that if the Ninetales is powerful enough, it can also mind control the target

Flash Fire: Prevents Ninetales being harmed by an fire attacks, and also increases the power of it's over

Fire Blast: A hugely powerful fire attack, in the shape of the japanese symbol for Fire

Quick Attack: A very quick dash then a hard tackle

Habitat:

Grassland Pokémon Ninetales can be found in grassy plains or in mountainous areas with lots of shade.

Now for pictures big grin

(please log in to view the image)

Heres a vicious Picture of him (I assume this is male hahaha)

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 02:57 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: Ninetales

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Remindme
Ninetales is a very intelligent Pokémon and it can understand human speech.

...don't all Pokemon understand humans? Isn't that why they do the attacks they are told to do?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 02:58 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Full version of Remindme's avatar!

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 02:58 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

I assume most are like dogs, only understand the tricks you teach them

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 02:59 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by shin_gear
Full version of Remindme's avatar!

Yeppers smile

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 03:00 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I assume most are like dogs, only understand the tricks you teach them

Never really seen Ash telling his Tauros "okay that thing you just did was Fissure. Fi-ssure. Do that whenever I tell you to." big grin big grin

Pokemon is confusing sometimes.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 03:00 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Lol true, maybe they just ignore the trainers, it's just they so happen to think alike stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 03:01 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think that, with legendary Pokemon being the exception, we should just make one thread for all the others, otherwise eventually we'll be spamming the next twenty pages with respect threads for over three hundred pokemon.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 03:02 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Nah, most Pokčmon kinda suck enough to ignore them ^-^

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 03:03 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
I think that, with legendary Pokemon being the exception, we should just make one thread for all the others, otherwise eventually we'll be spamming the next twenty pages with respect threads for over three hundred pokemon.
But Venusaur and Ninetales are special.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 03:04 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Nah, most Pokčmon kinda suck enough to ignore them ^-^

No. Read Kadabra's Pokedex entry and you will go WTF? like you have never done a WTF before. Here's that entry I am talking about and you can go look it up yourself for I am not making this up:

FireRed: It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into Kadabra.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 03:09 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by ESB -1138
No. Read Kadabra's Pokedex entry and you will go WTF? like you have never done a WTF before. Here's that entry I am talking about and you can go look it up yourself for I am not making this up:

FireRed: It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into Kadabra.

Rofl, you sure that's geniune? i've not played fire red

Okay, so some pokedex entries are...kinda....weird, doesn't make the pokčmon any better stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 03:12 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Rofl, you sure that's geniune? i've not played fire red

Okay, so some pokedex entries are...kinda....weird, doesn't make the pokčmon any better stick out tongue

Go get a copy of FireRed and see for yourself. My friend was the first to show me that entry and I had nothing to say. LeafGreen has a completely different entry but that is FireRed's. I wish I could have saw your look when you read that.

I always thought Abra evolved into Kadabra but that Pokedex entry begs to differ.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 03:13 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Yeah, psychic little boys everywhere get a dream/nightmare come true, they get to BE pokemon.....not masters, just to be pokemon hahahahah

Very high eyebrows, then laughter wink

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 03:18 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Meh. Aside from being liked/valued for its beautiful looks, interesting background (about the curse thing that happens if you pull it's tail), and what not, I suppose Ninetales is an okay fire type.

It's actually one of my favorite fire-types overall now that I think about it though, especially among the fire-types in the Kanto region.

Originally posted by ESB -1138

Heh. That reminds me... I think I saw one entry saying you can get a migrain if you approach a Kadabra too closely (or somethin' like that).

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 05:44 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote