KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Battle for Middle Earth II (PC)

Battle for Middle Earth II (PC)
Started by: nimbus006

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nimbus006
Accuser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pr1983
lol, basically its like a giant skirmish, but instead of taking parts of the map, you take territories... its similar to the campaign from the first game (once you finish minas tirith and move onto whatever maps you want to play), but you dont carry over your forces from each battle (with the witch king addition i think you do though). anyways, when you take a territory, you'll get buillding plots... you can build any of the normal buildings, though you need to (just like usually) build farms to increase command points, fortresses to build heroes, and barracks to build soldiers...

you need to keep either a hero or a at least one battalion in any piece of land you intend to hold on to, as if an enemy force moves into it and there are no soldiers to protect it, it'll become their territory, so you need to keep at least one battalion (though the more you have, the more you'll start each battle with).

so say i have aragorn and two battalions of knights on, say, helms deep, and isengard attacks it... i click the real time selection on the resolve options, and the mission (pretty much a skirmish) starts, but i have the bonus that at the start, i already have aragorn and the two battalions ready to go...

Awesome thanx ill will try to play it tonight. Hopefully i can understand it. big grin

By: Juk

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 03:23 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by exanda kane
Ah yes. I thought we would hit this little snag. You see, this is a Lord of the Rings product, a product made considering both the mainstream and fan following of the Lord of the Rings, Tolkien's world, or in particular Peter Jackson's WETA company, and therefore appeals to more than simply a "video game/computer forum criteria".

I would not be suprised if not too many fans of Tolkien stroll through the Video Game forums, so how better to tell them about this game than the Lord of the Rings forums themselves? Simply put, respect other peoples decisions; no need to call the hounded Mods for such a trivial case.

Now, seeing as you've dragged the thread so off-topic Kelly_Bean (so that it will probably be moved now anyway) I'll try my hand at an on-topic post.

What Elven Heroes do you get? I heard Glorfindel mentioned?

the full list of elven heroes: glorfindel, thranduil, haldir, legolas, treebeard (on account of the elves being able to build ent moots, which is their version of the barracks), elrond, arwen... i think thats all of them... and galadriel is the superpowerful ring hero for any of the free peoples, she's a frickin beast...

glorfindel is the standard hero you get at the start... he's a good all rounder...

Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Do any of them come online more than once in a blue moon? erm

i'll mention it to one of em...

Originally posted by nimbus006
Awesome thanx ill will try to play it tonight. Hopefully i can understand it. big grin

just practice man... honestly, i didnt have a clue at first, i learned through trial and error... atm i have everything west of mordor under my control, and i'm ready to take the last few territories...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Oct 26th, 2007 at 03:38 AM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 03:36 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Is The Lord Of The Rings Online: Shadows Of Angmar any good ??

Old Post May 5th, 2008 09:24 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Yep.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 7th, 2008 09:51 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I love the expansion the Rise of the Witch-king. It's so cool to send the Witch-king out on a horse with a huge orc and troll army to summon forth wolf riders and lay siege to my opponents!!!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 01:37 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

You couldn't do that in the 2nd one? no expression

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 07:46 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by coolmovies
Is The Lord Of The Rings Online: Shadows Of Angmar any good ??

Yeah, it really is. It's just whether you can be bothered to pay monthly fees for it.

Anyway, you can get a two week free trial online, check it, son.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 10:30 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Yeah, it really is. It's just whether you can be bothered to pay monthly fees for it.

Have you played WoW? If so, better, worse, dislikes, likes?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 09:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by chillmeistergen

My friend/neighbor beta tested it. When/why did they add the 5$/month registration fee? That's actually why he didn't continue playing.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2008 11:02 PM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Have you played WoW? If so, better, worse, dislikes, likes?

Well, I prefer LOTRO, but that's due to the fact that I really like LOTR. So it really depends on what you're looking for out of it - I could relate to LOTRO's storyline, but not WoW, it just didn't strike a chord with me.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Sep 21st, 2008 01:30 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote