KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect Sol Badguy!!!!!!!!

Respect Sol Badguy!!!!!!!!
Started by: Sol Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Respect Sol Badguy!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Look at him. His name already spells out BADASS for you.

Story:
Background
His exact history is unclear, but it is known for certain that Sol's real name is Frederick, who not only was one of the lead scientists of the Gear project, but is also the prototype Gear from over a hundred years before the events of the Guilty Gear games. As a prototype, he is immune to the orders of Commander Gears. He was personally acquainted with That Man prior to the Crusades. His headband is actually a Gear-suppression device which prevents him from giving into his Gear nature and losing his rationality, at the cost of suppressing much of his power. The headband also conceals the glowing red brand on his forehead, the telltale mark that would expose him as a Gear.

As Frederick, Sol created the "Outrage", which he called a supreme Anti-Gear weapon. The Outrage is actually not one weapon but several - eight components called "Jinki", which greatly amplify their wielders' magical ability. Only three Outrage weapons are currently known to be active - Sol's own Fuuenken, Ky's Fuuraiken (Thunderseal), and Anji Mito's twin fans, Zessen. The other five are supposedly in the custody of the United Nations, although some fans believe Paracelsus, A.B.A's living key, to be a jinki.

Frederick also saved Kliff Undersn (one of the leaders of the Holy Orders and the one who named Ky leader of the Holy knights) when Kliff was still a young boy. Roughly half a century later, he was himself recruited into the order, as a bounty hunter named "Sol Badguy." Sol took part in the Crusades, ironically becoming one of the best fighters on the human side. At this time he was a member of the Sacred Order of Holy Knights (Seikishidan). He acquired the nickname "Corrupted [or Immoral] Flame" during that time, a name that such figures as I-No and Justice use for him later. However, he later became disenchanted with the methods of the Sacred Order. At an unspecified time, Sol fled the order, taking with him the Fuuenken, which the Holy Knights had come to consider a sacred treasure. The theft earned him Ky's enmity.

In 2175, Sol faced Justice directly. The two fought, and Justice won - in the process, discovering that Sol was a Gear (but not his true identity as a creator of the Gears). Justice attempted to assert her power as a Commander Gear to control Sol, but was unable to do so. Exploiting her confusion and weakness from the fight, the Holy Order, led by Ky Kiske, sealed Justice away, bringing the war to an end.

Guilty Gear
Canon states that Sol was the winner of the Tournament, and it is here that Justice discovers that Sol is, in fact, Frederick. Justice, in her dying words, comments that she wishes that "the three of us" could talk one last time, and Sol swears to kill That Man.

Guilty Gear X
Sol has three endings, all of which involve a fight against Dizzy, who has a half-million World Dollar bounty on her head. However, he spares her life in all of them, losing against her in his second ending, and judging that she isn't a threat to the world in the other two. In his third ending, we see a conversation between That Man and one of his servants, in which That Man cryptically says, "To think there was a daughter...most interesting." It is revealed in Drama CD Side Black to be in reference to Justice being Dizzy's mother.

Guilty Gear XX
His storyline here involves chasing down I-No. His first ending, after he defeats I-No, leads to a direct confrontation with That Man. That Man casually deflects all Sol's attacks, and says that Sol is needed because soon a greater battle than the Crusades will occur. In Sol's second ending, Slayer informs him of the Post-War Administration Bureau's interest in Dizzy, which catches his interest. In the third, he fights Dizzy, who had been possessed by Necro after I-No knocked her off the Mayship, and sends Dizzy on her way to meet Johnny and May.

Holy Order Sol:
is an alternate version of the original character, which has him clothed in a garment similar to that worn by Ky Kiske. Sol was indeed a part of the Sacred Order of the Holy Knights, this is a take on what Sol looked like during that time and how he fought before beginning to use his now-trademark sword, Fireseal (or "Fuuenken"). This form also shows a glimpse of Sol's true Gear form (where he sports a pair of demonic wings and a tail) when performing the original version (without the aid of Fuuenken) of his Overdrive move, Dragon Install. His EX Instant Kill is called All Guns Blazing (named after the Judas Priest song with the same name) and is basically the original Instant Kill of Sol Badguy from the first game.

Powers/Abilities/Weapons:
Special Moves:
Gun Flame:
Sol creates a blaze of fire from his sword that travels half-
screen across on the ground.

Gun Flame Feint:
Sol performs the Gun Flame animation but no projectile is
actually launched.

Volcanic Viper:
Sol's typical uppercut type move. HS version rises up
higher in the air.
-Knockdown: (During Volcanic Viper)
Sol's second hit continued from Volcanic Viper, it's basically
a flip kick the knocks the enemy all the way down to the
ground.

Grand Viper:
Sol slides across the ground slashing anything in the way
then jumps up to finish it with a mini Volcanic Viper. Press
S repeatedly for more hits. Hits low.

Bandid Revolver:
Sol jumps at an arc performing a kick right when he jumps
and a kick right before he lands. In the chargeable version,
he just jumps towards the opponent with his sword and
slams it on the ground, bouncing the opponent off the
ground if it hits. Charge version hits high.

Riot Stomp:
Sol jumps back at one end of the screen and dashes in mid-
air towards the other end of the screen with his legs out to
kick anything in the way. Hits high.

Wild Throw:
Sol grabs the enemy from the head and slams them on the
ground which causes them to bounce off the ground.

Fefnir:
Sol does a short dash across and does an attack with the
hilt of his sword.

Overdrive Attacks:
Tyrant Wave Beta:
Sol performs a mini uppercut then while the enemy is in
mid-air, he slashes them across with a blaze of fire from
his sword.

Dragon Install:
Sol powers up increasing both his speed and damage for
a short period of time. After the time limit, he takes a little
rest where he is vulnerable to anything.

Instant Kill:
Napalm Death:
Sol stabs his sword into the ground then jumps up at 45
degrees with his sword, bursting a blaze of fire from the
ground to incinerate anything in the way.

Holy Order Sol:
Holy Order-Sol uses a different attack system than the other characters do. He uses a Charge meter with 3 levels. By pressing half-circle back along with Dust (quarter-circle back as of Accent Core), Order-Sol will begin charging his meter. At each level, all of his command techniques gain extra strength or new properties. He also possesses an attack that can be used while he is charging, similar in appearance to a Burst, providing knockback and a small amount of damage, which ends the charge. His moves seem like prototypes of his former moves, but with extremely different looks and effect, like the Bandit Revolver Prototype and his Gun Blaze. The Dragon Install also changes from an ability that augments Sol's strength and speed into a special move of its own. It can only be done in level 3 of the Charge Meter, and when performed, can be linked to Sekkai, which is a combo move done like the Deadly Rave by Geese Howard. Sekkai can only be linked after the Dragon Install's Stagger, but can do tremendous damage. When the full move is performed - which requires precise timing on all parts of a 10-hit combo - Sol transforms into his true Gear form for the finishing blow. Also, his Tyrant Rave 'Omega' (different from the 'Beta' version of the common Sol) changes effect with the Charge Meter.

Order-Sol improved in Accent Core, with new Overdrives, longer range and a faster rate of charge that requires no timed button presses.

Thus far, he has only appeared as a playable character in Guilty Gear XX Slash and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core.

In addition to being playable, Holy Order-Sol has a "boss mode" version that appears as a final boss of Guilty Gear XX Slash's Arcade Mode. In this form, his speed and power are increased, and he gains a vastly improved form of the original Dragon Install. This move increases Sol's strength and speed even further and improves many of his special attacks for a limited period of time. While Dragon Install is active, Order-Sol constantly regenerates health, and his attack speed increases to the point where he can easily chain together Overdrive techniques.

Last edited by Sol Valentine on Oct 6th, 2007 at 05:25 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 05:21 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Overdrive Techniques? Final Fantasy X, etc.?

I'm just joking.

Sol Badass FTW.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 05:46 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Did you see the MUGEN Holy Order Sol v.s. Evil Ryu vid on youtube?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 05:57 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will later see it I guess.

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 06:09 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

It was awesome.

STALEMATE OF THE HIGHTEST ORDER!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 06:12 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

My current desktop

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 12:47 AM
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

My sister said Sol is sexy

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 12:50 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 12:51 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

She lied

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 12:55 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

*Smacks Remindme*

You lie!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 12:55 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Remind me to smack myself.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 12:57 AM
Bro SMASH

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shin_gear
Overdrive Techniques? Final Fantasy X, etc.?

I'm just joking.

Sol Badass FTW.

Yep, Sol IS a badass. And that name would definitely fit him ("Sol Badass").

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 10:33 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Any character who fights like Freddie Mercury and likes Queen is badass. cool

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 12:05 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

I rest my case then.

Sol...................Is................My..................Cousin.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 12:12 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

TricksterPriest, where the f*ck have you been?! I've missed you dude.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 03:27 AM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

VOLCANICU VIPA!!!!

Dude is like my favorite GG character and close to the one I'm best with (I'm slightly better with Ky). They kinda toned him down in GG Accent Core though, I was very disapointed

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Oct 30th, 2007 03:37 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Guilty Gear
Flame of Corruption

Damn, I was gonna make one of these things... laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 02:22 PM
The Guilty Gear is currently offline Click here to Send The Guilty Gear a Private Message Find more posts by The Guilty Gear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

What I don't understand is why is Sol sometimes referred to as the "Ken of Guilty Gear" while Ky is the "Ryu of Guilty Gear"? I never understood that. Heck, in one of those guides on GameFAQs, they even compare Sol to Iori and Ky to Kyo.

Sol always seems like the "Ryu of Guilty Gear". He's the obvious protagonist and the one the title describes. He even has dark colored hair with a headband (which was pretty common for fighting games).

Ky definitely seems more like a secondary protagonist and is thus the "Ken of Guilty Gear".

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 03:19 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

It's referring to their respective personalities, and perhaps their color schemes.

Though I don't really think Ken and Sol in particular are very similar.

That said, Sol is a BAMF.

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 04:43 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

I should have known, as he does seem a bit less serious like Ken while having that badass feel to him like Iori.

At the same time, that makes him more cooler than the both of them.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post May 22nd, 2011 05:50 PM