KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » ** Poetry Contest **

** Poetry Contest **
Started by: Syren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

I'd like to join.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 01:04 AM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

stop the madness please..............oh what the hell im all in for the madness

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 12:22 PM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
okay.

cant change who i am

It's not who you are, it's the way you're acting. There's no need to be so blunt, is there?

I'm all for you joining the competition as long as you don't behave as though it's a foregone conclusion that you'll win.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 06:39 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

Originally posted by Syren
It's not who you are, it's the way you're acting. There's no need to be so blunt, is there?

I'm all for you joining the competition as long as you don't behave as though it's a foregone conclusion that you'll win.

well, since i would like to join the competition, i will, try hard, to be nicer, as a matter of fact, i wont say anything accept for my poem. (otherwise)

does this work?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 07:06 PM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
well, since i would like to join the competition, i will, try hard, to be nicer, as a matter of fact, i wont say anything accept for my poem. (otherwise)

Or if you can't be nice, be constructive. There's nothing wrong with disliking someone's work and letting them know exactly what you don't like, perhaps giving them some idea as to how they might improve.

Just be constructive smile

Suggestions for theme and rules?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 07:15 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FŽanor

UPDATE.

Suggestions for theme and rules?

I would suggest keeping it an unfamiliar theme rather than having it be: seasonal since the holidays are fast approaching. And as some will likely feel comfortable posing such things as love unrequited, a broken heart, anger at a person, place or thing. Suicidal tendencies and some such, which I suppose pretty much eliminates a whole lot of what's written now...I suppose.

I guess what I'm saying is, rather than what we all are familiar with, have them or they or whomever write what they are not used to; think outside of the box.

If not...well hey, it was a suggestion.

As for rules, I leave that to those in the unenviable position of having to judge.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 08:39 PM
FŽanor is currently offline Click here to Send FŽanor a Private Message Find more posts by FŽanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Excellent suggestion, J. I agree with having the participants 'think outside the box' - in fact, couldn't that be the general theme? Ask them to write something that is actually original and witty? A challenge in and of itself, I'm willing to bet stick out tongue

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 08:47 PM
FŽanor

Excellent suggestion, J. I agree with having the participants 'think outside the box' - in fact, couldn't that be the general theme? Ask them to write something that is actually original and witty? A challenge in and of itself, I'm willing to bet stick out tongue
And there lies the rub. How would one challenge themselves in writing something they themselves have not imagine them to be or thought otherwise in order to come up with something so unusual and unique to the babble they've ingrained their thought processes in however they've always written?

I think I gave myself a headache trying to answer that one, eh? But yes, I would like to see how one who is lovelorn write something they're not used to.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 08:54 PM
FŽanor is currently offline Click here to Send FŽanor a Private Message Find more posts by FŽanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by FŽanor
And there lies the rub. How would one challenge themselves in writing something they themselves have not imagine them to be or thought otherwise in order to come up with something so unusual and unique to the babble they've ingrained their thought processes in however they've always written?

I think I gave myself a headache trying to answer that one, eh? But yes, I would like to see how one who is lovelorn write something they're not used to.

That's the definition of challenging one's self and that is feasible. People do it all the time, therein lies the enjoyment.

Stretch the imagination, broaden the mind and widen the horizons.

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.

It can be done yes

I'm thinking we have a theme, ladies and gents.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 09:00 PM
FŽanor

kewl...glad to be of service.

Well, whenever its ready...I've one ready to submit.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 09:02 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

The theme's just think outside the box? Bit broad.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 09:05 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Well, give us something more specific then. I am asking for suggestions, after all.

It's just that we usually end up with either sickening love poems or suicidal cries for help.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 09:51 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry, I didn't mean it as a jab. I'm not really sure on any subjects at the moment, but I'll do my best to think of some.

Yes, the 'poets' of this board do seem rather prone to pretentious whinging.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 11:38 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

Im really unable to think of any themes. messed

made by Scribble

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 12:04 AM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Innovation? Exploration? Curiosity? Mystery? The exotic?

Last edited by Victor Von Doom on Oct 18th, 2007 at 02:17 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 02:12 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

What is this all about? Is it really a contest?

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 03:52 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

outside the box...that would be new for me...i'll try if thats the theme...and what to do you mean whiny? i'm not whining just complaining

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 12:39 PM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Bun Bun~
**KMC OG**

Hmmm "Think Outside The Box"

Pretty open but then agian that could be the fun of it. Seeing all the different views on this.

Love the idea of doing something "out of the norm"

There'll be peace when you are done

Kudos Scribble for the wicked awesome sig!

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 10:42 PM
~Bun Bun~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Bun Bun~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Bun Bun~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

i dont understand what you mean by "think outside the box"....

does this work?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 05:46 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

well if im right it means to do something you would never eally do before like outside of a routine...write a poem genre that you never had before...is that right?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 12:36 PM