KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » ** Poetry Contest **

** Poetry Contest **
Started by: Syren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Big O
The Original O

It may have already been suggested but I like the idea of writing about confusion.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 03:59 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Bun Bun~
**KMC OG**

Good ideas so far!! yes

I'm horrible at coming up with themes prolly has to do with me being more of a follower than a leader But...

The ideas I liked the most were, Mysterie, The power of the natural world, and the complexity of modern life.

There'll be peace when you are done

Kudos Scribble for the wicked awesome sig!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 05:12 PM
~Bun Bun~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Bun Bun~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Bun Bun~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Autumn/October/Halloween

All Relevant.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 05:20 PM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

Hm... I'm really up for anything stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 06:03 PM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ~Bun Bun~
Good ideas so far!! yes

The complexity of modern life.

This one is my favorite. I wanted to say it but I just didn't know how to put it into words.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 06:34 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Autumn/October/Halloween

All Relevant.

Yawnsome, though wink

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 09:19 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Complexity idea is possibly a bit narrow.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 10:58 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leo.M
A Riddle

How about something depressing. I'd win that. smile

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 12:12 AM
Leo.M is currently offline Click here to Send Leo.M a Private Message Find more posts by Leo.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Autumn/October/Halloween

All Relevant.

We could make glittery Christmas cards as well, couldn't we? Oh please, can we? Can we?

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Complexity idea is possibly a bit narrow.

Fair point.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 12:18 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
We could make glittery Christmas cards as well, couldn't we? Oh please, can we? Can we?

eek! I'd give you one!

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 01:28 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Filth, utter filth.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 02:04 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

I'm all for the complexity of life theme!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 11:00 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

i'm in for anything right now

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Oct 25th, 2007 12:21 PM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kenshinswife
Flash Cry

well i think mystery can be tied in with that idea. The whole mystery about life's complexties. Ya know...y its so complex, examples of how its complex, the ways complexties effect people...just throwing somethings out there....either one is fine by me..their kind of similar and you can take them by diffrent angles

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 12:14 AM
Kenshinswife is currently offline Click here to Send Kenshinswife a Private Message Find more posts by Kenshinswife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leo.M
A Riddle

Why don't we just do a free for all? Every poet can write what he or she wishes on to express themselves. In my mind I believe the best poems are written with the writers own free train of thought. Not this thing of picking a genre and writing a poem on it.

Thats my 2 cents on this.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 07:04 AM
Leo.M is currently offline Click here to Send Leo.M a Private Message Find more posts by Leo.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Contests have to have some sort of boundaries, that's the point. It's about challenging the participants to work within set limitations, to see what they can come up with.

These contests are thematic and always have a deadline.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 09:42 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

true...ummm i got nothing i like kenshins wife's idea about mixing the two

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 12:34 PM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Bun Bun~
**KMC OG**

Vinny had a point, halloween/fall themes would fit the time. Doing something for halloween i think would be fun and interesting.

There'll be peace when you are done

Kudos Scribble for the wicked awesome sig!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 01:37 PM
~Bun Bun~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Bun Bun~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Bun Bun~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

Originally posted by Syren
Well, give us something more specific then. I am asking for suggestions, after all.

It's just that we usually end up with either sickening love poems or suicidal cries for help.
Apparently everyone seems to be in a bit of confusion as to what "think outside of the box" is...in short, it means--to those who wish to submit a piece of work--to write something you don't normally always do: love poems, suicidal tendencies, teen angst or the cornucopia of prosaic grizzle. Not to say any of that is good. But the challenge is...can you create a thing you're not normally accustomed to? Not you Sy, but to those who fail to grasp that overly vague if not specific phrase. Sort that one out, eh?

Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
well if im right it means to do something you would never eally do before like outside of a routine...write a poem genre that you never had before...is that right?
Exactly.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 03:31 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fair enough then, I'll write a haiku about recycling.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 04:41 PM