KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What are the Top 5 Greatest Comic Book Storyline ever written?

What are the Top 5 Greatest Comic Book Storyline ever written?
Started by: Horrificus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
1. Kingdom Come
2. The Dark Knight Returns
3. Daredevil: The Man Without Fear
4. All Star Superman
5. V for Vendetta / Watchmen

The first that crossed my mind.

Great list.

I'll second it, but add a few personal favourites:

* The Punisher MAX series. A special mention to The Slavers arc - completely brutal and pitiless, this is Frank Castle as I love him: Unstoppable, merciless, a nightmare to terrify the scum of the earth.
* WE3. I loved it, even though as a manly man I had to pretend that I got some dust in my eye.
* The Ultimates. I know, not popular, but I don't care - I thought it was awesome. Complete cheese - but awesome, tasty, gooey, melt-in-your-mouth cheese.
* Batman Year One and Death, The High Cost of Living. Both of them live in the shadows of their more famous siblings but both of them are worthy mentions, frequently overlooked.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2016 07:42 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Those who don't have Infinity Gauntlet make me sick.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 03:49 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Technotwat

All of the below are comics

1. Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe
2. Ghost Rider: Danny Ketch classic Vol 1
3. The Killing Joke
4. What if Venom possessed Deadpool?
5. Venom: Complete collection Vol 1

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 06:28 PM
Technotwat is currently offline Click here to Send Technotwat a Private Message Find more posts by Technotwat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

This thread has a load of stories that r on my "need-to-read" list.

A lot of good stuff.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 05:13 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

Supreme Power by JMS.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 03:51 PM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWblayde938

1. Watchmen

2. The Dark Knight Returns
3. Born Again
4. Death of Capitan Marvel
5. Kingdom Come

Old Post Sep 7th, 2016 02:07 AM
SWblayde938 is currently offline Click here to Send SWblayde938 a Private Message Find more posts by SWblayde938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

You damn fools can't even get this list right.

1. WATCHMEN- Simply the greatest work in the history of the medium.

2.THE GOLDEN AGE- Flawless from beginning to end and WHAT an ending!

3.THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS- Arguably the most impactful storyline eve.

4.THE INFINITY GAUNTLET- Starlin's masterwork, if he never has a hit again he give us the INFINITY GAUNTLET.

5.DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN- If it weren't for DKR this would be Miller's best work.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2016 03:19 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

I found Watchmen to be highly mediocre/overrated, IMO erm

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2016 01:21 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWblayde938

Originally posted by Cogito

I can see some people not liking it for certain reasons

but calling WATCHMEN of all books mediocre..is simply laughable, opinions and all..but that is still ridiculous to say

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 01:55 AM
SWblayde938 is currently offline Click here to Send SWblayde938 a Private Message Find more posts by SWblayde938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

I get why people like it and all, but I found it only moderately entertaining to read.

/shrug

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 03:45 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't care for Watchmen either. I thoroughly enjoyed the film, though -- it wasn't as riddled with Moore's skewed views of society as the comic series was.

If we're talking Moore's works, I much prefer books like V For Vendetta, Miracleman, The Killing Joke, or his run on Swamp Thing... Hell, I even enjoyed Tom Strong more than Watchmen.

These days, it wouldn't even rank in my top 10... Let alone my top 5.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 04:44 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yeah, Watchmen is just too self conscious for me to enjoy.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 06:14 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Cogito

no doubt. thumb up

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 10:56 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

V is my favorite Moore work, and Swamp Thing may be his best (it wasn't up my alley, but was undeniably well written). But I'm not as hard on Watchmen as some. It still holds up, imo. I don't quite understand the hate. Ozy's "20 minutes ago" reveal gave me legitimate chills to read, Manhattan remains one of the better ruminations of superpowers that exists in comics, and Rorschach is still interesting and deep, both as a character and as a moral lens through which to critique some elements of our culture.

Last edited by Digi on Sep 8th, 2016 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 11:28 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Manhattan's characterization was excellent. He was the best part of the story for me.

The rest of the series just doesn't hold up, and is too jam packed with Moore's societal views and whatnot. But again, that is just my opinion.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 9th, 2016 at 03:46 PM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2016 03:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I liked the comic a lot more than the movie really

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 9th, 2016 06:00 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I am re-reading Marvels at the moment. It must have been really difficult not to hate Busiek and Ross a little bit when it came out. It is just so very, very good.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 08:38 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote