KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Man Cures Himself of HIV

Man Cures Himself of HIV
Started by: SpearofDestiny

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Well, with the many millions of worldwide tests, obviously there could be a mix-up in at least one.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 10:24 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

"The only way there can be a Lab Error is if the doctor's looked at someone else's blood."

Well, there you go.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 10:30 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lord xyz
"The only way there can be a Lab Error is if the doctor's looked at someone else's blood."

Well, there you go.

Yes, except for one thing:

It was his blood. The doctors were shocked that his second and third bloodtests turned out negative, when his first was positive. If it wasn't his blood, they would have figured it out roll eyes (sarcastic)

But it also depends which HIV test he had: In the test called ELISA, which is a very sensitive test, requiring little blood, there are almost no false negative tests, but they are [rare occasions where the test can be a false positive.

http://www.neahin.org/programs/repr...ing/hivtest.htm

But just look at this again:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?...mp;refer=europe

He sued the Hospital, because he thought the test was false. He sued them for the false test, because of the stress it caused him. However, the Hospital double checked, and there was NO ERROR found.

The initial Positive Test was correct. Not false. And he later tested negative in 2003. That is why doctors were shocked.

And please read this:

http://www.avert.org/stimpson.htm

Just read the sites, read his story...I know it sounds crazy, but just check it out. According to all sources, the Tests were CORRECT and they WERE HIS...he officially tested positive then negative.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 10:48 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Andrew appears on the “This Morning” programme on ITV. He tells the presenters that a number of HIV experts, including Professor Weber, Anton Posniak of the CWT, and several haematologists, immunologist and virologists, are now looking into his case, and that he is to go for further blood tests the following week. He also confirms that his original positive blood samples were checked by many different hospitals on a number of occasions, all of which confirmed the positive HIV antibody diagnosis.

Your suspicious are not unique Lord xyz. Many doctors had figured it had to be a false result, but Stimpson claims he had his first blood test checked by other hospitals which confirmed that he was indeed, infected.

And then check this out:

"This is something that only extensive research, testing and analysis could answer. Some have already suggested that the strain of virus with which he was infected could have been particularly weak or damaged. Others have said Mr Stimpson's own genetic make-up or an unusually strong immune system may have helped him overcome it. The CWT's assertion that the virus was 'transient' suggests he may have somehow had antibodies in his blood following exposure without actually having a current HIV infection, a scenario that has never been documented before.

It has even been proposed that repeated unprotected sex with his partner may have 'vaccinated' Mr Stimpson against infection, in a similar manner to some prostitutes in Kenya, who appear to remain immune to the virus thanks to repeated 'inoculating' exposure. 17

However, such speculation is premature at this stage, and only further tests, (such as viral RNA/DNA detection tests of both current and historical blood samples) are likely to yield any concrete answers to the questions raised by this mysterious case. "This is too early, too fast," said Simon Wain-Hobson of the Pasteur Institute in Paris, adding that to prove this is a case of spontaneous cure, "the burden of proof [needed] is monumental." 18"

Last edited by LatinoStallion on Oct 10th, 2007 at 10:58 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 10:56 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McLovin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, there you go.

Lab errors -

Wrong patients blood sent to lab.

or

Lab equipment has made an error, false/positive and or machine needed to be re-calibrated.

Here in the states it's very difficult for the labs to make errors. Once a positive HIV reflex is determined, the lab will do a HIV western blot confirmation to be sure.

After that, a MD/provider can order a separate test; Viral load testing—to decide when to start therapy and to monitor therapy and HIV progression.

Only possible way in my opinion for error, is the wrong patients blood sent to the lab. How many times could that actually happen though?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 01:16 AM
McLovin is currently offline Click here to Send McLovin a Private Message Find more posts by McLovin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

How many times does it need to happen?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 01:40 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

Re: Man Cures Himself of HIV

Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
I have told myself to take a break from KMC, but I stumbled upon articles which I couldn't keep to myself. HIV/AIDS is a worry which not only runs through my mind often, but the minds of so many other people.

In Britain, there is a man who tested positive for HIV in 2002, but a year later tested negative. What this means is that he beat HIV. He cured himself. Is this possible ?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/ne...ticle589783.ece

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegra...5001021,00.html

http://science.slashdot.org/science...d=99&tid=14

What do you guys think ?

I have also read stories of a few people in other parts of the world who have beaten HIV through a series of herbal intake.

http://www.aidscureherbal.com/

I then found another interesting article, about a possible vaccine for the HIV virus.

http://www.webmd.com/hiv-aids/news/...ccine-stops-hiv

Again, what do you guys think ? We all know there are plenty of people living with HIV, who still live healthy lives, and keep the virus under control.

But do you beleive that there are actually people out there who have been cured of the virus ???

Bet you're glad to hear that, huh?

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 01:44 AM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wouldn't reduce this news to the "freedom to fu*k whoever will let me" mindset that keeps soccer moms from allowing their daughters to obtain the HPV vaccine.

And I'll address your PM in this too, Urizen.

The AVERT website report fills in a lot of the gaps that the original links leave open to question. But, despite the influx of info from the site, there's still no conclusive evidence to support the notion that this guy was "cured" of AIDs.

I found the hooker information more interesting than anything reported about Stimpson. You asked me why I didn't think this was being reported on more heavily. Aside from all the "gay reasons" to find this story interesting, the main reason we don't hear more about a cure for AIDS is because there's no money in a cured disease. That's the bottom ine as far as any disease is concerned.

But, as for Stimpson, he might have been "cured" or he might have been ill-informed from the beginning. I honestly can't tell. Every conclusion reached ends up opening the door to new possibilities for an explanation.

Over the course of the last 10 years, I've heard of humans that are immune to HIV, humans that have cured themselves and humans of public interest that have been cured through back room, under-the-table methods.

Bottom line, I just hope a treatment is found that will free humans from teh burden of the disease. But more importantly, I hope someone involved reaches the conclusion that a cure is best for humanity, rather than for their own finacial interests.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 03:26 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lulz.

I love the conclusion-jumping.

DUDE HE CURED HIMSELF NO POSSIBLE LABORATORY ERROR WHATSOEVER

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 05:46 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Suicide is the best cure for AIDS.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 08:38 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McLovin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
How many times does it need to happen?

Usually one initial HIV test including confirmation if positive, will be done.

After that, the Viral load test will be done I BELIEVE, 2-3 times per year to access/track the progression of the virus. The Viral load testing will also confirm you have the virus by monitoring the patients T-cells.

I think people need to take into consideration that there are different strains of the Virus. I'm really not sure of there classifications, but I am under the impression the HIV spread by homosexuals to be the worst strain to have.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 01:07 PM
McLovin is currently offline Click here to Send McLovin a Private Message Find more posts by McLovin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by Secretus
Usually one initial HIV test including confirmation if positive, will be done.

After that, the Viral load test will be done I BELIEVE, 2-3 times per year to access/track the progression of the virus. The Viral load testing will also confirm you have the virus by monitoring the patients T-cells.

I think people need to take into consideration that there are different strains of the Virus. I'm really not sure of there classifications, but I am under the impression the HIV spread by homosexuals to be the worst strain to have.

What I actually meant was, how many mix-ups do you need?

(1).

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 01:56 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
What I actually meant was, how many mix-ups do you need?

(1).

How many mix-ups does it take to screw up the results of an HIV test?

One, a-two, a--

Oh, wait.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 02:18 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 06:05 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

*shrug* a lot of conflicting reports

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 06:09 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I don't know how true this is, all I know is that I have a friend that told me years ago that he contracted the virus. I even saw the sores on his skin begin to develop, but we lost touch, which was several years ago. Just recently however another friend of mine told me that the person that I said had AIDS virus was still alive, and that he was healthier than ever. Keep in mind that this was nearly 10 yrs ago when I last spoke to him, and he was not very wealthy. My ex girl friend just called me about one month ago saying that he (my friend was cured).
1. He was lying and never had it or...
2. He is one of the rare people that may carry a gene that permits him to be a carrier of the AIDS virus without dying from it.
Who knows?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 07:20 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's actually a vampire and performed a total blood transfusion from one of his victims.

Duh.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 09:57 PM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

For the Last Time, the original test was NOT a MIX UP

-If you actually read it, the original blood test was done twice.

-The Hospital rechecked the original blood sample, and confirmed that the original test was in fact, correct, making Andrew Stimpson's lawsuit null and void.

-Andrew Stimpson had the original blood samples sent to various clinics, all of which confirmed the original test was in fact, his own blood, and HIV positive.

He was then later tested 3 times, and all 3 tests came back negative.

Look, I know this is hard to swallow (no pun intended), but this guy was once HIV positive, and then turns out HIV negative .I don't know how its possible, but it happened. Unless you want to beleive that this is some sort of media/government conspiracy for the effort of somehow distracting us, it seems most likely that this is one rare case where someone actually beat the virus on his own.

In regards to Devil King's prior post, yes, you guys should also check out the story of the Prostitutes from Kenya.

It seemed that repeated exposure to the HIV virus, somehow made them immune, but a few of them became infected once they STOPPED having anonymous sex (ironically).

Also, according to Andrew Stimpson, himself, his boyfreind of Hispanic decent, is HIV positive. He had unprotected sex with him after his first diagnosis, seeing no point is using protection.

This means that Andrew Stimpson had repeatedly exposed himself to the HIV virus, through unprotected anal sex with his infected boyfreind, yet he himself had no infection. He himself somehow stayed HIV Negative, despite:

1) Having been found positive at first two blood tests

2) Having repeated UNPROTECTED anal sex with his HIV positive boyfreind for months after the first diagnosis.

Just consider the possibility...how can he be HIV negative despite having repeated unprotected sex with his HIV positive boyfreind ?

The entire situation, at all angles, tells us that this guy actually beat HIV.

The most probably reason, many scientists in the reports have said, was that perhaps the strand of HIV he acquired was severely weak, and not strong enough to replicate and mutate at a rate which would require its survival.

Who knows....but please...before you make your decisions, please read the entirety of all reports. Then make up your mind.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 10:30 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I don't know how true this is, all I know is that I have a friend that told me years ago that he contracted the virus. I even saw the sores on his skin begin to develop, but we lost touch, which was several years ago. Just recently however another friend of mine told me that the person that I said had AIDS virus was still alive, and that he was healthier than ever. Keep in mind that this was nearly 10 yrs ago when I last spoke to him, and he was not very wealthy. My ex girl friend just called me about one month ago saying that he (my friend was cured).
1. He was lying and never had it or...
2. He is one of the rare people that may carry a gene that permits him to be a carrier of the AIDS virus without dying from it.
Who knows?
3. They lied that he was cured/healthier.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 10:30 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

3. They lied that he was cured/healthier.

If he is alive, and well, and healthy, then chances are the tests about his negative status are true roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 10:40 PM