KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » The Tarkatan Warrior, Baraka

The Tarkatan Warrior, Baraka
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

The Tarkatan Warrior, Baraka

(please log in to view the image)

Fighters Generation on Baraka:

It takes a pretty decent design to be memorable... So in that respect, Baraka isn't a bad design at all, because I think everyone remembers his debut in MK2. They brought him back in the later games, but I think the appeal has worn off a bit.

Baraka's always been a favorite of mine since MK2 was in the arcades. Real sneaky to play with.

Mortal Kombat II

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Baraka was sent to quell the uprising renegade race in Outworld's lower regions. After his victorious battle, the nomadic warrior returns to fight on the side of villainy. Under the guidance of Shao Kahn, Baraka will once again pose a formidable threat to his Earthen counterparts.

Ending

When Baraka's failure to apprehend several Earth warriors nearly results in Shao Kahn's demise, the nomad finds himself fearing for his own life. He falls out of favor with his Emperor, and realizes that it's only a matter time before Kahn enacts revenge. Baraka remains loyal until the opposition from the Earth Realm has been defeated. With Kahn in a weakened state from his battle with Raiden, Baraka strikes. The despondent Emperor is no match for Baraka's attack. Then, fearing reprisal from those loyal to Kahn, Baraka escapes back into nomadic ruins from which he came.

Mortal Kombat Gold

Ever the nomad, Baraka has spent much time wandering many realms. Whilst traveling back through Edenia, he is made an offer to rule the realm at the side of Quan Chi. Eager to return into battle for any cause, Baraka accepts but has a different idea of how things will turn out.

Ending

(The camera goes from a view of the outside of a palace to the interior of a throne room. Quan Chi sits on the throne and notices a figure entering the palace.)

Quan Chi: "Enter!"

(Baraka slowly walks forward.)

Quan Chi: "I said enter, Baraka. Have no fear. Our betrayal is complete. I have dealt with those once loyal to Shinnok. This victory is ours!"

Baraka (Approaches Quan Chi.): "You bask in your newfound power on the throne of Queen Sindel, while I am forced to hide in the shadows."

Quan Chi: "Who is it you are hiding from? The Elder Gods are dead. Raiden is dead, and thanks to you, Shinnok is dead!"

Baraka: "Everyone is dead."

Quan Chi: "Yes. Everyone in this forsaken realm is dead!"

Baraka: "How do we rule a realm with no one in it?"

Quan Chi: "This war was not about holding court to mortals. It was about obtaining power! I now possess that power!"

Baraka: "And I am forced to live out my existence in a dead realm with a madman!"

(Baraka draws his blades, growls, and leaps at Quan Chi, stabbing him in the chest. Quan Chi groans in pain.)

Baraka: "Now, sorcerer, you will pay with your life!"

(Baraka prepares to cut off Quan Chi's head. Quan Chi appears behind Baraka.)

Quan Chi: "I haven't a life to give, you fool."

Baraka: (Turns around.) "What!?"

(Baraka looks at the body on the throne, which is just a skeleton. He growls, and leaps at Quan Chi, who fires a blast of energy at him, freezing him in mid-air. Quan Chi laughs and raises his hand toward Baraka, who explodes.)

Mortal Kombat Deception

Baraka assumed that the treacherous Mileena had given her armies a powerful magic. They fought with savage brutality, but he could not stop their advance. He vowed that Mileena would pay for her betrayal. Baraka's warriors brought word that she had agreed to meet with him in an ancient lair, but Baraka was no fool... He sent another in his place...

Baraka's scout reported that the Earthrealm warrior Subzero was near. He allowed his remaining militia to deal with him and set off alone to ambush Mileena. He knew by the scent of Tarkatan blood on her clothes that she had already killed the one he had sent to meet her. But her sense of smell was not as keen as a true Tarkata's. She was unaware of Baraka's presence. He barked her name and when she turned to face him... he tore her apart.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

With the power of Blaze within him, Baraka would never again serve another. Summoning Shao Kahn and Onaga before him atop the pyramid, he gave them a choice: Submit to Lord Baraka or die. They responded by attacking the Tarkatan. In a flash, Baraka’s blades grew to twice their normal length and pierced his former masters through their hearts. Flinging their bodies down the side of the
pyramid, Baraka turned his attention to a more important matter: Who would be his queen? He gave Mileena a choice. She chose wisely.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 05:55 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

the bladed mutant (NOT WOLVERINE) FTW!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 05:56 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

lol ^^

erm

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 06:11 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bogard

Does anybody have the scan of Baraka lifting up a building?

I really want to see it.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 10:05 PM
Bogard is currently offline Click here to Send Bogard a Private Message Find more posts by Bogard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Baraka lifting up a building? huh I don't seem to remember that at all... Is it from one of the comics or something?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2009 12:09 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
lol ^^

erm

You know, Mortal Kombat had a good thing going but as soon as Armageddon and MKvsDC surfaced, the franchise became kind of a downer. I hope MKvsDC isn't canon or this is gonna get real ugly.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2009 12:31 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Indeed.

Deception was actually awesome though (from MK3 to Deadly Alliance, not so much).

Old Post Dec 18th, 2009 12:51 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
lol ^^

erm

that is one of the lamest endings for a video game i ever seen.

its like they put zero effort into it at all.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 01:15 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I have to agree (same goes for pretty much every other ending of that wretched game sad).

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 01:33 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Snafu the Great needs to fix alot of his picture links.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 09:16 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

He should've just uploaded the pictures from photobucket or imageshack instead of using up other sites' bandwidth. It's no wonder they're not appearing now. erm

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 10:27 AM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

When I was a little kid, Baraka use to scare the shit outta me. I hated it when brothers use to pick him.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 11:07 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Haha, same here.

Well, it only used to scare me as a kid when Baraka did that blade fatality in MK2, but still.

Eh, good times those were though.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 11:06 AM
Joker1237

I thought MK3-U, MK4, MKDA, MKD and MKA were good games in there own right.

Now they each faulter if you compare it to a classic like MKII or even the first game, but I have fun with the combos in the later games.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 01:45 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote