KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Mr. Linderman

Mr. Linderman
Started by: Strangelove

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rickyduck
--------

Maybe... Hiro will go back in time and save Linderman. It could be a key element for the "perfect future".

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 06:36 PM
rickyduck is currently offline Click here to Send rickyduck a Private Message Find more posts by rickyduck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Somehow I don't think so...Hiro never even met Linderman.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 06:41 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I like to think we will see Linderman again yes

..... in a flashback

*fingers crossed*

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 07:02 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rickyduck
--------

Yes but look at it: His dad got killed by someone who wants to kill Peter and Nathan Petrellis mum. Both Peter and Nathan were closely linked to Linderman.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 07:03 PM
rickyduck is currently offline Click here to Send rickyduck a Private Message Find more posts by rickyduck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

could be possible Hiro met Linderman when he was young... but I highly doubt Hiro knew anything about him... or anything about the Company for that matter

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 08:12 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rickyduck
Maybe... Hiro will go back in time and save Linderman. It could be a key element for the "perfect future".
You can't change the past - Hiro's already learned this.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 09:57 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Oh yeah! Somehow I completely forgot that...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 11:23 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Captain REX
...I'm pretty sure he didn't phase through her to get in front of her. I think that would have killed her. He just threw himself in front.

However, while he may be able to activate his power relatively quickly, exerting it onto another person may not have been as quick.
first off, it wouldnt kill her if he phased through her as long as he doesnt unphase in her...

and 2nd, if you look closely, i dont know if its the video but his body changed as if hes phasing through it.. might be a video glitch.. you should watch it again, and of course its quick.. did you see when Sylar grabbed peter through the door in 5 years gone?

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 11:32 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It would likely harm her, at least, if not kill her. Probably not healthy to have your insides go all liquidy because someone ran through you. DL did that to Jessica the first time we witnessed phasing; he jammed his hand into her chest, phasing all the while, and it incapacitated her.

I remember Peter being grabbed through the door, yes.

And I'll have to find somewhere to watch that episode that works.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 11:46 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

If there was a D.L. thread, we would definitely need to be having this conversation in there.

But I assume the effect of being phased through would be the same as when Kitty Pryde does it in X-Men: discomfort.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 11:54 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I'm sure Mr. Linderman felt discomfort.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 03:48 AM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Strangelove
If there was a D.L. thread, we would definitely need to be having this conversation in there.

But I assume the effect of being phased through would be the same as when Kitty Pryde does it in X-Men: discomfort.

that's what I thought

DL used his phasing with Niki/Jessica to walk through walls... didn't he?

I can't see why phasing through someone would be a problem

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 03:57 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It might be a little disruptive to your biological systems...but who knows.

Yes, DL phased through walls with Jessica/Niki, taking her along with her, much as Peter made Claire invisible. However, it may have taken some focus and time (more than it does for DL to activate it with himself...seconds count when it comes to being shot at).

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 04:02 AM
S_D_J
Bane

yep... but If we don't have proof (a video) that clearly shows DL phasing through to receive the shot instead of her,... we will never know for sure...

You can't change the past - Hiro's already learned this.

I beg to differ. Hiro did change the past... twice

he warned Peter to save Claire... and Peter saved her, Sylar never killerd her...
and he finally managed to "kill" Sylar by stabbing him with the Katana... something Future Hiro couldnt do... no expression

when he said that, I thought he meant that... there are certain things you can't change... they will happen one way or another

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 04:07 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Such as Charlie's death.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 04:14 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by S_D_J
I beg to differ. Hiro did change the past... twice

he warned Peter to save Claire... and Peter saved her, Sylar never killerd her...
and he finally managed to "kill" Sylar by stabbing him with the Katana... something Future Hiro couldnt do... no expression
From the perspective of the show, Hiro was changing the future, not the past.

That's another basic tenet of time travel philosophy: if you know the future beforehand, you can change it. Just watch Minority Report

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 05:58 AM
S_D_J
Bane

That's another basic tenet of time travel philosophy: if you know the future beforehand, you can change it. Just watch Minority Report

If you know the future, you can change it, too true...

but it wasn't present Hiro who changed the future first.... Future Hiro changed the Past by having Peter saved Claire... Sylar never got her power. Future Hiro would have never met Present Hiro, he was never supposed to (at least not by his conscious doing)...

... but there are things that will happen one way or another... you can't change those... Charlie was going to die anyways sad ... the bomb was to explode regardless of what they could do....

... even though Peter saved Claire, the bomb still went off, because Sylar wasn't the bomb. If I'm not mistaken, F. Hiro thought that by having Sylar not getting Claire's power, he would have died by being stabbed or something else, and the explosion will never happen....
Hiro was able to stab Sylar(future Hiro told him to do so), thus stopping him and giving enough time for Nathan to take Peter away...

....from the perspective of the show, Hiro was changing the future... but a change was already made by Future Hiro when he contacted Peter...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 04:09 PM
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

you can change the past. hiro changed how charlie died. she died of a tumor the time he went back

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 10:19 PM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by chickenlover98
you can change the past. hiro changed how charlie died. she died of a tumor the time he went back
actually, sylar still killed her even tho she had the tumor, cause he still has her power

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 10:30 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

It was a clot, not a tumor, but yeah, Sylar still killed her.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 01:23 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote