KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Takezo Kensei

Takezo Kensei
Started by: DARKLORDCAEDUS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

I'm guessing that the part of him that is worse than Sylar is not in regards to power theft. I heard Bob mention that Monroe here was talking about "Holocausts."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 07:18 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

What I'd like to know is how he managed the weather changes that Bob alluded to. Because obviously he can't do it. Maybe one of the other twelve? Angela, perhaps?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 10:03 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Maybe Adam/Kensei is a mimic also. possibly he came into contact with a regenerator in the past and also has hiros power and others

I can understand how an immortal/regenerator can be behind the scenes and make things work for him(events and schemes), but really would the nightmare man and linderman really be afraid of him? or work for him, being a regenerator/immortal is not that scary or offensive enough

I can see the nightmare man trap him for eternity in a nightmare, and he's done...somthing is up with adam/Kensei

So i guess claire will not age, if we assume she and adam/kensei have the same power

Has it been proven that adam/kensei has a different power then claire?

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 03:18 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

So we're taking Bob's word as gospel now? Nice.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 03:27 PM
nmensfinest is currently offline Click here to Send nmensfinest a Private Message Find more posts by nmensfinest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Im sure Adam will do some damage... hes seen a lot in his time.. he has to be wise!

TGFwashere

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 04:28 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Adam Kensei really is Adam Monroe, and his only power is regeneration, then he should have appeared as he does in the picture of the twelve. Something doesn't quite add up there.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 04:30 PM
nmensfinest is currently offline Click here to Send nmensfinest a Private Message Find more posts by nmensfinest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nmensfinest
If Adam Kensei really is Adam Monroe, and his only power is regeneration, then he should have appeared as he does in the picture of the twelve. Something doesn't quite add up there.
Maybe he took the picture.

Also maybe he's been planing his revenge on Hiro for the past 300 years and that would definitely give him enough time to become an excellent strategist. You know the worst villains aren't the ones whose basis is power. Its mental advantage.

Can you even imagine what someone with a 300 year head start on becoming the ultimate bad would be capable of?

Also are we 100% sure he's a villain? He could have easily let go of the thing between him and Hiro over the sword smith's daughter after 300 years.

Yea we know it ain't that simple. lol

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 04:38 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Maybe he took the picture.

Nope, it's confirmed that Adam is one of the twelve (even better actually: one of the six), which is exactly what the picture depicts.

quote:
Also maybe he's been planing his revenge on Hiro for the past 300 years and that would definitely give him enough time to become an excellent strategist. You know the worst villains aren't the ones whose basis is power. Its mental advantage.

Can you even imagine what someone with a 300 year head start on becoming the ultimate bad would be capable of?

We can assume that he'd certainly be pretty wise after living for centuries, true, but at best, wisdom gained over the years displays diminishing returns. The age could prove to be more detrimental than anything, given living for all those years could well turn someone insane.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:18 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Nope, it's confirmed that Adam is one of the twelve (even better actually: one of the six), which is exactly what the picture depicts.
Either Adam is a thirteenth member or one of the members pictured is a fake.

And there are 8 left.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:32 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

Adam was one of the original 6, and it's been confirmed that there were only 12 by Heroes officials in interviews.

And I was referring to the original founding members when I said "one of the six."

There are a number of possible explanations, but all seem a bit too unlikely, and things don't appear to add up.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:40 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

So by the original 6, you mean The Petrellis, Maury, Linderman, Nakamura and Monroe? Gotcha.

And if the writers maintain that there are twelve and only twelve, then it stands to reason that one of those pictured is not actually a "twelver"

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:47 PM
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

When you factor in such things as illusions and shapeshifting, there's room for a lot of explanations. Plus, we don't even know that Adam Kensei is in fact Adam Monroe.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:49 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

When you factor in such things as illusions and shapeshifting, there's room for a lot of explanations. Plus, we don't even know that Adam Kensei is in fact Adam Monroe.
All of this buildup of "Who is Adam Monroe", the files, talk of egomania, god complex and whatnot, and then a character who we last saw as a bitter, twisted shell of a man driven by revenge shows up 300 years later and introduces himself as Adam?

Don't delude yourself. Kensei is Monroe.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:59 PM
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

The concept of red herrings, much?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 06:30 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The concept of red herrings, much?
I'm not great as a skeptic.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 06:40 PM
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

he's monroe imo. he could have done what sylar does. if sylar eats brains maybe kensei coulda figured it out. stolen an illusion. power. IMO a great explanation on why he looks diff in the picture

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 12:30 AM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

It's not clear that Kensei is Monroe? His power is cellular regeneration. Because of that, I'm pretty sure that he has some form of age retardation and can live for a very, VERY long time. Plus he still has that whole British accent.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 04:22 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prime#

I'm interested to see how the writers make Kensei a physical threat to the Heroes, I get that he can't die but whats to stop them from just TKing the crap out of him or something. I can't wait

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 05:22 AM
Prime# is currently offline Click here to Send Prime# a Private Message Find more posts by Prime# Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Does someone have a picture of the full picture of the 12?

because in kindness of strangers when they are looking at the picture... they dont show the guy in the bottom right corner... which could be him right?

TGFwashere

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 06:29 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Strangelove
So by the original 6, you mean The Petrellis, Maury, Linderman, Nakamura and Monroe? Gotcha.

And if the writers maintain that there are twelve and only twelve, then it stands to reason that one of those pictured is not actually a "twelver"

may be...

(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Does someone have a picture of the full picture of the 12?

because in kindness of strangers when they are looking at the picture... they dont show the guy in the bottom right corner... which could be him right?

actually, they don't fully show the woman in the top left corner... all we get it's half her face, but that's a woman and no Adam in drag..

(please log in to view the image)

there's an old man in the bottom right corner... either that is old Adam or, he was taking the picture... or he wasn't present at the time the picture was taken... maybe by then he was already locked up or in some other place...

...so, he holds this grudge for this long... why he didn't get rid of Hiro when he was a boy...or he didn't want to mess up space/time continuum until Hiro went to the past?... was Hiro supposed to go the past to begin with? or did Hiro actually changed the past by meeting Kensei?...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 06:10 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote