KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Hey whatever happened too?

Hey whatever happened too?
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

Hey whatever happened too?

Just saw the movie finally. It was okay. Had some cool moments, but it was basically what many of us feared: 70% humans, 30% transformers

With that said, some of them (mostly the decepticons) just disapear at the end of the movie

After all has been said and done......ROLL CALL!

Autobots-

Prime-seen at the end
Ratchet- seen at the end
Iron hide- seen at the end
Bumblebee- seen at the end
Jazz- died (Rant: could have been a good scene and a memorbable one, but he gets ripped in half by megatron in a freaking Wide shot? Well I guess thats the end of him)

Decepticons-

Megatron- I won't spoil who hasn't seen it
Scorponok-?????????
Barricade-??????
Helicopter(don't remember name)-I think I got took out by the army guys
Bonecrusher- I guess wasn't down with OP
Starscream-see end credits
frenzy- got capped (literaly)

So yeah what happened to Barricade and Scroponok?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 03:45 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

They're still out there. Probably hiding or doing some odd side mission for Starscream, it was left open.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 04:09 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

Scorponok lost part of his tail but managed to get away before the USAF guys got taken back to the U.S., so he's ok but MIA as far as we fleshlings are concerned.
Barricade could easily disappear (especially in the chaos of the final battle) and I assume that's just what he did. He would undoubtedly resurface and be an integral part of any Decepticon offensive in a sequel.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 02:40 PM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

They're both still alive along with Starscream.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 07:09 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

quote: (post)
Originally posted by badsymbiote
Scorponok lost part of his tail but managed to get away before the USAF guys got taken back to the U.S., so he's ok but MIA as far as we fleshlings are concerned.
Barricade could easily disappear (especially in the chaos of the final battle) and I assume that's just what he did. He would undoubtedly resurface and be an integral part of any Decepticon offensive in a sequel.

yeah but they didn't show it though.

So as it stands now, there is a hole (not the only one) in the story. Get the idea of sequel out of your heads guys, and just focus on the matter at hand.

They had two charcters just flat out disapear in the movie with no explanation. The smart thing is to do with what they did with starscream and illude that they got away, to fight another day. Thats all they had to do

But no, Barricade is last seen on the highway, then he's gone. Scorponok's hides in the sand, and the troops get his tail which could have led to something else, but its like they just forgot.

It just seems really sloppy to me.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 09:13 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

It's just bad plot loops.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 09:18 PM
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

I said "a sequel", not "the sequel". Also said "could" and "would", not "can" and "will". You see the difference, right?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 12:33 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I hope Barricade comes back, he was cool.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 05:39 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by badsymbiote

Barricade. He didn't look so integral in the big battle of this movie as he'd already split by then, so why assume he would have the cajones to be there in the sequel? The guy was a pussy when not intimidating/beating up on a human..

As for Frenzy.... Since when has decapitation been a problems for TFs to survive...? Apart from Frenzy earlier in the movie, and the bulk of the movie featuring Frenzy's decapitated head (THAT LATER MAGICALLY GROWS BACK ITS BODY!!!!!) scuttling around by itself.
Like Prime in both comic and cartoon, The Headmasters, Lord Straxus in the comic, Omega Supreme in 'The key to Vector Sigma', Bumblebee in UK and US comics. (rebuilt as Goldbug, admittedly)
So by that logic, we'll probably be in danger of seeing Frenzy Binks again in the sequel... sad

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Nov 1st, 2007 01:19 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
yeah but they didn't show it though.

So as it stands now, there is a hole (not the only one) in the story. Get the idea of sequel out of your heads guys, and just focus on the matter at hand.

They had two characters just flat out disapear in the movie with no explanation. The smart thing is to do with what they did with starscream and illude that they got away, to fight another day. Thats all they had to do

But no, Barricade is last seen on the highway, then he's gone. Scorponok's hides in the sand, and the troops get his tail which could have led to something else, but its like they just forgot.

It just seems really sloppy to me.

Yep. Just like Rachel Taylor and Anthony Anderson's characters.
If they were gonna be dumped after Hoover Dam, then why FFS did we have to spend half the frickin movie with them, inconsequential characters that they eventually were to the TF audience and arguabley, the plot...?

Both of those characters involvement could have been just as easily been:

Taylor in a 2-minute scene with John Voight's Keller.
Anthony Anderson's character was pointless.
Coulda had Rachel Taylor actually just solve the code, justifying the whole brilliant-young-mind-being-hired-by-the-NSA-thing.

Pooness.

Total pooness.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Nov 1st, 2007 at 01:31 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2007 01:28 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Optimus' decapitation was sweet.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2007 05:34 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Indeed. smile

Shockwave-mind-raping-Prime-for-the-matrix-tastic.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 04:42 PM
Scythe
The Goat

I think I read the actual comic of that happening.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 09:11 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

It was a great storyline.

Resulted in the birth of the Constructicons and Jetfire.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 04:16 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
It was a great storyline.

Resulted in the birth of the Constructicons and Jetfire.

Yeah! I remember something about Jetfire's origin. It was great!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 03:36 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of course if this movie had been based on the Beast Wars Era, it wouldn't have involved humans at all I don't think. I still say that would have been better.

Anyway.

I hate how the regular edition DVD came with a special Origins DVD and the Special Edition DVD didn't.

So you had to choose b/t the 2.

Was a hard choice. I stood there in the store deciding for quite a while.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:05 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by InnerRise
Of course if this movie had been based on the Beast Wars Era, it wouldn't have involved humans at all I don't think. I still say that would have been better.

Anyway.

I hate how the regular edition DVD came with a special Origins DVD and the Special Edition DVD didn't.

So you had to choose b/t the 2.

Was a hard choice. I stood there in the store deciding for quite a while.

Ah dude, the beginnings dvd is pure shit. It's pretty much a flash animated comic book. So gay! The special edition actually has stuff worth watching.

I for one bought the Target Exclusive 2-disc set. The dvd packaging transofmrs into Optimus Prime.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:19 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Anyway.

Yeah except that the TFs would then all suck...

Anyway.

stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 9th, 2007 02:58 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2007 07:23 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

And furthermore.... bunny

Old Post Nov 9th, 2007 08:08 PM