KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Major Jackson 'Jax' Briggs

Major Jackson 'Jax' Briggs
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Agreed as well. I'd like to see some more Michael Jae White as Jax too, particularly with the bionic arms since his original ones kinda became useless after his fight to the death with Kano, who I also loved in MK Legacy.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2011 11:56 PM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Trivia: Michael Jai White was originally tapped for the role of Jax in the 1st flick, but he did Spawn instead, and the role in the 2nd flick went to Williams the second time he refused. But seeing him in the webseries beating the holy hell out of Kano was badass.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 06:38 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Williams was all right. His Jax at least made Annihilation watchable even as terrible as the movie was, but with how small a role Jax had in the 1st film (never being seen again after Sonya went on that boat), it meant little to me on who played him there. You'd think he'd chase after Sonya on that boat or something.

But as for the webseries, yeah. Even the Kano they had was badass, though it went pretty downhill after the Johnny Cage episode.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 07:25 PM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Found this on Deviantart

(please log in to view the image)

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 12:48 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Williams was all right. His Jax at least made Annihilation watchable even as terrible as the movie was, but with how small a role Jax had in the 1st film (never being seen again after Sonya went on that boat), it meant little to me on who played him there. You'd think he'd chase after Sonya on that boat or something.

But as for the webseries, yeah. Even the Kano they had was badass, though it went pretty downhill after the Johnny Cage episode.

I gotta disagree. The one with Scorpion and Subzero was badass. Ironically, this is Ian Anthony Dale (who plays Scorpion in both Rebirth and Legacy) second time playing as a videogame character.

The first character he played? Kazuya Mishima in the blasphemous Tekken live action movie.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 12:51 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Found this on Deviantart

And they say fatalities can never be canon. roll eyes (sarcastic) Really though, Ermac's TK is beast.

I gotta disagree. The one with Scorpion and Subzero was badass. Ironically, this is Ian Anthony Dale (who plays Scorpion in both Rebirth and Legacy) second time playing as a videogame character.

The first character he played? Kazuya Mishima in the blasphemous Tekken live action movie.

The Scorpion and Subzero one was all right, especially the fighting, but I didn't really like the design they had for Scorpion's mask (at least compared to how they normally have it), or how they made pre-hell Scorpion a far too casual familyman. It's no wonder he first got killed by Bi-Han and then manipulated by Quan Chi.

Nice, didn't realize that. Hanzo Hasashi/Scorpion seemed far more promising in the Rebirth trailer though than he did in Legacy.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 01:58 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
And they say fatalities can never be canon. roll eyes (sarcastic) Really though, Ermac's TK is beast.

The Scorpion and Subzero one was all right, especially the fighting, but I didn't really like the design they had for Scorpion's mask (at least compared to how they normally have it), or how they made pre-hell Scorpion a far too casual familyman. It's no wonder he first got killed by Bi-Han and then manipulated by Quan Chi.

Nice, didn't realize that. Hanzo Hasashi/Scorpion seemed far more promising in the Rebirth trailer though than he did in Legacy.

In the Malibu comics, Jax gets the bionic implants after Baraka shreds his arms to the point that he can't use them anymore. And I gotta agree with you with the mask for Scorpion.

Oh, and technically, Bi-Han did not whack Hanzo in Legacy. That was Shang Tsung assuming the elder Subzero's form. Of course, Hanzo did not know that. Shame. His wife was hot. But gamewise, Bi-Han did leave Scorpion a head shorter (and missing a spine).

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 02:30 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

In the Malibu comics, Jax gets the bionic implants after Baraka shreds his arms to the point that he can't use them anymore. And I gotta agree with you with the mask for Scorpion.

Oh, and technically, Bi-Han did not whack Hanzo in Legacy. That was Shang Tsung assuming the elder Subzero's form. Of course, Hanzo did not know that. Shame. His wife was hot. But gamewise, Bi-Han did leave Scorpion a head shorter (and missing a spine).

Huh, were those the comics that were canon? Regardless, it's been forever since I've read any of the Malibu ones now (aside from some of the random cool scans I posted in various respect threads here), so I don't remember the Jax and Baraka thing at this point.

And yeah, I wasn't saying Bi-Han killed Scorpion in Legacy; was just referring to the games canon. Wasn't it Quan Chi (with the assistance of Shang Tsung) who morphed into elder Subzero and literally backstabbed Hanzo in Legacy though?
Scorpion's wife was prettier in that flashback scene in MK9 where Quan Chi showed Hanzo his family getting killed by Subzero (which needless to say, was not really him, but Scorpion believed the image Quan showed him anyway out of rage and did his toasty fatality, much to Raiden's displeasure).

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 10:43 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

When Quan Chi decides to screw with your head by showing you your soon-to-be dead wife and son, you would flip the fvck out too. Scorpion may have been a ninja, but he's a family man first. Gotta hand it to the baddies in MK. They are experts in psychological warfare. Zombies got both of them beat by a longshot.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 11:53 AM