KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman can defeat them all... Thor, Hulk, Gladiator, Hyperion, etc.

Superman can defeat them all... Thor, Hulk, Gladiator, Hyperion, etc.
Started by: ErnestManigoJr

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 33 34 [35]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jedi90
you know what, you're right. i just made all that stuff up.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresource...-copyright-faq/

Hope that was cleared? ^

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 01:10 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

still waiting on you guys to show something from DC publisher's that says superman being superboy is now canon.

anyways, lets get back on topic.

Superman as the teen in the LOSH days exists in the continuity. It should be clear without stating the obvious (calling him superboy).

That's a legal matter seperated from the fictional setting, you're getting caught up in the title (which DC still owns the trademark for), when it's besides the point.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Last edited by Allankles on Sep 1st, 2009 at 01:22 AM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 01:16 AM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

ah, but it does. so far we have 3 reboots (man of steel, birthright, secret origins) for supes. DC writers can't seem to stick with one. superboy is not included in most comic origins cause of the legal issues with the seigel's. if supes is depicted using his superman persona as boy he is now referred to as superman or just clark, no superboy. if they treat secret origins as they did birthright you're going to see another reboot just in time for another lame superman movie.

from john bryne:
http://www.byrnerobotics.com/FAQ/li...ook+Projects#32

still waiting on you guys to show something from DC publisher's that says superman being superboy is now canon.

anyways, lets get back on topic.

it doesn't, actually.

he's getting a new origin this year (secret origin), which will be definitive. that origin will take precedence over all others.

john byrne's stuff has been retconned away, including the origin, a long time ago.

if you'd read the comics, you'd have seen just how much legion stuff has been brought back in, including clark's involvement. just because they can't outright call him superboy doesn't mean he wasn't at one point.

also:

first of all you're posting pictures of non-continuity "all star superman" who absorbed an insane amount of solar energy that increased his powers 10 fold.

supes took a sun dip to move "that planet" warworld. otherwise he wouldn't be able to do it.

there's no proof he couldn't have. he didn't even get the sundip so he could move the planet. he got it so he could attack warworld's interior.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 01:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi90

Originally posted by Allankles
Superman as the teen in the LOSH days exists in the continuity. It should be clear without stating the obvious (calling him superboy).

That's a legal matter seperated from the fictional setting, you're getting caught up in the title (which DC still owns the trademark for), when it's besides the point.

scans of pre crisis superman as superboy were posted to insinuate that all those pre crisis feats are now canon because of an off series that made reference to the legion. superman has been rebooted 3 times so far and DC writers seem to be sticking to john bryne's official DC approved reboot version where there is no superboy, young superman, or superclark.

if the seigel's own the superboy copyright (i.e. his stories) then DC cannot make superman be superboy.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 01:53 AM
jedi90 is currently offline Click here to Send jedi90 a Private Message Find more posts by jedi90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

scans of pre crisis superman as superboy were posted to insinuate that all those pre crisis feats are now canon because of an off series that made reference to the legion. superman has been rebooted 3 times so far and DC writers seem to be sticking to john bryne's official DC approved reboot version where there is no superboy, young superman, or superclark.

if the seigel's own the superboy copyright (i.e. his stories) then DC cannot make superman be superboy.

no they aren't. they haven't stuck to byrne's superman since the mid 90s, at most.

he hasn't been rebooted three times.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 01:58 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi90

Originally posted by -Pr-
it doesn't, actually.

he's getting a new origin this year (secret origin), which will be definitive. that origin will take precedence over all others.

john byrne's stuff has been retconned away, including the origin, a long time ago.

if you'd read the comics, you'd have seen just how much legion stuff has been brought back in, including clark's involvement. just because they can't outright call him superboy doesn't mean he wasn't at one point.

also:

there's no proof he couldn't have. he didn't even get the sundip so he could move the planet. he got it so he could attack warworld's interior.

really? retconned by what? so far the only official retcon announced by DC was birthright which last i checked there was no superboy. DC retracted the birthright origin so that leaves bryne's. i can't wait for this latest reboot...........embarrasment

ok , show proof otherwise that he could have moved warworld.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 02:07 AM
jedi90 is currently offline Click here to Send jedi90 a Private Message Find more posts by jedi90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi90

no they aren't. they haven't stuck to byrne's superman since the mid 90s, at most.

he hasn't been rebooted three times.

bryne erased superboy from superman's history like i've been saying this whole time. the third reboot i am talking about is the one you mentioned.

here is the link from bryne talking about him keeping superboy out of continuity ...........................again

i guess i got all this from all those superman comics ya'll claim i dont read.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 02:12 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

really? retconned by what? so far the only official retcon announced by DC was birthright which last i checked there was no superboy. DC retracted the birthright origin so that leaves bryne's. i can't wait for this latest reboot...........embarrasment

ok , show proof otherwise that he could have moved warworld.

they've been using geoff johns' version for a while now. kal-el came to earth in a rocket sent by his parents shortly before krypton exploded. as a child he met mon-el, the legion, AND lex luthor. it's all been explored in the last few years worth of action comics.

he's moved objects bigger than warworld, so that would count.

bryne erased superboy from superman's history like i've been saying this whole time. the third reboot i am talking about is the one you mentioned.

here is the link from bryne talking about him keeping superboy out of continuity ...........................again

byrne did erase him, yes, but byrne has been overruled by geoff johns and several other writers since then, hence no matter what he says, what he did has been altered.

read modern superman comics, and you'd know.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 02:51 AM
Redwolf

Superman can take Thor, Hulk, and Hyperion in a one on one match. He can't if all of them are attacking him at the same time, unless some gimmick is thrown in.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 08:52 PM
Redwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Redwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Redwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

they've been using geoff johns' version for a while now. kal-el came to earth in a rocket sent by his parents shortly before krypton exploded. as a child he met mon-el, the legion, AND lex luthor. it's all been explored in the last few years worth of action comics.

he's moved objects bigger than warworld, so that would count.

byrne did erase him, yes, but byrne has been overruled by geoff johns and several other writers since then, hence no matter what he says, what he did has been altered.

read modern superman comics, and you'd know.
thumb up

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 03:02 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

and secret origin manages to hammer all those points home too...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 08:53 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Byrne's origin is out the window for the most part. Even counting the Byrne arc's that stayed in continuity, it's now known Clark had powers as a child again.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 11:29 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Originally posted by Premo
Both are debatable.

surfer takes supes most the time.

thor against supes would be a hell of a fight.

im saying 50/50

Last edited by zeel on Oct 4th, 2009 at 09:31 AM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 09:27 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

glad you asked. there are actually quite a few for each side.

DC

lobo
martian manhunter
capt. marvel
capt atom
green lantern

marvel

hulk
red hulk
silver surfer
dr. strange
thor
sentry
gladiator

superman should be able to beat everyone on the list except possibly surfer

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 01:28 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Squirrel Girl can murder Superman

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2009 06:14 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Squirrel Girl can murder Superman

assuming she doesn't come on to him like most of the women he meets...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 11th, 2009 05:17 PM