KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Poetry Contest THEME

What should our theme be?
This poll is closed.
"Think outside the box" 0 0%
Innovation 0 0%
Exploration 0 0%
Curiosity 0 0%
Mystery 2 11.76%
The exotic 3 17.65%
The power of the natural world 2 11.76%
The complexity of modern life 5 29.41%
Confusion 1 5.88%
Autumn/Fall & Hallowe'en 4 23.53%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Poetry Contest THEME
Started by: Syren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Dunno.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 09:47 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

I am quite busy at the moment. I'll make it before I go to Florida (Friday) but I'll be away until December 3rd.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Nov 12th, 2007 10:02 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Hey Syren, if you need a judge, I'll gladly judge. I don't think I'm going to participate in this contest.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 01:27 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Ok, I made a thread, and used the same rules from previous competitions.

We always gave it 3 weeks from the start date, so I did the same here.

If anyone has more suggestions, please post them here.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 04:41 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

I've had to write another one as my first I was going to submit did not meet the criteria for the agreed upon theme.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 10:12 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll try my best to get it done in time, though I have a university application to finish and also have to leave for Denmark in a few weeks. So I'm afraid I may not be able to enter, though I will try.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Nov 19th, 2007 11:14 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

If you do try your best, and it's not finished, your best is frankly pathetic.

Enter though, you suggested the theme. Wouldn't be right otherwise.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 12:45 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll do my best, to get something adequate together.

Nay son, 'tis not my theme, but the people's theme.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 01:24 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Th-that's what Nazi war criminals say.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 03:24 AM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 10:44 PM
Syren
dreaming

Thanks for making the thread lil, sorry I didn't get it done. I'm in Florida now (yes, I am visiting KMC whilst on holiday) but I thought I'd check in to see how the contest was going. Or, indeed, whether it had gone ahead at all smile

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 04:45 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

extended the deadline.

C'mon people

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 02:18 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

could be there aren't more because they have writer's block. or they're so inundated with the modernity of life they can't see their own noses from their face.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2007 04:54 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Or because people were never really interested in the first place - promises, promises!

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 09:56 PM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

oh shit i forgot all about the contest....to late to join?

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 10:05 PM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Syren
Or because people were never really interested in the first place - promises, promises!

I was true, though I never made a promise. We should trust that those who spoke of poetry will come through in the end.

Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
oh shit i forgot all about the contest....to late to join?

Not at all. Write and post quickly. You poem would be more then welcome.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 03:40 AM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Fëanor
could be there aren't more because they have writer's block. or they're so inundated with the modernity of life they can't see their own noses from their face.
Or they finally realized they suck after many posts of mine saying that a whole bunch of them suck.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 03:52 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

Or...they're in over their heads and have just come to realize their error?
Originally posted by Bardock42
Or they finally realized they suck after many posts of mine saying that a whole bunch of them suck.
Then that would give you power over them. Sad but true.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 04:29 PM
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by Bardock42

If you're actually pleased that you may have sabotaged the contest then you're more of a wanker than I first believed smile

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 01:28 PM
Bardock42

If you're actually pleased that you may have sabotaged the contest then you're more of a wanker than I first believed smile

Is that true now? smile

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 02:06 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote