KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S0207 - Out of Time

S0207 - Out of Time
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Okaaay...

1) On the current goal of the Heroes...

There is never just one collective goal; there are always many, individual goals. I'm not going to go into all of them, because it's not that hard to follow. A few include: Stopping The Bomb from destroying New York (everyone), stopping Sylar from killing more people (Mohinder, Hiro), disabling the Company's ability to track evolved humans (Bennet, Parkman, Ted), and ending connections with Mr. Linderman (Niki, DL). There are lots of other goals that happened in the first season. Just pay attention.

In the second season, we're currently dealing with the issue of whomever is killing the older generation of Heroes and the Company's messing around with the Shanti Virus.

2) On the issue of Mr. Bennet...

We know exactly what he wants. He wants to bring down the Company and to keep his family safe. He is doing it in whatever way he can.

3) On the issue of the Haitian...

...well, what about him? We don't know his connection to Angela Petrelli, though I'm assuming it has to do with the Company, but other than that...I don't see what there is to not understand about him.

4) With Hiro being in the past...

Hiro doesn't belong in the past. He is from 2006, not 1671. His presence had screwed up the time/space continuum; his hero, Takezo Kensei, turned out to be an alcoholic bum rather than a mighty warrior. A town that Kensei reputedly saved was burned to the ground. Whitebeard has ended up having firearms. Hiro wants to set everything right, though he can't help his emotions and ends up screwing things over more by falling in love with Kensei's 'princess.'

5) How did they get their powers? Evolution. Biology. Tada! It has something to do with the solar eclipse. Other than that, there's no real answer and one isn't needed.

6) Why do they keep adding 'stupid' characters? Because it's a television show. Originally, season two was going to have all new characters. No Hiro, no Peter, etc.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 01:24 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Also, if you haven't watched every episode, you're not going to understand anything.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 01:31 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
Yes, he did. When Nathan was strangling the deformed clone of himself, he was actually strangling Matt Parkman. From what I could tell, in the desperation of the situation, Matt broke through the illusion(?) by sending a thought to Nathan that basically said "Nathan, stop, it's me, Matt!" Not those words exactly, but something along those lines.

I don't remember telekinesis, though, nmensfinest.
no, he was reading the guard's thoughts, realized it was Nathan, and started yelling that this wasn't him....?

Maybe I'm wrong...

I'll watch the episode online and get back to you.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 01:52 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Captain REX
Also, if you haven't watched every episode, you're not going to understand anything.
Also, please spell things correctly. And only use 1 exclamation point.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 01:56 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

Originally posted by Strangelove
no, he was reading the guard's thoughts, realized it was Nathan, and started yelling that this wasn't him....?

Maybe I'm wrong...

I'll watch the episode online and get back to you.

what i saw was him reading the illusion. like his power manifested and it broke the illusion oin his side. he then proceeded to break the illusion on nathans side

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 01:57 AM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It looked like Matt sent the thought to me. There was a lot of that glitchy mind-reading noise when Matt said "Nathan, it's me!" and it didn't look like he was physically saying it.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 01:58 AM
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

It looked like Matt sent the thought to me. There was a lot of that glitchy mind-reading noise when Matt said "Nathan, it's me!" and it didn't look like he was physically saying it.

thats a lil bit what i mean. i mean that the power manifested in him that his dad used and he broke the mental state. he then did the samething to nathan

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 02:01 AM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Sparrow
Don

I've seen all the episodes i think or at least 95% because i missed some parts. I just don't understand somethings... i knew that Hiro is from the present and stuff like that but if they are all trying to save the world then it's ridiculous to go to the past? It would have been a terrible show if they would have had all knew characters too. And they already have a ton i see no reason why they added the brother and sister who met sylar. I think the show just needs to find one way and stick to it!

all it does is constantly have new things happen (Like when peter is suddenly in a deserted New York on the last episode) ...they need to just explain things once in a while...

not only that but wasn't the moto- "Save the cheerleader, Save the world"...? Well no one seems to be watching her in the 2nd season. (Other than Mr. Beanatt, who i'm pretty sure is evil...no way that guy is good, look at everything he's done...i think he just wants to protect Clarie for a specific reason...but i don't know why yet?)

What do you think about this...?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 02:36 AM
Darth Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You really need to watch the entire show all over again (as well as the parts you missed!) You make it sound as if they're an organization of super heroes out to save the world. Well, they're not. They're a bunch of people who are extraordinary.

Mr. Bennet, as we know, is not evil. His issue is moral ambiguity; he's doing wrong things with the right goal in mind.

The "Save the cheerleader, save the world" bit is done. They already did that; Peter saved her from Sylar mid-season.

They added the Herrera twins because they wanted new characters in the show because that's just how it works.

Hiro did not mean to go to the past; he did it by accident. And when he got there, he screwed up the time/space continuum. Do you understand that much?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 05:04 AM
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

he didnt screw up the space/time continuim. dont u understand, it already happened before he did it. therefore he has to do it right. he cant mess up. its THE PAST. therefore he already did it

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 06:19 AM
REXXXX
Networking

According to Hiro, he screwed it up. That's what matters.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 06:55 AM
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chickenlover98
he didnt screw up the space/time continuim. dont u understand, it already happened before he did it. therefore he has to do it right. he cant mess up. its THE PAST. therefore he already did it

The "Save the Cheerleader, Save The World" message from "Future" Hiro + "Present" Hiro's visit to the Dark Future resulted in the timeline changing and becoming original. Hiro time travelling back to Japan was a result dependant on these changes. Ergo, it's an entirely original event, and thus, the "Past" is now broken.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 04:51 PM
nmensfinest is currently offline Click here to Send nmensfinest a Private Message Find more posts by nmensfinest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Sparrow
Don

i know it's just a show but i'm pretty sure time travel is impossible...mainly because if it was possible someone would have shown up in the present right now and since no one has ever...then it could be concluded that it can't be done...otherwise it may be possible...but only if the world ended before a time machine was created and then we would never know...

but anyways...i hope tonights episodes has some good answers to who Mr. benett is and what's going on.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 10:54 PM
Darth Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

...but we already know who he is.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 11:55 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

According to Hiro, he screwed it up. That's what matters.

well thats not what i mean. hiro doesnt understand that since he's in the past, no matter what he does, its already happened. he made the stories of kensei. that was his doing. everything thats happening already happened. thats the way i see it

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 12:22 AM
Prime#

Not really, future Hiro changed history by warning Peter about Sylar

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 12:34 AM
Prime# is currently offline Click here to Send Prime# a Private Message Find more posts by Prime# Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by chickenlover98
well thats not what i mean. hiro doesnt understand that since he's in the past, no matter what he does, its already happened. he made the stories of kensei. that was his doing. everything thats happening already happened. thats the way i see it

No...

Hiro changed history by going back in time. Originally, he did not make the stories of Kensei. If he had not stayed in the past, the stories of Kensei would not have happened at all. Since he has stayed, he has created new stories that follow the original Kensei story, but with the addition of "Karp."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 01:14 AM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

few more hours smile

TGFwashere

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 02:58 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Sparrow
Don

what's with peter flip floping everywhere all the time? Why would he be doing that and how come kensei that died is with him all of a sudden? I don't like it when they do that crap at the end of episodes...

my question is how is Kensei have to do with saving the world?... who ever writes heroes must be smokin' somethin'!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 03:14 AM
The Big O
The Original O

All I have to say is that all of the answers are answered in tonight's and next weeks episodes of Heroes. This one was an amazing episode. Orgasmic IMO

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 03:16 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote