KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » The "Favorite/Most Recommended" Horror Movies Thread.

The "Favorite/Most Recommended" Horror Movies Thread.
Started by: S_W_LeGenD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

pumpkin head
session 9
Rabid
black Christmas
the descent

and of course CHUD

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 02:26 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tyranno-Chris
HI! My Name Is!

-Halloween Series (excluding 3)
-Jaws
-Psycho
-Firday The 13th Series (excluding number 1)
-Behind The Mask: Rise Of Leslie Vernon
-Scream Series
-Nightmare On Elm Street
-The Grudge
-I Know What You Did Last Summer (First 2)
-The Shining
-The Messengers

That's All I got so far!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 10:14 PM
Tyranno-Chris is currently offline Click here to Send Tyranno-Chris a Private Message Find more posts by Tyranno-Chris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tyranno-Chris
HI! My Name Is!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
1)Halloween Series
2)Ju-On Series
3)Saw series
4)Godzilla (Original Japanese version)
5)Night of The Living Dead (original)
6)CandyMan
7)Behind The Mask (Mostly a comedy...but its great)
8)Friday The Thirteenth (First only)
9)Dawn of The Dead (original)
10)Eraserhead (Some dont consider it horror, but I do...)

I think Godzilla is more of A Sci-Fi/Action.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 10:17 PM
Tyranno-Chris is currently offline Click here to Send Tyranno-Chris a Private Message Find more posts by Tyranno-Chris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

You recommended The Messengers?! that was such a let down, especially from the directors who brought us The Eye!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 10:57 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MildPossession
You recommended The Messengers?! that was such a let down, especially from the directors who brought us The Eye!

He recommended I Know What You Did Last Summer. I stopped reading after that!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 07:20 AM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Nightmare on elm street (First one) is another good one

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 08:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cropsy_is_god

Friday the 13th
Halloween
Hellraiser
Hellraiser 2
Candyman
The Shining
Nightmare on Elm St
Evil Dead
Jaws
August Underground's Mordum (Gore hounds only)

Of course im talking about the originals only **** any remakes.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 10:06 PM
cropsy_is_god is currently offline Click here to Send cropsy_is_god a Private Message Find more posts by cropsy_is_god Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Been out of the "scene" for awhile, any recommendations?

Hey folks, I've been busy with school and stuff over the last few years, and honestly I have not bothered watching alot of movies, all I've seen is a couple series. and to be honest I've not seen a proper horror movie for years.

So this other day I just got this urge to see some good horror movies.

But I don't know which once to watch, and im not about to do as I used to back 5 years ago or so, back then I just watched any horror film I could lay my hands on and just hoped it was good, I don't have time for that anymore.

So I am going to ask the proper folks in the KMC horror division for some recommendations smile

I would like to point out that I do not want any japanese horror movies, it just dosen't do it for me imafraid.

Anything else is very much appriciated, I like anything from sci-fi horror to good ol slashers smile

So name me some nice horror movies that have come out over the last 2-3 years big grin

P.S It's nice to see your still running these horror boards with passion BF! wink

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 08:40 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Descent

[REC]

Them/Ils

The Orphanage

Haute Tension

Inside - French horror

Martyrs - Don't know when it is out, but it has been given the highest rating possible in France(18+)
That is apparently like an NC-17 in America.

It might be to do with scenes of torture involving a child, read that somewhere.

Things like Irreversible got a lower rating of 16! So 16+ could see it in cinemas. So keep an eye out for release dates.

According to the filmmakers the violence in the film is no worse than in a lot of 16+ films that come out in France.

It's suppose to be good. There are some teaser trailers out at the moment but they don't give much away.

Okay?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 05:53 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah, that's pretty much everything.

I'd also say Funny Games. I know a lot of people, MP included, didn't like it. But I thought it was very strong and quite disturbing.

Also, for a more extreme experience, the August Underground films are worth a look.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 08:43 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Have you seen the original BackFire?

I think instead of giving the credit to the remake, people should watch the original first if you haven't seen the original. If you've seen the remake and want to see the original then you don't get the same effect, especially the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: rewind with the remote scene, first time I saw that in the original it made me really really angry that the villains could do that lol. Think the original deserves to have that effect instead of the remake.

Last edited by MildPossession on Jun 18th, 2008 at 10:26 PM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 10:23 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Are they actually any different? I've heard that they're identical outside of the actors and the language. And from what I understand the acting is better in the remake.

I'm going to see the original, though. I had them both on my netflix queue, but for some reason they sent the remake before the original.

Either way, I thought the American version was very strong, coming from someone who has not seen the original. I thought it was very powerful and eerie.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 10:54 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah it was more or less shot for shot.

I found the acting was mediocre from all the actors who played the family in the remake compared to the original.

Michael Pitt and his partner(forgotten his name in reality) were good though, but still found the two actors in the original more disturbing, it helped that I had never come across the actors before Funny Games.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 05:11 PM
Impediment
Endless

Moved to the Most "Recommended horror movies" thread. smile

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 09:43 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tyranno-Chris
HI! My Name Is!

Originally posted by deathbycorn
He recommended I Know What You Did Last Summer. I stopped reading after that!

i thought it was decent, nothing special though, but it kept me interested.
and the messengers was okay too, and my sisters liked it.

more recommendations:
silence of the lambs

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 09:10 AM
jinXed by JaNx

I like these threads where we can just come and say names of our most favorite horror movies with no particular reason. I know i always try to out do everyone else's lists. sometimes i feel as though i have succeeded but then some monkey sneaks a title past me that i forgot about.

I think if you are trying to get back into horror. You should watch, the Day of the Dead remake. If you do this you are guaranteed to enjoy the next horror movie you watch, unless of course it is darkness falls. I like to start with shit and work my way to gold. Gold always looks better after staring at shit for a few hours.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 02:55 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John-n.co.uk
Restricted

Account Restricted

what horror films do you recommend to watch ?

i enjoy the saw films and friday the 13th what other films would u recommend ?

out on dvd is ok but i'd prefer blu ray .

Last edited by John-n.co.uk on Sep 30th, 2008 at 02:56 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 02:53 PM
John-n.co.uk is currently offline Click here to Send John-n.co.uk a Private Message Find more posts by John-n.co.uk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just look around the horror board, there are lots of recommendation topics and topics on horror films.

Try Haute Tension/Switchblade Romance if you have not seen it yet.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 04:24 PM
jinXed by JaNx

american werewolf in London
Angel Heart
The believers
Ninth Gate
In the Mouth of Madness

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 11:46 PM
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here are some 'original' horror and thriller films. Stuff the classics.

May
Cube
Them
Inside
Identity
Edmond
Session 9
The Thing
Candyman
The Shining
From Beyond
Event Horizon
The Machinist
Jacob's Ladder

Old Post Oct 1st, 2008 12:01 AM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote