KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Trivia » The official "What's this Movie?" thread!

Title of the movie???
This poll is closed.
Title... 3 30.00%
Title..... 7 70.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The official "What's this Movie?" thread!
Started by: blckcandleflame

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (73): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

hmmmmm, doesnt sound familiar to me, but there's a bazillion geniuses here, so someone should be able to help you out. welcome to the forums!!!!!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 08:43 PM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Re: New member looking for a movie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ailurofile
Hi! I am a new member of the forum and I need to find out the title of a film which I partially saw on cable.

This was a war flick (WW2 Western Front) following an American unit in the winter of 1944. Some scenes I recall are:

-The unit crossing a shallow stream with steep banks and being ambushed by a panzer sitting on the opposite side.

- A flamethrower guy attacking an 88 emplacement on a hilltop and torching it (and some of the crew).

- The unit advancing through a forest and discovering they were in the middle of a minefield.

- There was a big, tall German NCO leading a group of enemy soldiers.
Looked like he spent a long time on the Eastern Front.

I think this must be a 90's era film and is similar to Saving Private Ryan in its graphic violence level. I did not recognize any of the actors.

Reminds me of "Saints And Soldiers".

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 01:46 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ailurofile

Saints and Sinners it is not...

Saints and Sinners is too recent to be the movie I am thinking of.

this was definitely a 90's film. Possibly predating Saving Pvt. Ryan.

Is there a database of war films on the web I could look at??

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 11:42 PM
Ailurofile is currently offline Click here to Send Ailurofile a Private Message Find more posts by Ailurofile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

There is Not Soundtrack.

Watch Near the End of the credits for all the songs / music used in the movie.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 05:48 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
plastic_pen

Thanks so much for responding!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 01:42 AM
plastic_pen is currently offline Click here to Send plastic_pen a Private Message Find more posts by plastic_pen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 09:43 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThroughStruggle

i want to know the name of a movie

I saw this a movie a few years ago and i dont remember much but this is what i know theres like 4 or 5 guys in tuxedo's and they rob a bank and for their get away car they get a bus and they try and make their way to mexico or somewhere but at the end the bus flips and basically everyone gets killed except the last guy has one bullet left and jumps from behind the bus and fires his gun and then gets killed and thiers this tough guy cop who i guess is like a total jerk and with the last bullet he gets the guy right between the eyes. I dont know anyone in it and the details arent perfect but if anyone know the name i would like to know thank you

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 02:21 AM
ThroughStruggle is currently offline Click here to Send ThroughStruggle a Private Message Find more posts by ThroughStruggle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakey200

Hello & Happy New Year.

Could you help me name a film please.

It must have been made some time around the early nineties. About a man who hid inside the walls of a Ladies apartment and tries to kill her at the end of the film.

I remember that in the apartment the window had a symbol of an 'eye' in it (Stain glass I believe)

I am afraid thats about all I know.

Can you help?

God Bless
Stuart

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 10:50 AM
wakey200 is currently offline Click here to Send wakey200 a Private Message Find more posts by wakey200 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I saw this movie and I don't know what the actors names are but I remember exactly what happens. This man is on the road and this evil truck driver starts chasing him and following him, one off the scenes is him seeing a broken down bus and trying to help push them back on the road but then he sees evil truck guy coming and his bumper on his car is stuck under the bus bumper and he eventually gets lose and rives off and then truck guy pulls over to help the bus. It ends with the truck going off a cliff and crashing.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 10:02 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twnsprng

trying to identify title of a 1990's hilarious comedy about a role playing game instr

I'm looking for the title of a hilarious comedy from the 1990's in which the instructions for a role playing game are received by the wrong person who thinks they are real and goes about following them as if they were real. Any ideas? Thanks, twnsprng

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 12:12 AM
twnsprng is currently offline Click here to Send twnsprng a Private Message Find more posts by twnsprng Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

No idea, though any potential dungeon master would do well to head down to the role playing forums. They might posses the knowledge you seek. Or the TV forum.

The welcome forum is no good for such quests big grin

Still, welcome and all.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 04:58 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Originally posted by steverules
I saw this movie and I don't know what the actors names are but I remember exactly what happens. This man is on the road and this evil truck driver starts chasing him and following him, one off the scenes is him seeing a broken down bus and trying to help push them back on the road but then he sees evil truck guy coming and his bumper on his car is stuck under the bus bumper and he eventually gets lose and rives off and then truck guy pulls over to help the bus. It ends with the truck going off a cliff and crashing.

Anybody...........?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 01:19 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Originally posted by steverules

The only movie I can think of is Duel.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 03:59 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Yeah thats it, I just went on google typed it in and that is it. Thanx

Last edited by steverules on Jan 4th, 2006 at 06:25 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 06:20 PM
anthonystop18

lightning jack

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 06:32 PM
anthonystop18 is currently offline Click here to Send anthonystop18 a Private Message Find more posts by anthonystop18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

What?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 06:36 PM
Ailurofile

RE: Unknown WW2 film

After additional research, I think I found the title I was looking for. It appears to be "When Trumpets Fade". As I suspected, it was released prior to Saving Ryan's Privates and was probably co-opted by Spielberg.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:38 PM
Ailurofile is currently offline Click here to Send Ailurofile a Private Message Find more posts by Ailurofile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peggytapia

Name of Movie

Does anyone know the name of a movie, about 12-15 years ago, where the world is inhabited with aliens that look like humans, unless you put on sunglasses, then you can see they are aliens?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 11:21 PM
peggytapia is currently offline Click here to Send peggytapia a Private Message Find more posts by peggytapia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Merging with "what's this movie" thread.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 11:23 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Dusty on Jan 9th, 2006 at 11:29 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 11:26 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote