KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Trivia » The official "What's this Movie?" thread!

Title of the movie???
This poll is closed.
Title... 3 30.00%
Title..... 7 70.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The official "What's this Movie?" thread!
Started by: blckcandleflame

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (73): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
blackgypsy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by minz_8104
IM TRYING TO FIND OUT THE TITLE TO THIS MOVIE FOR MY BROTHER. HE THINKS IT WAS MADE IN THE 80;S AND ITS PLOT GOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

A GROUP OF KIDS(SCHOOL CLASS) KIDNAPPED AND HELD HOSTAGE BY A MEN WHO WEAR MASKS TO KEEP FROM SEEING THERE FACES. ONE OF THE MASKS HE SAID WAS RONALD REAGAN AND ANOTHER HE THINKS MIGHT HAVE BEEN A PIG/HOG, AND THEN MAYBE A DUCK MASK. THATS ALL HE CAN REALLY REMEMBER ABOUT THE FILM, CAN YOU HELP US

I know the movie you're talking about but can't remember the name.I do remember that Sissy Spacek was the teacher.I hope that helps.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 02:08 PM
blackgypsy is currently offline Click here to Send blackgypsy a Private Message Find more posts by blackgypsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
minz_8104

Originally posted by blackgypsy
I know the movie you're talking about but can't remember the name.I do remember that Sissy Spacek was the teacher.I hope that helps.
Yeah I found out the name, its was Fortress(1986). There is another movie out there with the same title, so if ya wanna see it make sure its the right one.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 07:32 PM
minz_8104 is currently offline Click here to Send minz_8104 a Private Message Find more posts by minz_8104 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
minz_8104

Originally posted by hd1340
I am trying to find someone who knows the title of a movie I saw many years ago, around the early 1990s. It was a thriller about computers. I believe it started with a young kid getting a computer disk in the mail. When he installed it, I think he got sucked into the computer (kinda like a virtual reality thing). It was a great movie and I would love to get my hands on it. The ending had a twist - very unexpected.

I can remember the aisle it was in at the movie rental place so the title begins with a letter in the beginning of the alphabet if that helps.

I don't even know where to begin searching and this is driving me crazy!!

Sound familiar to anyone?
Could it be Brainscan

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 07:34 PM
minz_8104 is currently offline Click here to Send minz_8104 a Private Message Find more posts by minz_8104 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i thought it was brainscan aswell wink

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 08:17 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SALES

Question old under water movie question

does anyone know the title to this old movie? a cruise ship sank during the war in about 80 feet of water. Most of the passengers survived, living on the ship underwater.They were able to make their own food, water, air, etc. They didnt know how deep they were.They thought the Americans lost the war. They were under there for 30 or so years before a salvage team years later discovered the sunken ship. the people were still alive and not all wanted to come up to the surface. In one scene a diver was removing crustation from a portal window, when it fell away there was a little girl standing there looking out at him, they both got scared. Nobody beleived the little girl when she told them. I dont know when it was made, but i watched it back in the early eighties, and it seamed old then.thanks.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 09:02 PM
SALES is currently offline Click here to Send SALES a Private Message Find more posts by SALES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

I haven't seen 'Brainscan' but I know the review sounds just like the movie described.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 12:04 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rahrahdonson

Question Movie I can't recall much of but loved growing up

I feel so lame not knowing anything about this movie. I recall watching it on the Disney channel as a young child oh let's say between '93 and '98. Its a christmas film if i'm not mistaken...a kid builds a snow man that has almost liberty spikes who talks to him...about what i don't recall exactly. I have also looked on the web and have found nothing as of yet. I am possitive its from the 80's but can't recall the name...I think the snowman's name started with a Z? the kid was depressed because winter would soon be over and his snowman/new found best friend was going to melt. ANY help would very much be appreciated...Thank you!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2006 12:28 PM
rahrahdonson is currently offline Click here to Send rahrahdonson a Private Message Find more posts by rahrahdonson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LabMonkey

Re: romantic movie

Originally posted by Pammy
Ok, I only know the plot of this movie and I think it was one of those films made for tv.

It is set in a small town in the old english times where girls wore puffy dresses etc.

A girl falls in love with the towns priest and they see eachother secretly. She ends up falling pregnant to him and there is a major drama when the townspeople find out because her husband is away at war. They demand to know who the father is but she never tells. There is one scene where she walks down the street and everyone is mocking her, throwing things at her etc. and she looks up at the priests house where he is standing in his window and watching it all happening and its all very sad.

The townspeople put her in jail and she actually gives birth in jail, then they tell her that they will kill her unless she tells them who the father is. The day that they are going to kill her, the priest visits her to give her the final blessing, but confesses his love and says lots of nice things to her and decides to tell everyone that he is the father. In the end they runaway together and leave the town and live happily ever after!

Any help on actors names or anything would be fantastic. thanks.

Thornbirds??????

Old Post Mar 4th, 2006 07:52 AM
LabMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send LabMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by LabMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Saphira
Master of all...

I reckon it's Jack Frost.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2006 08:36 PM
Saphira is currently offline Click here to Send Saphira a Private Message Find more posts by Saphira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whyme

i saw this on lifetime eye of the somthing not sure

Originally posted by wakey200
Hello & Happy New Year.

Could you help me name a film please.

It must have been made some time around the early nineties. About a man who hid inside the walls of a Ladies apartment and tries to kill her at the end of the film.

I remember that in the apartment the window had a symbol of an 'eye' in it (Stain glass I believe)

I am afraid thats about all I know.

Can you help?

God Bless
Stuart

Old Post Mar 6th, 2006 06:10 PM
whyme is currently offline Click here to Send whyme a Private Message Find more posts by whyme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lewis59

I'm trying to figure out the name of an old movie

Ok, I saw this on TV about 12 years ago. I don't know if it was a movie or an episode in a series. Anyway, I was young, but here's what I remember about the movie....

In the beginning of the movie, this woman has 2 baby boys, I believe they were outside on a blanket, the phone rings, the mother goes to answer it, she comes back and one of her babies have been kidnapped. When the kids get older, I think the end up becoming friends for a short while in high school or something (not knowing they're brothers). Anyway, the one boy invites the kidnapped boy over for dinner one day, and he comes over. Somehow they end up in an argument during the movie, and he tells the kidnapped boy to leave. Later I think he finds out that he was his brother.

This is all I can remember, but it was a very good show/episode....
And I would really appreciate if anybody could help me figure out what it is.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 08:02 AM
Lewis59 is currently offline Click here to Send Lewis59 a Private Message Find more posts by Lewis59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormtrooper501
Bounty Hunter

Originally posted by blackgypsy
It sounds like Tron.Try that.If not,I have no clue.

If it's not "Tron", try "The Net".

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 07:22 PM
stormtrooper501 is currently offline Click here to Send stormtrooper501 a Private Message Find more posts by stormtrooper501 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

It is certainly not The Net.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 07:43 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
catern

Murder Movie

Howdy one and all. The wife and I are trying to find out the name of a movie with Brian Dennehy or Richard Crenna as a Detective. The bad guy hides in an apartment by "painting himself into the brick wall". He terrorizes a young coed.
That's all we can recall, but we would sure like some help finding this movie.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 01:17 AM
catern is currently offline Click here to Send catern a Private Message Find more posts by catern Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

What movies are these?

Attachment: q8.jpg
This has been downloaded 116 time(s).

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 11:21 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Attachment: q14.jpg
This has been downloaded 121 time(s).

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 11:22 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angel28
Wolves did it.

Hey Myth the first pic is "Event Horizon" and sorry can't help with the second pic.

Where'd they find you? floating in the atlantic blowing water out the top of ur head.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 02:57 PM
angel28 is currently offline Click here to Send angel28 a Private Message Find more posts by angel28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bungee_toad

Originally posted by steverules
Anybody...........?

Im probably wrong but ill take a guess.....joyride maybe....i didnt see all the movie som im probably wrong

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 08:47 PM
Bungee_toad is currently offline Click here to Send Bungee_toad a Private Message Find more posts by Bungee_toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bungee_toad

Re: I'm trying to figure out the name of an old movie

Originally posted by Lewis59
Ok, I saw this on TV about 12 years ago. I don't know if it was a movie or an episode in a series. Anyway, I was young, but here's what I remember about the movie....

In the beginning of the movie, this woman has 2 baby boys, I believe they were outside on a blanket, the phone rings, the mother goes to answer it, she comes back and one of her babies have been kidnapped. When the kids get older, I think the end up becoming friends for a short while in high school or something (not knowing they're brothers). Anyway, the one boy invites the kidnapped boy over for dinner one day, and he comes over. Somehow they end up in an argument during the movie, and he tells the kidnapped boy to leave. Later I think he finds out that he was his brother.

This is all I can remember, but it was a very good show/episode....
And I would really appreciate if anybody could help me figure out what it is.

i belive this is deep end of the ocean...except this came out 7 years ago...not 12

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 08:49 PM
Bungee_toad is currently offline Click here to Send Bungee_toad a Private Message Find more posts by Bungee_toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by angel28
Hey Myth the first pic is "Event Horizon" and sorry can't help with the second pic.

Yeah, I figured that out. I kept thinking Sphere for some reason. Similar stories IMO. Thanks though.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 11:55 PM