KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Trivia » The official "What's this Movie?" thread!

Title of the movie???
This poll is closed.
Title... 3 30.00%
Title..... 7 70.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The official "What's this Movie?" thread!
Started by: blckcandleflame

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (73): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
klondike

Hope someone can help. I saw a movie when I was a kid in the early to mid-80's perhaps. There was a scavenger hunt type of contest going on, but in the end, everyone had to weigh in their entries, so maybe the point was to actually accumulate the enough things to weigh the most?? Not sure. Anyway in the end, the bad guy, perhaps through cheating, had the most, and so all the other teams combined their entries to see if they could beat him. Alas, they were still short, until out of nowhere, a guy in a knight's armor staggers to their pile of crap, falls over, and thus pushes the good guys over the needed weight threshold just in the nick of time. This was one of those zany 80's comedies, possibly with an ensemble cast, in the same vein as Cannonball Run. Ring a bell for anyone?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 05:42 AM
klondike is currently offline Click here to Send klondike a Private Message Find more posts by klondike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furious_angel4u

JACK

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Talking_Owl
What's that movie with Robin Williams where he plays a boy with a growth disorder(you know, he looks 30 when he's only actually 15). I was trying to reference it today, but couldn't come up with the name.

JACK

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 03:10 AM
furious_angel4u is currently offline Click here to Send furious_angel4u a Private Message Find more posts by furious_angel4u Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furious_angel4u

Originally posted by minz_8104
Yeah I found out the name, its was Fortress(1986). There is another movie out there with the same title, so if ya wanna see it make sure its the right one.

i dont htink sissy spacek was the teacher though think it was some other chick

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 03:39 AM
furious_angel4u is currently offline Click here to Send furious_angel4u a Private Message Find more posts by furious_angel4u Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bonlives

Question For The Love Of Gad_please Help!

I need help with the title of a movie. I would say it was made in '86 or '87. All I can remember is the awesome music at the end and one scene.
There is a black guy who for some reason had to dress up as a woman at some point in the film. The scene I remember is him on a date and he forgot the fake fingernails that he had on. He puts his hands under the table and rips them off one by one while trying to look like he's listening to his date.
It seems that the premise was that he was a friend of a white guy trying to make it in the music business. Please help if you can. This one has been driving my crazy for years!
The song at the end is a live performance of the white guy. All I know about the song is some lyrics that I have searched the web for to no avail.
Rock revival, how we've been mislead. Say goodbye to disco rockin is the best. Rock revival. So put it back where it belongs it's the only kind of song for me.

Please help!
Thanks,
Bonlives evil face

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 11:06 PM
bonlives is currently offline Click here to Send bonlives a Private Message Find more posts by bonlives Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertsta

Can anyone help me? I am trying to find the name of a movie i have never seen before but have wanted to see it. I always thought it was called "the crop" but it appears not! Well all i remember seeing in the ads was a bunch of friend's moving onto a deserted island and growing a huge crop of marijuana or somthing on the same line's. Does anyone know or heard of this movie? Thanks.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 11:00 AM
qwertsta is currently offline Click here to Send qwertsta a Private Message Find more posts by qwertsta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angel28
Wolves did it.

It sonuds a bit like "The Beach". They don;t grow their marijuana, they find a huge crop of it.

Where'd they find you? floating in the atlantic blowing water out the top of ur head.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 07:17 AM
angel28 is currently offline Click here to Send angel28 a Private Message Find more posts by angel28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertsta

Nah it's not the beach but that's still a good movie big grin

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 11:49 AM
qwertsta is currently offline Click here to Send qwertsta a Private Message Find more posts by qwertsta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

First time I've had to use this, hoping someone can help me out with the name of a movie that I saw awhile back.

I believe it starred Beau Bridges or someone who looks like Beau Bridges with a light beard who plays the role of an art teacher who draws nudes. He has a female student who poses for him and also sleeps with him. Meanwhile his wife is cheating on him with one of his male students.

Interesting note, I remember a scene in a car where Bridges' character and his male student are driving down a road and that trashy song by Khia 'My neck my back' song is playing and the kid goes to turn it off and he says leave it, I like it.

I'm almost positive it's Beau Bridges but every time I try to look it up on IMBD I come up with nothing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 10:02 AM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

Re: what is this movie?

Originally posted by blackgypsy
I saw this when I was about 8 years old.My mother was watching it and I kept hiding behind a chair.There was this woman who inherited her aunt's house.She moved in it with her husband.She started seeing these little creatures but no one else could see them.In the end they were dragging her down the basement stairs and she was clicking pictures with the camera because they didn't like the light.They dragged her into a hole or something.That's all I remember but I'd really like to see it again.Any suggestions?

It sounds like dont be afraid of the dark its other title is nightmare. Its very rare but You might find a copy like I did wink

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 05:53 PM
thegreatrudini is currently offline Click here to Send thegreatrudini a Private Message Find more posts by thegreatrudini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

Ok heres a hard one for you.

I remember seeing a film when i was a kid it have vincent price in but not sure if it was just a cameo or a staring role. All I can remember is it was set in this big house (no not house on haunted hill) strange things start happening I think everyone starts getting picked off. The let a young couple in because there car breaks down or something. The young couple end up getting poisened and die. A secret room is found wich has human nail scratches on, from what they descover a man has been shut in there all his life and now hes out on the rampage. From what i can remember all the killings and stuff wer a hoax in the end. Any ideas?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 06:48 PM
thegreatrudini is currently offline Click here to Send thegreatrudini a Private Message Find more posts by thegreatrudini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
oceanlover1

Worried I can't remember the title

Well it's about three siblings that wish their mother away and the next morining they wake up and can't find her. They go to this place that has mothers for rent. They get three coins and after they run out of coins they can't come back. The three mothers are all played by the same lady just dressed up differently. They go through three mothers, first is a rich woman than that doesn't work out. They give her back and get another one who is outdoors lady, then she doesn't work out so they give her back. Then the last lady is a clown and she doesn't work out eaither. So they run out of coins and try to steal some so they can try more times to get a mother. They get kicked out and when they try to go back the place dissapears. They go to a place that they used to visit with their mother and they all wish for her back because they realize how much they miss her. The next moring the mom is back, but she doesn't realize that she has been gone.

I think it was int he 90's but i cant remember

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 06:20 AM
oceanlover1 is currently offline Click here to Send oceanlover1 a Private Message Find more posts by oceanlover1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
adscrawler

Originally posted by RZA
First time I've had to use this, hoping someone can help me out with the name of a movie that I saw awhile back.

I believe it starred Beau Bridges or someone who looks like Beau Bridges with a light beard who plays the role of an art teacher who draws nudes. He has a female student who poses for him and also sleeps with him. Meanwhile his wife is cheating on him with one of his male students.

Interesting note, I remember a scene in a car where Bridges' character and his male student are driving down a road and that trashy song by Khia 'My neck my back' song is playing and the kid goes to turn it off and he says leave it, I like it.

I'm almost positive it's Beau Bridges but every time I try to look it up on IMBD I come up with nothing.

Any thoughts?

could be they

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 01:20 PM
adscrawler is currently offline Click here to Send adscrawler a Private Message Find more posts by adscrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
oceanlover1

quote:
the movie is about three siblings that wish their mother away and the next morining they wake up and can't find her. They go to this place that has mothers for rent. They get three coins and after they run out of coins they can't come back. The three mothers are all played by the same lady just dressed up differently. They go through three mothers, first is a rich woman than that doesn't work out. They give her back and get another one who is outdoors lady, then she doesn't work out so they give her back. Then the last lady is a clown and she doesn't work out eaither. So they run out of coins and try to steal some so they can try more times to get a mother. They get kicked out and when they try to go back the place dissapears. They go to a place that they used to visit with their mother and they all wish for her back because they realize how much they miss her. The next moring the mom is back, but she doesn't realize that she has been gone.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2006 02:28 PM
oceanlover1 is currently offline Click here to Send oceanlover1 a Private Message Find more posts by oceanlover1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

Originally posted by adscrawler
could be they

what? confused Is that the title?

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 04:00 AM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DudeCrush

Im trying to find this movie... I thought it was called Agent Orange, but i have not been able to track it down under that name. Obviously its a vietnam war movie. About a guy whose platoon is given a drug and they all go spycho and start shooting everything. He is shot, and the rest of the movie plays out while he is being carried back to the medical base. He lives out the rest of his life while they are carrying him back, and dies at the end of the movie on the stretcher in nam....

Any ideas????
Thanks

Last edited by DudeCrush on Apr 6th, 2006 at 04:03 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 04:01 PM
DudeCrush is currently offline Click here to Send DudeCrush a Private Message Find more posts by DudeCrush Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

I thought it might of been jacobs ladder but i dunno now

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 07:38 PM
DudeCrush

yesssss, i believe you are right!
thanks

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 05:33 AM
DudeCrush is currently offline Click here to Send DudeCrush a Private Message Find more posts by DudeCrush Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

Originally posted by thegreatrudini
Ok heres a hard one for you.

I remember seeing a film when i was a kid it have vincent price in but not sure if it was just a cameo or a staring role. All I can remember is it was set in this big house (no not house on haunted hill) strange things start happening I think everyone starts getting picked off. The let a young couple in because there car breaks down or something. The young couple end up getting poisened and die. A secret room is found wich has human nail scratches on, from what they descover a man has been shut in there all his life and now hes out on the rampage. From what i can remember all the killings and stuff wer a hoax in the end. Any ideas?

noone know this 1 then? sad

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 05:36 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Re: I can't remember the title

Originally posted by oceanlover1
Well it's about three siblings that wish their mother away and the next morining they wake up and can't find her. They go to this place that has mothers for rent. They get three coins and after they run out of coins they can't come back. The three mothers are all played by the same lady just dressed up differently. They go through three mothers, first is a rich woman than that doesn't work out. They give her back and get another one who is outdoors lady, then she doesn't work out so they give her back. Then the last lady is a clown and she doesn't work out eaither. So they run out of coins and try to steal some so they can try more times to get a mother. They get kicked out and when they try to go back the place dissapears. They go to a place that they used to visit with their mother and they all wish for her back because they realize how much they miss her. The next moring the mom is back, but she doesn't realize that she has been gone.

I think it was int he 90's but i cant remember

Trading Mom.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2006 07:01 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

Originally posted by RZA

Any thoughts?

So no one knows this one then?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 05:33 AM