KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Trivia » The official "What's this Movie?" thread!

Title of the movie???
This poll is closed.
Title... 3 30.00%
Title..... 7 70.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The official "What's this Movie?" thread!
Started by: blckcandleflame

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (73): « First ... « 69 70 [71] 72 73 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
k&k50

Imaginary hobos movie???

Hello,

Being new, I started to read all the messages in this thread, then noticed that some of the questions I was replying to were asked back in 2006. Then some of the questions started making me go nuts because I remembered movies like the ones described and then could not think of those movies.

I have been trying to find the title to a movie for about a year now.

It is about an elderly widow whose husband was in the railroad biz. She is living alone now and is dillusional. Her life keeps getting upset by these two hobo women dressed in black Charlie Chapin like clothes. At first it is not clear the the Hobos are imaginary. She hides money in a bunch of books and keeps loosing her keys. She blames all her trouble on these Hobos. Her neighbor, a lovely, younger black women is a vegetarian. The neighbor brings her dinners and the widow always complains about the bad food. The widow tells stories about the rail road days and her life with her deceased husband.

Later, a long lost relative comes and tries to get the widow to sell all her belongings. The young women who I thought was played by Sarah Jessica Paker is an antique dealer and tries to put a monetary value on all the widow's belongings without raising her suspicions too much.

The Hobos take her car and crash it in the lawn. The widow talks about selling goldfish during the depression. The antique dealer and black neighbor smoke on the sidewalk hiding their vices from the widow. The widow always answers her door with a small handgun which she theatens to use all the time. The widow falls at one point and blames the hobos for pushing her and tripping her. Her house in on a corner lot in (I bleieve) an old part of N. California--possible by San Francisco.

The black actress is similar to Alfre Woodard. The widow is someone like Patricia Neal. One of the women hobos is heavy-set and the other is thin. The thin hobo is just like Joan Cussack. (I have even searched for Joan C. look alike actresses.) And the last thing is this nagging memory that the title of the movie is two women names--something like Benny and June, Ruby and Beth ----- argh. Please help!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 10:44 PM
k&k50 is currently offline Click here to Send k&k50 a Private Message Find more posts by k&k50 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
winky420

Re: Imaginary hobos movie???

quote: (post)
Originally posted by k&k50
Hello,

Being new, I started to read all the messages in this thread, then noticed that some of the questions I was replying to were asked back in 2006. Then some of the questions started making me go nuts because I remembered movies like the ones described and then could not think of those movies.

I have been trying to find the title to a movie for about a year now.

It is about an elderly widow whose husband was in the railroad biz. She is living alone now and is dillusional. Her life keeps getting upset by these two hobo women dressed in black Charlie Chapin like clothes. At first it is not clear the the Hobos are imaginary. She hides money in a bunch of books and keeps loosing her keys. She blames all her trouble on these Hobos. Her neighbor, a lovely, younger black women is a vegetarian. The neighbor brings her dinners and the widow always complains about the bad food. The widow tells stories about the rail road days and her life with her deceased husband.

Later, a long lost relative comes and tries to get the widow to sell all her belongings. The young women who I thought was played by Sarah Jessica Paker is an antique dealer and tries to put a monetary value on all the widow's belongings without raising her suspicions too much.

The Hobos take her car and crash it in the lawn. The widow talks about selling goldfish during the depression. The antique dealer and black neighbor smoke on the sidewalk hiding their vices from the widow. The widow always answers her door with a small handgun which she theatens to use all the time. The widow falls at one point and blames the hobos for pushing her and tripping her. Her house in on a corner lot in (I bleieve) an old part of N. California--possible by San Francisco.

The black actress is similar to Alfre Woodard. The widow is someone like Patricia Neal. One of the women hobos is heavy-set and the other is thin. The thin hobo is just like Joan Cussack. (I have even searched for Joan C. look alike actresses.) And the last thing is this nagging memory that the title of the movie is two women names--something like Benny and June, Ruby and Beth ----- argh. Please help!

Do you know roughly when it was made?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2011 05:05 AM
winky420 is currently offline Click here to Send winky420 a Private Message Find more posts by winky420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k&k50

Re: Imaginary hobos movie???

I do not when the movie was made. When I watched it a few years ago, it seemed contemporary.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2011 05:23 PM
k&k50 is currently offline Click here to Send k&k50 a Private Message Find more posts by k&k50 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colorofthehippo

I know this sounds stupid but I remember when I was a child there was this movie about little babies/toddlers that were secret agents and genuises. I have tried for forever to look for it and its not Baby Genuises.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2011 05:34 AM
colorofthehippo is currently offline Click here to Send colorofthehippo a Private Message Find more posts by colorofthehippo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NeoGills
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hope that some of these suggestions work for you

Old Post Nov 16th, 2011 03:54 PM
NeoGills is currently offline Click here to Send NeoGills a Private Message Find more posts by NeoGills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidify

I'm looking for the name of a film but I doesn't come to mind. It's a movie that divers constantly go really deep under the water (using a steal cable to brings them directly down/up) in the ocean on a stable dock in order to gather specimens or look at sharks (I can't really remember). They go down with diving gear and pressured air shells on their backs. The plot thickens when one of them dies because he goes too deep for too long and he runs out of oxygen.

It's NOT any of the following I have already checked them:

Open Water
Deep Blue Sea
Into the Blue
Black Water

The film was probably released around the late 1990s.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 06:28 AM
Solidify is currently offline Click here to Send Solidify a Private Message Find more posts by Solidify Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheMadcow

Originally posted by steverules
I saw this movie and I don't know what the actors names are but I remember exactly what happens. This man is on the road and this evil truck driver starts chasing him and following him, one off the scenes is him seeing a broken down bus and trying to help push them back on the road but then he sees evil truck guy coming and his bumper on his car is stuck under the bus bumper and he eventually gets lose and rives off and then truck guy pulls over to help the bus. It ends with the truck going off a cliff and crashing.

It's called Duel. It was Stephen Spielberg's first movie.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 12:53 AM
TheMadcow is currently offline Click here to Send TheMadcow a Private Message Find more posts by TheMadcow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheMadcow

Originally posted by animanga24
I saw the trailer of a movie once, and I really wanted to see it; too bad I can't remember the movie title. Help me out? I'll decribe the trailer.

There is a brunette man and a blond woman with a short haircut, they're married. They are in a city park with their dog, I think I recall that it is a german shepard. They are playing fetch, and the tennis ball that the man throws goes into a tunnel kinda far away. They wait for the dog to come back, but soon hear the dog whine, then bark, but is quickly silenced. The man goes in after the dog, but never comes out. There was two african american men who took the dog and killed the man. Meanwhile, the woman is devastated from the loss of her husband and her beloved pet. Though, she's hardened now, and carries a pistol in fear of another encounter like that again.

Coincidentally, the two men encounter her again, in a dimly lit subway station. They are all alone, and the taller one takes out a curved, serrated nine inch blade and places it right above her left ear, slowly moving it but not yet making a move to chop it off. XP He mutters under his breath,"...like taking candy from a baby...." Suddenly, the woman takes out the gun, shoves the cold metal tip of the pistol hard against his stomach, (I think she mutters,"not again", but i'm not sure) and shoots him. The other man gets away, though.

Later, she confronts the other man on purpose. It's in the pitch black of night, and he talks to her behind a tall, wrought iron fence, holding her dog on a leash, torturing her to see the sight of her dog in someone else's hands. She shoots him, and takes back her dog. The trailer ends.

So, any ideas on what the movie is called????

The Brave One starring Jodie Foster

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 01:21 AM
TheMadcow is currently offline Click here to Send TheMadcow a Private Message Find more posts by TheMadcow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm looking for a rather obscure older movie someone asked me about, though it doesn't ring a bell so i thought i'd ask here. They described the following scenes to me:

On a planet that isn't Earth, the king is assassinated by some sort of killer worm or parasite that travels up through his foot and eats his heart.

A person (supposedly a man) transforms in to some sort of black panther.

And something about a dwarf star.

I know, not a lot to go on, but anyway... Any help would be appreciated.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 10:37 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Originally posted by TheMadcow
The Brave One starring Jodie Foster

I was like I've seen this movie..I remember this one as well.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 03:23 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Originally posted by TheMadcow
It's called Duel. It was Stephen Spielberg's first movie.

It's called you know to much. Someone silence this man..he is a movie library.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 03:24 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NavajoWhite

I don't remember much about this movie. I only remember a couple of scenes. I remember the plot, but maybe I made up the plot just by watching those few scenes. Anyway, it was probably an American movie. Probably shot sometime between 1995-2007. Genre should be one of: crime/drama/thriller/myster/action. So, its not horror, comedy or animation smile . The movie looked kinda known, perhaps not very well known, but I don't remember it like a very low budget movie. These are the scenes I remember; In a flashback, we see a house and in front of the house, a few men shoots another man and he dies I guess. And a kid(dead man's son probably) sees this. There must be a piano in the house but I'm not sure. It looked like it was 1960s or older in the flashback. But again, I'm not sure. And the other scene I remember; A man(perhaps the kid in the flashback, now grown up) is tied to a pole outdoors, he's kinda unconscious and somebody pours fuel onto him. But an old man rescues the tied man(don't remember how). And here's what I remember about plot: the tied man was looking for his father's killers. And at the end it turns out that the old man(who rescued the tied man) was one of the men who killed the tied man's father. But the tied man(not tied anymore, of course) forgives the old man. And it was a happy ending I guess. Or maybe I'm confused, maybe it was another movie's plot. Whatever...

Most of the movie was taking place in a rural area, I guess. It was sunny(like, Texas or Arizona) and I remember the old man's clothes looked like a villager a little bit.

Last edited by NavajoWhite on May 28th, 2012 at 03:07 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2012 02:57 PM
NavajoWhite is currently offline Click here to Send NavajoWhite a Private Message Find more posts by NavajoWhite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

did it have anything to do with a house or a basement??

Old Post Jun 4th, 2012 06:43 AM
mkt07

sorry guys I have no idea with this little Bob. I wonder in which movie is associated with.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 09:58 AM
mkt07 is currently offline Click here to Send mkt07 a Private Message Find more posts by mkt07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
patareek

Unknown movie

Hello , i remember this movie but i cant remember its name neither the actors , theres this actor with a mustache , and this blond girl , and for some reason she lives with him in a house in the desert (maybe not a desert but theyr alone in that area,no other house) and one night he wakes up finding that she burnt the sheets that are hung up on a rope outside the house , and finds her standing there all naked infront of him , anyone knows the name of the movie??
id appreciate if any helps , thanks.

That sounds like 'Holy Smoke' with Kate Winslet and Harvey Keitel.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2012 09:34 PM
patareek is currently offline Click here to Send patareek a Private Message Find more posts by patareek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
scar007

Trying again

Been a few years since I posted this, hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about.
I need the name of what was possibly the worst movie I have ever seen. The entire premise of the movie was a man being stuck in a box for the whole film.

All I can remember is this guy trapped in a box on an airport tarmac, with rebel soldiers patrolling it and other cargo. The man in the box kept looking out through a peephole and at one stage a soldier almost notices him. This was the only memorable scene, as well as when a scorpion creeps inside the box with him.

It seemed to be a U.S. TV movie from the 90's, and I keep thinking it is called Stowaway or something similiar, but can't find any information on it anywhere.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2012 06:28 AM
scar007 is currently offline Click here to Send scar007 a Private Message Find more posts by scar007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lala21778

Tongue help

Looking to find out the name of the movie, possibly from the late 90s, where the maih character (female) was walking down a hallway or something and apples started falling from the ceiling, and she wigged out...I am trying to help my son find this movie, and the only name the comes up is In Dreams, but that's not right..

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Old Post Dec 20th, 2012 06:21 AM
lala21778 is currently offline Click here to Send lala21778 a Private Message Find more posts by lala21778 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
winky420

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm looking for a rather obscure older movie someone asked me about, though it doesn't ring a bell so i thought i'd ask here. They described the following scenes to me:

On a planet that isn't Earth, the king is assassinated by some sort of killer worm or parasite that travels up through his foot and eats his heart.

A person (supposedly a man) transforms in to some sort of black panther.

And something about a dwarf star.

I know, not a lot to go on, but anyway... Any help would be appreciated.

White Dwarf (1995)

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 06:01 AM
winky420 is currently offline Click here to Send winky420 a Private Message Find more posts by winky420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EbolaSandwich

Question Killer Neighbor movie

Been searching for this one for a while.
Possibly 1980s film;Low-Budget;

A neighbor who is a killer;The killer plays weird music all the time.
Puts victims in trash bags. (NOT Driller Killer)

Nearing the end of the movie it turns out that the neighborhood knew about the murdering neighbor and since the main character killed the murderer they want him to take over.

I remember the original killer had a video collection of his murders.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 02:20 PM
EbolaSandwich is currently offline Click here to Send EbolaSandwich a Private Message Find more posts by EbolaSandwich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EbolaSandwich

Re: Help I need to find a title of a movie

Originally posted by firemanstep
in the mid 70's there was a movie about a marine who was on some kind of drug, I believe Jan Micheal Vincent was in the movie and this guy was going thru basic training. Any help would be great.

Tribes?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 06:02 PM
EbolaSandwich is currently offline Click here to Send EbolaSandwich a Private Message Find more posts by EbolaSandwich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote