KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » RESPECT Kain (lok)

RESPECT Kain (lok)
Started by: Burning thought

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Burning thought
That the distorsion is what makes it look like Kain is moveing slower than he usually is, playing the game yourself you would know that Kain does not move slower when he uses the time reaver, thats pretty much his regulour gaming speed although the guys computer may lag a little. As you can imagine I know this power very well from personal experiance sort of like how you know lore warcraft very well from yours.

Out of curiousity, outline a particulour part after 6:32 where you think Kain is going slower than he usually does, because after he TKed his opponent who dragged slowly across the screen he was definatley moveing at his normal gameplay speed.

Compare Kain's sword strikes at 6:30 and 6:35.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 10:06 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

When Kain blocks and moves at the same time, he moves faster than when he's moving when not blocking while the time slow ability is active.
It's not the computer of the guy that's slow, since he moves fast consistantly to various occasions during the activity of the slow, as well as consistantly moves slow for other actions. Everything would be slower if it's his computer that is the problem.

If you look at 7:28, Kain moves as fast there when his guard is up as he does during the time slow ability. I dare say that is a game bug abuse, since his speed when doing that during the slow is inconsistant to his overall speed when the slow spell is activated.

To say the least, I'm not convinced. If what you say is true, then you will have to back it up with another timeslow by another person, in another video. Because in that video, I don't see it.

Once there's another video that prove your case, I'm satisfied. Right now however, the slow ability slows Kain as well. Nothing you say can change that. Only what you show can.

Last edited by Q'Anilia on Aug 28th, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 10:11 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

The fact the guy misses does not really help, although it must just look like hes going slower based on the fact the blur makes the outline of his sword more obvious as he slashes. At 6:39 he slashes in the air at a fairly normal speed and afterwards walks and TK's just as Kain usually does.

Well actually the description of Kains time power is that it slows the area around him and his opponents, not himself, the distorstion and a few inaccurate and inconsistent slower points in the vid is nothing to compare to Kains power slowing himself. It does not make logical sense for Kain to slow himself either.

It looks like the guys comp, the particle effects of the time slow probably making his comp slow down, then speed up a bit to catch up, its what comps usually do when they cant take something.

Last edited by Burning thought on Aug 28th, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 10:13 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

He IS moving slower. Then if it's the computer or what, that's another discussion, but he IS going slower. There's no denying it, no matter what effects that encase him during the period of the slow.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 10:15 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its only a few slashes that look slower than usual, the TK from Kain and his walking up to his impaled opponent just before the time slow ends is all normal Kain speed....

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 10:17 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

His hand gesture is also slower. Compare him pulling the enemy to him with him throwing him away. The gesture is slower. As is him jumping up into the air. Everything is slower, except for when he move with his guard up, which I imagine is an abuse of a game bug, since he move with his guard up at more than one occasion.

In order to convince me otherwise, you need to get another video with timeslow.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 10:19 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

He really does look like he's slightly slower himself.

I really can't be bothered to actually download Defiance(does it even work on Vista?) and check out how the game engine works. As in, does low FPS causes 'choppiness'(this is the case with the majority of games) or does it literally cause the game to slow down.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 10:20 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its all gameplay, the fact of it is Kain does not slow himself, as I said ive played it and the description of the ability backs that idea up:

http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/def/reaverkain.php

quote:
Slows the movements of all nearby enemies (like Blood Omen's 'Slow Time' artefacts)

As I said, his machine is either the problem or the distorsion effect makes him appear slower as the blur of his sword swinging etc is more obvious.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 10:22 PM
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

He is moving slower. If it's the spell or the computer, I don't know, nor can I give a definate statement on it, but he does move slower. It's not just the effects. He DOES move slower.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 10:22 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

But anywaym regardless of the faults in the vid the spell can be clearly seen in use.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 10:23 PM
Gumachi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Playing as Kain is far more better than playing as Raziel in Defiance.

Raziel is far better than Kain. Kain doesn't even have that many powers.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 11:03 PM
Gumachi is currently offline Click here to Send Gumachi a Private Message Find more posts by Gumachi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

No disrespecting Kain in his own thread, and you dont know what your talking abot. They have a similiar amount of powers in the game, at least with Kain his powers did something diffrent all the time, wheras Raziels elemental powers did similiar things...

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 11:05 PM
Gumachi

I'm not disrespecting Kain...he only has 4 powers/reavers. Maybe two of their powers are the same? I'm talking about Defiance.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 11:49 PM
Gumachi is currently offline Click here to Send Gumachi a Private Message Find more posts by Gumachi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

In defiance Kain has 5 and a 6th if you count the soul reaver, Raziel has 9 but apart from graphics 6 of them are pretty much the same thing. At least Kains are all unique, slowing time, lightning blast, dimentional teleport and being able to make nearby enemies fight eachother are unique. Theres ofc his balance reaver which just explodes which I admit is the same as the soul reaver but still, all of Raizels elemental attacks seem to do the same thing, e.g. the Earh reaver fires blasts of rock out of it in a small Earthquake which stuns enemies just like the frost of the ice reaver, or stuns/confuses those hit by the wind reaver.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 11:59 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Why cap "respect" in the title? Compensating for something, BT? wink

laughing Kain's cool.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 29th, 2009 12:24 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hellspawn28

Nice thread, and the LOK games are awesome. You should do more respect threads.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 01:09 PM
Hellspawn28 is currently offline Click here to Send Hellspawn28 a Private Message Find more posts by Hellspawn28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks, although most respect threads for the mainstream are already made, LOK ftw tho big grin

What games have you played in the series?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 01:11 PM
Hellspawn28

I play them all, and I would say that first SR game is my favorite, and I found Blood Omen 2 fun too. It been while since I play them all and I think the first Blood Omen is on PSN now.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2009 07:58 PM
Hellspawn28 is currently offline Click here to Send Hellspawn28 a Private Message Find more posts by Hellspawn28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

^
ugh - worst 2 in the series imo
SR2 and BO1 ftw stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 12:09 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

BO2 sucked ass.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 01:53 PM
iChaos is currently offline Click here to Send iChaos a Private Message Find more posts by iChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote