KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » The official "Back to the Future" series thread.

The official "Back to the Future" series thread.
Started by: Adam Hussein

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
typaige

how do I know?? come on.. seriously. Anyway, some of you people might want to ask Santa for the triology of back to the future so you can remember what happens in the story. Then reply back.

DVD bonus features don't reveal time travel explanantions correctly.
They got caught script cheating and made up that dumb thing about biff being shot. Maybe.... biff SHOULD have disappeared in the time machine when returning to 2015.. since he was already dead by DVD bonus features of being shot, thus having the time machine crash with no pilot.. Well that's only IF you beleive biff can return to a future unchanged..fools. lastly, why is biffs cane still around if he was shot in the past? But I guess only signs, newspapers, faxes, and pictures can be altered by time changes... wait wait wait.. how does biff live long enough to give himself the book and get shot? paradox?

Like I said before, please people listen!!

Marty can go to 1955 and return to 1985 - a changed 1985
Biff can go to 1955 and return to 2015 - the same 2015 DUMB & WRONG
Doc can go to 1885 and have 1955 changed with having a time machine buried for marty to find. Biff gets screwed again!

The dog Einstein disappears for 1 minute cause of time travel.
Marty and Jen travel not 1 minute..but 30 years to save their kids? HUH?

You don't have to see the movie to come up with a lame excuse for that one, so fire away, people who like to post here without seeing the movie.

One day, it will click in your heads and you will say, "hey that don't make sense!" The next day, you will discover hard core and do away with punk.

Your whole Biff and Marty explanation is fantastically confusing. I think I helped you out in the previous paragraphs, so I will not try to tackle that head on.

There are two types of people in this forum. Those who understand time travel and those who understand Back to the future.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wålshy
how do you know 2015 A, isn't altered, the streets may not have changed but possibly the local government is corrupt and people are rebelling like in the 1985 A. also the street where Biff travels back to was already a mess, i ahve not watched it for a while but does'nt the cop say something like '(w\e the streetname was),a place for hilbilles, bums and (something else, its been a very long time sinced i seen the moives)

another thing is Biff didn't gut himself, on the DVD special features, there something that says Lorraine shot Biff in the mid 90's thus he does not live to 2015.

the thing you said about Biff going back to the same future: Marty would not go back to 2015, why would he? he wants to be rich in 1985 and for the rest of his life. Biff went back to the same future because, that was the time he lived in. and he gave the almanac, to his younger self,he could not stay in the same time as his younger self.

1955 -Doc gets hit by lightning, goes to 1885, alters 1955?? Now there is a buried Delorean they can dig up? That is script cheating!!!. but doc buries the delorean in 1885, and sends a letter for marty, remember?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2007 07:15 PM
typaige is currently offline Click here to Send typaige a Private Message Find more posts by typaige Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by typaige
how do I know?? come on.. seriously. Anyway, some of you people might want to ask Santa for the triology of back to the future so you can remember what happens in the story. Then reply back.
iv got the triology smile. im guessing you do too, if you do you should look through the special features because its intresting and explains a few things.

DVD bonus features don't reveal time travel explanantions correctly.
They got caught script cheating and made up that dumb thing about biff being shot. Maybe.... biff SHOULD have disappeared in the time machine when returning to 2015.. since he was already dead by DVD bonus features of being shot, thus having the time machine crash with no pilot.. Well that's only IF you beleive biff can return to a future unchanged..fools. lastly, why is biffs cane still around if he was shot in the past? But I guess only signs, newspapers, faxes, and pictures can be altered by time changes... wait wait wait.. how does biff live long enough to give himself the book and get shot? paradox?
when biff comes out of the time machine in 2015A, we see him stumble and holding his chest/body, but a scene which was deleted from the movie was when biff fell (behind a parked car) and vanishes, like marty does in back to the future 1, except biff completely vanishes.

i think making a point about 2015A not being different from the original 2015 is pointless because we only see 2015A for a few moments.

the paradox you mention, its not a paradox, Biff lives until 2015, he was not shot by lorraine until he went back and altered his past by giving himself the almanac. THEN he gets shot in the 90sA, understand?

Like I said before, please people listen!!

Marty can go to 1955 and return to 1985 - a changed 1985
Biff can go to 1955 and return to 2015 - the same 2015 DUMB & WRONG
Doc can go to 1885 and have 1955 changed with having a time machine buried for marty to find. Biff gets screwed again!
prove that 2015 has not changed. now i cant prove that it has changed either, thats why i think its pointless mentioning it.

the time machine does'nt just randomly pop up in the cave/mine. Doc buries it before he gets shot in 1885, remember he has about 5+ months in 1885 (im not sure how long exactly) and so he buries the time machine and sends a letter to marty in 1955, at the exact time and exact location of when he was struck by lighting in back to the future 2.

The dog Einstein disappears for 1 minute cause of time travel.
Marty and Jen travel not 1 minute..but 30 years to save their kids? HUH?
This is hard to explain, einstein goes back in time one minute. "He skipped over that minute to exactly arrive at this point in time" as Doc would say. The time machine Doc invented could not go back and forward in seconds, only minutes, months, years, can you remember the time circuits? marty can type in the time, date and year NOT seconds. Einstein does not disspear exactly, he skipped a minute, so he is in the middle of time travel for a minute. Doc, Marty and jenifer dont skip back over a minute, they travel forward. As i said its hard to explain

You don't have to see the movie to come up with a lame excuse for that one, so fire away, people who like to post here without seeing the movie.

One day, it will click in your heads and you will say, "hey that don't make sense!" The next day, you will discover hard core and do away with punk.
whats this about? confused

Your whole Biff and Marty explanation is fantastically confusing. I think I helped you out in the previous paragraphs, so I will not try to tackle that head on.
"are you talking to me?"

There are two types of people in this forum. Those who understand time travel and those who understand Back to the future.

which am i?

Thanks to That AC/DC Chick <3

Old Post Dec 21st, 2007 09:42 PM
~Wålshy~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Wålshy~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Wålshy~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
typaige

quote:

when biff comes out of the time machine in 2015A, we see him stumble and holding his chest/body, but a scene which was deleted from the movie was when biff fell (behind a parked car) and vanishes, like marty does in back to the future 1, except biff completely vanishes.

ok.. I'm just glad he was able to land the time machine without marty and doc knowing before he disappeared.

quote:

i think making a point about 2015A not being different from the original 2015 is pointless because we only see 2015A for a few moments.

I'm glad that they cleaned up the new 2015 to look like the original.. since Biff completely destroyed it.. as you saw in the new 1985. hmm but Doc and his chalkboard disagree with you. So which one of you is actually right??

quote:

the paradox you mention, its not a paradox, Biff lives until 2015, he was not shot by lorraine until he went back and altered his past by giving himself the almanac. THEN he gets shot in the 90sA, understand?

I am completely aware. stupid bonus feature patchwork.

quote:
prove that 2015 has not changed. now i cant prove that it has changed either, thats why i think its pointless mentioning it.

if it's pointless.. then showing marty's new family at the end of BTTF1 is also pointless. Just for fun, I'll point out Doc's chalkboard scene again. He tells you that biff came back to the same 2015 and dropped off the time machine.

quote:
the time machine does'nt just randomly pop up in the cave/mine. Doc buries it before he gets shot in 1885, remember he has about 5+ months in 1885 (im not sure how long exactly) and so he buries the time machine and sends a letter to marty in 1955, at the exact time and exact location of when he was struck by lighting in back to the future 2.

That is what the movie shows.

quote:
This is hard to explain, einstein goes back in time one minute. "He skipped over that minute to exactly arrive at this point in time" as Doc would say. The time machine Doc invented could not go back and forward in seconds, only minutes, months, years, can you remember the time circuits? marty can type in the time, date and year NOT seconds. Einstein does not disspear exactly, he skipped a minute, so he is in the middle of time travel for a minute. Doc, Marty and jenifer dont skip back over a minute, they travel forward. As i said its hard to explain

The dog does not go back in time. he goes forward in time a minute.
skipping a minute or an hour or 30 years is still skipping!
Look.. I've seen the movie alot.. and not once have I seen the dog hanging out with Doc and Marty during that minute of time travel. So the dog is gone. Marty and Jen skipped 30 years.. Marty and Jen are gone... No kids.. no BTTF2. please agree with me on this.

quote:
which am i?
after review your responses.. you are a person who knows about Back to the Future

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2007 03:41 AM
typaige is currently offline Click here to Send typaige a Private Message Find more posts by typaige Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok.. I'm just glad he was able to land the time machine without marty and doc knowing before he disappeared.

I'm glad that they cleaned up the new 2015 to look like the original.. since Biff completely destroyed it.. as you saw in the new 1985. hmm but Doc and his chalkboard disagree with you. So which one of you is actually right??

in 1985A, we see that Biff and the reckless society of hill valley have destroyed the courthouse area of hill valley

but hill dale, where Biff returns with the time machine and where the Marty and Jenifer live is miles away from the courthouse area. Can you remember when the police officer says "..so that means we take her home"
"To Hill Dale, it'll be dark by the time we get out..." something like that, and then Doc says something about the sky ways being jammed, so I'm guessing the destroyed courthouse area of 1985A, possibly Hill Dale might not be destroyed at all, although this is another 'situation' similar to the movie not clearly showing that Doc buries the time machine in 1885

I am completely aware. stupid bonus feature patchwork.
I agree with you here.

if it's pointless.. then showing marty's new family at the end of BTTF1 is also pointless. Just for fun, I'll point out Doc's chalkboard scene again. He tells you that biff came back to the same 2015 and dropped off the time machine.

its not pointless showing Marty's family at the end of BTTF1 because otherwise we would not have known if everyone existed and what happened to them now that Biff was no longer the bully he was in the original 1985 of BTTF1.

Biff returning to the exact same time can be either, he did not know how to work ALL the controls, he wanted to return to the same time because his family was in that time and his life was in that time. Although this can be seen as a 'mistake' or a bit if a goof, this depends on the viewer.

That is what the movie shows.
true, but it would have been a boring scene watching Doc putting the time machine in a mine, again its one of those 'situations' where you can use imagination or see it as a bit of a goof.

The dog does not go back in time. he goes forward in time a minute.
skipping a minute or an hour or 30 years is still skipping!
Look.. I've seen the movie alot.. and not once have I seen the dog hanging out with Doc and Marty during that minute of time travel. So the dog is gone. Marty and Jen skipped 30 years.. Marty and Jen are gone... No kids.. no BTTF2. please agree with me on this.

oh ye your right, my mistake. Einsteins trip was instantaneous. He left at 01:20am and arrived at 1:21am, something like that. But for Einstein he instantly arrived at his destination, again its hard to explain. Its more something you either understand or don't to be honest, i understand it and there is a way to explain it but I can't.

I have been watching BTT2 while posting this big grin

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2007 06:40 PM
~Wålshy~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Wålshy~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Wålshy~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
typaige

alright, I think we are making some progress with you, good job!

We'll get back to biff stealing the time machine in a bit.

Now.. if Doc goes forward in time.. knows about Marty's car accident and knows about marty's kids getting into trouble. Why does doc decide to change history by having marty pretend to be his own kid and NOT simply telling him to avoid racing Needles? (I know about Doc's explanation of the McFly family going down after the jailings)

On to Biff. When you change the past or the future, are the results not instantaneous? Like when Marty burns the sports almanac, the match book's name changes, right? When biff returnms to 2015 after giving himself the book, and he was shot in the 90's or whatever, should he follow the same rules of time altering? He should have vanished as soon as he hit 2015. thus having the time machine crash into marty and blowing him to bits. agree? disagreee??

I still will argue that Marty can change the past go into the future and have a new family life.

Biff can change the past, have Doc brown commited, but still return to 2015 and escape from view of marty and doc and land that damned time machine before disappearing... BAH

in 1985A, we see that Biff and the reckless society of hill valley have destroyed the courthouse area of hill valley

but hill dale, where Biff returns with the time machine and where the Marty and Jenifer live is miles away from the courthouse area. Can you remember when the police officer says "..so that means we take her home"
"To Hill Dale, it'll be dark by the time we get out..." something like that, and then Doc says something about the sky ways being jammed, so I'm guessing the destroyed courthouse area of 1985A, possibly Hill Dale might not be destroyed at all, although this is another 'situation' similar to the movie not clearly showing that Doc buries the time machine in 1885

I agree with you here.

its not pointless showing Marty's family at the end of BTTF1 because otherwise we would not have known if everyone existed and what happened to them now that Biff was no longer the bully he was in the original 1985 of BTTF1.

Biff returning to the exact same time can be either, he did not know how to work ALL the controls, he wanted to return to the same time because his family was in that time and his life was in that time. Although this can be seen as a 'mistake' or a bit if a goof, this depends on the viewer.

true, but it would have been a boring scene watching Doc putting the time machine in a mine, again its one of those 'situations' where you can use imagination or see it as a bit of a goof.

oh ye your right, my mistake. Einsteins trip was instantaneous. He left at 01:20am and arrived at 1:21am, something like that. But for Einstein he instantly arrived at his destination, again its hard to explain. Its more something you either understand or don't to be honest, i understand it and there is a way to explain it but I can't.

I have been watching BTT2 while posting this big grin

Old Post Dec 25th, 2007 05:31 PM
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

alright, I think we are making some progress with you, good job!
laughing out loud

what do you mean?

We'll get back to biff stealing the time machine in a bit.

Now.. if Doc goes forward in time.. knows about Marty's car accident and knows about Marty's kids getting into trouble. Why does doc decide to change history by having Marty pretend to be his own kid and NOT simply telling him to avoid racing Needles? (I know about Doc's explanation of the McFly family going down after the jailings)

doc is always saying to Marty that he should not know too much about his own future.

anyway the incident of Marty's family going to jail, even if Marty had not raced with needles this may have happened, they are two completely different incidents, two separate people, two separate futures and lives.
On to Biff. When you change the past or the future, are the results not instantaneous? Like when Marty burns the sports almanac, the match book's name changes, right? When biff returnms to 2015 after giving himself the book, and he was shot in the 90's or whatever, should he follow the same rules of time altering? He should have vanished as soon as he hit 2015. thus having the time machine crash into Marty and blowing him to bits. agree? disagreee??

well we don't actually see biff vanish, but even the name on the match box does not change instantly, and can you remember when Marty nearly vanished, if it were instant then there would not have been a trilogy. and his bro and sis did not vanish instantly, although we could only see them in the picture, that was not instant. i think maybe, thinks change faster depending on size? and i don't really see it as a mistake.

and how would the time machine crash into amrty and blow up? you say you have seen the movies, and we clearly see that bif is crahing and bumping against the ground and i think a dumpster. Marty was called over by doc to help him with jenifer, remember?
I still will argue that Marty can change the past go into the future and have a new family life.
please elaborate.

Biff can change the past, have Doc brown commited, but still return to 2015 and escape from view of Marty and doc and land that damned time machine before disappearing... BAH
well he is in a time machine, he has all the time he wants. i don't find this post very clear.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 09:19 PM
JackieCD

Back to the future movies were only for entertainment, not for factual meaning.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 11:22 PM
JackieCD is currently offline Click here to Send JackieCD a Private Message Find more posts by JackieCD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
typaige

Originally posted by JackieCD
Back to the future movies were only for entertainment, not for factual meaning.

I agree.. some people on this forum use BTTF for factual meaning. The physics of time travel and the physics of BTTF are almost like night and day.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 01:50 AM
typaige

what do you mean?

I thought we were starting to see eye to eye on some obvious contradictions in the trilogy from the laws it made for itself. after posting the einstein dog theory

quote:

doc is always saying to Marty that he should not know too much about his own future. anyway the incident of Marty's family going to jail, even if Marty had not raced with needles this may have happened, they are two completely different incidents, two separate people, two separate futures and lives.

So Doc pretty much says.. "yeah. I'll open the letter and find out about my own death, but marty can kiss his music career and lifestyle goodbye. It's all about the kids." Thanks pal! Doc is a dick! Or maybe doc could have simple stopped marty before the accident. but that would be logical and boring.

quote:
well we don't actually see biff vanish, but even the name on the match box does not change instantly.
Yes it does. Watch BTTF 2

quote:

and can you remember
yes
quote:
when Marty nearly vanished, if it were instant then there would not have been a trilogy. and his bro and sis did not vanish instantly, although we could only see them in the picture, that was not instant. i think maybe, thinks change faster depending on size? and i don't really see it as a mistake.

Size?? That one's too easy. Anyway, since you brought up marty and vanishing. Maybe Biff should have begun his vanishing act after he gave himself the book. That's just a fun thought.

quote:
and how would the time machine crash into marty and blow up? you say you have seen the movies, and we clearly see that bif is crahing and bumping against the ground and i think a dumpster. Marty was called over by doc to help him with jenifer, remember?
please elaborate.

Being that biff doesn't exist in 2015.. as the movie says, he should vanish as soon as he return to 2015. the time machine is in the air when biff returns.. get it? Fax paper, Newspapers, matchbooks, and whatever else.. all change instantly when time is altered. Biff returns to 2015.. vanishes cause DVD bonus features say he got shot in the 90's. Time machine is up in the air.. no driver/pilot now is there? time machine dips down and marty gets slammed in the face with the front end of the delorean. There.. I didn't want to type all that crap out before..meh

quote:
well he is in a time machine, he has all the time he wants. i don't find this post very clear.

it's clear Doc shouldn't be there anymore since he was committed to an insane asylum before the time machine was invented. but that another paradox that will be for future discussions.

What i've been feeling for a long time, is that the BTTF trilogy would have bombed if it were made today. The general audiences are too well educated in these days to adjust and accept the rules of BTTF.

The only thing that saves it, is the acting and jokes. That.. I have no problem with.

Happy kwanzaa

Last edited by typaige on Dec 27th, 2007 at 03:13 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 03:08 AM
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Doc pretty much says.. "yeah. I'll open the letter and find out about my own death, but marty can kiss his music career and lifestyle goodbye. It's all about the kids." Thanks pal! Doc is a dick! Or maybe doc could have simple stopped marty before the accident. but that would be logical and boring.
If you mean the letter at the start of BBTF3, where it tells Marty where the time machine is and intructions on how to fix it, that letter does not say anything about Docs death, because Doc did not know he was going to be dead. Doc wants Marty to make his own decisions for his future, remember Marty asks Doc, "Doc, what happens to me in the future" then Doc replies "Marty no one should no too much about their future" I think it goes something like that.

Yes it does. Watch BTTF 2
i have about 20+ times, it does not change instant, you can even see the writing coming up over the old writing, it does change quick, but not instant.

Size?? That one's too easy. Anyway, since you brought up marty and vanishing. Maybe Biff should have begun his vanishing act after he gave himself the book. That's just a fun thought.
No he shouldn't because his future was not written.

Being that biff doesn't exist in 2015.. as the movie says, he should vanish as soon as he return to 2015. the time machine is in the air when biff returns.. get it? Fax paper, Newspapers, matchbooks, and whatever else.. all change instantly when time is altered. Biff returns to 2015.. vanishes cause DVD bonus features say he got shot in the 90's. Time machine is up in the air.. no driver/pilot now is there? time machine dips down and marty gets slammed in the face with the front end of the delorean. There.. I didn't want to type all that crap out before..meh
You can see the writing on the fax paper, newspapers etc. change, so not instant. IF it happened it would have been the end of the movie and quite a strange movie.

it's clear Doc shouldn't be there anymore since he was committed to an insane asylum before the time machine was invented. but that another paradox that will be for future discussions.
His future was not written before or even after the time machine was made. Whenever it was Biff got Doc into a insane asylum, it was only then it was written. Hard to explain.

What i've been feeling for a long time, is that the BTTF trilogy would have bombed if it were made today. The general audiences are too well educated in these days to adjust and accept the rules of BTTF.

The only thing that saves it, is the acting and jokes. That.. I have no problem with.
It depends on the viewer.

Happy kwanzaa
laughing out loud

how old are you?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 12:24 AM
typaige

If you mean the letter at the start of BBTF3, where it tells Marty where the time machine is and intructions on how to fix it, that letter does not say anything about Docs death, because Doc did not know he was going to be dead. Doc wants Marty to make his own decisions for his future, remember Marty asks Doc, "Doc, what happens to me in the future" then Doc replies "Marty no one should no too much about their future" I think it goes something like that.

Now... I am 100% positive you are just messin with me.. Everytime I give you a chance to misunderstand me, you do! You know damn well I was referring to the letter from BTTF 1

If you watch BTTF 1, you will see Doc rips up a letter that Marty writes telling him that he will be shot. Remember? When Marty goes back to 1985 , Doc gets shot but has a bullet proof vest. Rememeber? Marty asks Doc about the question of knowing too much about your own future. Doc says, "oh. what the hell" Remember??

quote:
i have about 20+ times, it does not change instant, you can even see the writing coming up over the old writing, it does change quick, but not instant.

You are completely fighting logic on this. Maybe I should have said quick, but not instant. You are wrong. All I am saying is.. is that the writings change as soon as something happens. why them and not people?.. please don't repeat your size theory.

quote:

No he shouldn't because his future was not written.

In BTTF 1, doc points out the vanishing family members in marty's photo. Remember? Biff should apply to the same rules of BTTF1. Since you mostly reply to me with events from the trilogy to try to debunk me, please explain that.

quote:
You can see the writing on the fax paper, newspapers etc. change, so not instant. IF it happened it would have been the end of the movie and quite a strange movie.

I'm going to let you slide on that 'instant' thing since I already made my case about it. Following the rules of BTTF that is what should have happened. In real life.. it would have created a paradox, I believe. Because you cannot deliberatly alter your own past.

quote:

His future was not written before or even after the time machine was made. Whenever it was Biff got Doc into a insane asylum, it was only then it was written. Hard to explain.

right... Biff vanishes from 2015 Why? Cause he was killed in the 90's from DVD bonus features. Doc was committed in the 80's So..why is doc in 2015 talking to marty? Quantum Leap had a far better grasp on altering time than this thing.. and both are for entertainment.

quote:

how old are you?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 07:29 PM
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now... I am 100% positive you are just messin with me.. Everytime I give you a chance to misunderstand me, you do! You know damn well I was referring to the letter from BTTF 1
sorry, my mistake.

If you watch BTTF 1, you will see Doc rips up a letter that Marty writes telling him that he will be shot. Remember? When Marty goes back to 1985 , Doc gets shot but has a bullet proof vest. Rememeber? Marty asks Doc about the question of knowing too much about your own future. Doc says, "oh. what the hell" Remember??
ye i remember. although this is fighting docs 'you shouldn't know anything about your own future' thing. i guess doc is a bit of a dick because he would not let Marty know about his future but maybe he feels Marty should make the decision to race needles on his own.

You are completely fighting logic on this. Maybe I should have said quick, but not instant. You are wrong. All I am saying is.. is that the writings change as soon as something happens. why them and not people?.. please don't repeat your size theory.
well the size theory is figting logic but biff should not vanish quickly either, i think the size theory i had is quite a good one though, Marty does not vanish quickly in BBTF1, neither does his brother and sister in the photograph, his brother and sister take a week to vanish in the photo.

In BTTF 1, doc points out the vanishing family members in Marty's photo. Remember? Biff should apply to the same rules of BTTF1. Since you mostly reply to me with events from the trilogy to try to debunk me, please explain that.
but Marty's brother and sister vanish because of their past changing, biff cant vanish because of his future changing, he should vanish when biff gets shot in the 90's, which is what happens (when he gets back to 2015).

I'm going to let you slide on that 'instant' thing since I already made my case about it. Following the rules of BTTF that is what should have happened. In real life.. it would have created a paradox, I believe. Because you cannot deliberatly alter your own past.

in real life you wouldnt have a time machine, its science-fiction, you sometimes have to fill the gaps with your own imagination

right... Biff vanishes from 2015 Why? Cause he was killed in the 90's from DVD bonus features. Doc was committed in the 80's So..why is doc in 2015 talking to Marty? Quantum Leap had a far better grasp on altering time than this thing.. and both are for entertainment.
quantum leap? Doc's past must have changed when he was sent to the asylum, but this is in 1985A, so what i think would have happened, if the movie let us see this story/plot, im assuming that doc was sent to the asylum in 1980A, when Doc goes to 2015 from 1985(original, at the start of BTTF2) i think in 1985A the doc in the asylum would have vanished like marty did in BTTF1.

that is confusing, but hopefully you understand.

Last edited by ~Wålshy~ on Jan 5th, 2008 at 02:32 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 02:30 PM
typaige

sorry, my mistake.

ye i remember. although this is fighting docs 'you shouldn't know anything about your own future' thing. i guess doc is a bit of a dick because he would not let Marty know about his future but maybe he feels Marty should make the decision to race needles on his own.

OK.. we both agree Doc is a Dic. Maybe marty should have not written the letter to see if Doc steals plutonium from terrorists or not (BAD IDEA)

quote:

well the size theory is figting logic but biff should not vanish quickly either, i think the size theory i had is quite a good one though, Marty does not vanish quickly in BBTF1, neither does his brother and sister in the photograph, his brother and sister take a week to vanish in the photo.

marty was postponing the events by attempting to restore his future.. and eventually did it. Biff had no chance to restore his own future. So if Biff is dead in the 90's why the hell does he live long enough to land the time machine?

quote:

but Marty's brother and sister vanish because of their past changing, biff cant vanish because of his future changing, he should vanish when biff gets shot in the 90's, which is what happens (when he gets back to 2015).

I saw that in the movie. I am debating that it is wrong and biff should be long gone before he leaves the time machine.

quote:

in real life you wouldnt have a time machine, its science-fiction, you sometimes have to fill the gaps with your own imagination

that explains all the things that don't make sense in 1, 2, & 3

quote:

quantum leap? Doc's past must have changed when he was sent to the asylum, but this is in 1985A, so what i think would have happened, if the movie let us see this story/plot, im assuming that doc was sent to the asylum in 1980A, when Doc goes to 2015 from 1985(original, at the start of BTTF2) i think in 1985A the doc in the asylum would have vanished like marty did in BTTF1.

LOLOL Quantum Leap was a TV show about time travel back in the late '80's and early '90's. When they changed history.. it was instant.. not quick. But I digress.

Let me see if I follow your thinking.

Doc, marty, and Biff are in 2015. Biff goes to 1955, gives himself the almanac... comes back to 2015, lands the time machine and vanishes. DVD bonus features say he was shot in the 90's. That means.. Biff changed the future, but only he is affected by it? I don't get it since Doc was committed by Biff in the '80's. But hopefully you understand

quote:

that is confusing, but hopefully you understand.

What i am trying to do is to get you to understand.

So far, we have learned that Doc is a Dic.

Next lesson.. Why Biff should not be able to land the time machine in 2015 since he was shot in the 90's from DVD bonus features.

Last edited by typaige on Jan 5th, 2008 at 06:32 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 06:24 PM
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

OK.. we both agree Doc is a Dic. Maybe marty should have not written the letter to see if Doc steals plutonium from terrorists or not (BAD IDEA)
huh?

marty was postponing the events by attempting to restore his future.. and eventually did it. Biff had no chance to restore his own future. So if Biff is dead in the 90's why the hell does he live long enough to land the time machine?
theres two biffs.the one that lived in the alternate timeline and the one that lived the original timeline, the old one.

I saw that in the movie. I am debating that it is wrong and biff should be long gone before he leaves the time machine.
yes and then i said he shouldnt vanish quickly, marty doesnt vanish quickly nor does his brother and sister.

Originally posted by typaige Let me see if I follow your thinking

Doc, marty, and Biff are in 2015. Biff goes to 1955, gives himself the almanac... comes back to 2015, lands the time machine and vanishes. DVD bonus features say he was shot in the 90's. That means.. Biff changed the future, but only he is affected by it? I don't get it since Doc was committed by Biff in the '80's. But hopefully you understand.

i think i understand, but how would doc be affected?

Originally posted by typaige What i am trying to do is to get you to understand.
im trying to get you to understand also, its called debating.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 04:12 PM
typaige

huh?

nevermind... it was a different walshy that understood.

quote:

theres two biffs.the one that lived in the alternate timeline and the one that lived the original timeline, the old one.

huh? I would love to see you explain that one.

quote:

yes and then i said he shouldnt vanish quickly, marty doesnt vanish quickly nor does his brother and sister.

yes he should vanish quickly. why don't you tell me why it didn't take a week for biff to vanish then.

quote:

i think i understand, but how would doc be affected?

cause he is committed. marty changed the past and his parents were affected.. remember? Biff changed the past and doc should be affected.

quote:

im trying to get you to understand also, its called debating.

I have a feeling that you are simply telling me what happens in the movie. If we were debating what actually happens in the movie, then you would be kickin major ass.

how about this..

Why does doc tell marty that einstein skipped over a mintue?
why does marty not skip 30 years when he saves his own kids?

Why does doc read the letter telling him that he will be shot?
Why does doc not tell marty about the accident?
Why doesn't doc stop marty from racing in the first place?

If doc invented the time mchine for observation purposes only ,why does he return to 1985 to get marty to change the future?

Last edited by typaige on Jan 12th, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2008 10:43 PM
darthmaul1

You can go back without any problem but, you may endup altering the future, but if you go forward 30 years you will arrive at a time where you were missing for those 30 years, therefore you would never see yourself or your kids etc in this future,

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 10:18 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faith27

Will they make another Back to the Future film today????

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 05:18 PM
Faith27 is currently offline Click here to Send Faith27 a Private Message Find more posts by Faith27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthmaul1
You can go back without any problem but, you may endup altering the future, but if you go forward 30 years you will arrive at a time where you were missing for those 30 years, therefore you would never see yourself or your kids etc in this future,
IMO marty and jenifer can see their kids because the future is set, and the future already knows that marty and jen will come back to 1985 grow up and have kids etc.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 03:50 PM
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Faith27
Will they make another Back to the Future film today????
Nope, and I wouldnt want there to be another, it's just wouldn't be the same.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 03:51 PM
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

huh? I would love to see you explain that one.
whats to explain theres a biff in the 90s and one in 2015, what are you not understanding?

yes he should vanish quickly. why don't you tell me why it didn't take a week for biff to vanish then.
IMO i think its because hes not in a picture.

cause he is committed. marty changed the past and his parents were affected.. remember? Biff changed the past and doc should be affected.
yes but my theory is: when biff sends Doc to the asylum, now theres a Doc in the asylum (in the 80s sometime). while that has all been happening the Doc from 1985 (the original) goes to 2015, my theory says that the Doc in the asylum vanishes like marty in back to the future 1. and his house has been ruined so i guess he was affected that way but so has all of the 1985A.

I have a feeling that you are simply telling me what happens in the movie. If we were debating what actually happens in the movie, then you would be kicking major ass.
its a thread for BTTF triology, so excuse me for talking about the movies.

Why does doc tell marty that einstein skipped over a minute?
because thats exactly what happened.
why does marty not skip 30 years when he saves his own kids?
IMO marty and jenifer can see their kids because the future is set, and the future already knows that marty and jen will come back to 1985 grow up and have kids etc.
Why does doc read the letter telling him that he will be shot?
ye i understand that this is fighting his logic of shoudlnt know too much about his own future, but the choice was in Docs hands now not martys, and as Doc said "what the hell". also i think marty gave him too much information anyway when he says "its a matter of life and death", thats just IMO.
Why does doc not tell marty about the accident?
i guess doc is a bit of a dick because he would not let Marty know about his future but maybe he feels Marty should make the decision to race needles on his own.
Why doesn't doc stop marty from racing in the first place?
thats very similar to your question above.
If doc invented the time machine for observation purposes only ,why does he return to 1985 to get marty to change the future?

he wanted to fix martys kids lives, or his family would have gone down the tubes

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 06:29 PM