KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » The official "Back to the Future" series thread.

The official "Back to the Future" series thread.
Started by: Adam Hussein

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wålshy
IMO marty and jenifer can see their kids because the future is set, and the future already knows that marty and jen will come back to 1985 grow up and have kids etc.

Bull crap the future is set, Marty and Jen left in 1985 therefore they are not around for 30 years to have kids in 2015.
If I kidnap a kid and take them to the future 5 years ahead there will be pictures of them on milk cartons and missing person reports.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 07:11 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
typaige

whats to explain theres a biff in the 90s and one in 2015, what are you not understanding?

I don't understand why you cannot explain your reasoning.. but I can understand the confusion you've created for yourself.

quote:

IMO i think its because hes not in a picture.

I really hope.. that answer is a joke.

quote:

yes but my theory is: when biff sends Doc to the asylum, now theres a Doc in the asylum (in the 80s sometime). while that has all been happening the Doc from 1985 (the original) goes to 2015, my theory says that the Doc in the asylum vanishes like marty in back to the future 1. and his house has been ruined so i guess he was affected that way but so has all of the 1985A.

well..maybe Marty from 1985a should vanish and not the one we all see in BTTF 1... is that what you are saying? sounds like it.

quote:

its a thread for BTTF triology, so excuse me for talking about the movies.

but please.. It gets frustrating when I pose a challenge to the way a concept from the trilogy and I get a rebutttle of what actually happens. Try answering some of my questions without telling me what happens in the movie. Everyone on the board has seen the trilogy.

quote:

IMO marty and jenifer can see their kids because the future is set, and the future already knows that marty and jen will come back to 1985 grow up and have kids etc.
ye i understand that this is fighting his logic of shoudlnt know too much about his own future, but the choice was in Docs hands now not martys, and as Doc said "what the hell". also i think marty gave him too much information anyway when he says "its a matter of life and death", thats just IMO.
i guess doc is a bit of a dick because he would not let Marty know about his future but maybe he feels Marty should make the decision to race needles on his own.

You almost had a good response.. you choked on the whole marty and jen thing..

quote:

he wanted to fix martys kids lives, or his family would have gone down the tubes

Marty's family went down the tubes from the accident with needles.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2008 04:08 AM
typaige is currently offline Click here to Send typaige a Private Message Find more posts by typaige Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
typaige

Walshy, I'm just saying most in part. When you reply to me and tell me what happens in the movie, stop and think to yourself that maybe.. just maybe that it is not the answer i am looking for, nor does it actaully answer the question or the challenge.

If you decide to reply... I want to hear your belief and not the fact of the movie.

Don't get me wrong.. I am excited to see your responses on here, but after several days of waiting.. I get sad seeing replies of how the movie went.. I feel sad like going to Disneyland.. and it's closed.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2008 07:25 PM
typaige is currently offline Click here to Send typaige a Private Message Find more posts by typaige Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by typaige
I don't understand why you cannot explain your reasoning.. but I can understand the confusion you've created for yourself.
im not confused, im bewildered that you don't understand how there is two biffs. the one that lives in the original timeline, and the one in the alternate timeline (after he is given the book) that lives until the 90s. and the one in the 90s gets shot

I really hope.. that answer is a joke.
no, it makes sense.

well..maybe Marty from 1985a should vanish and not the one we all see in BTTF 1... is that what you are saying? sounds like it.
why would he vanish

but please.. It gets frustrating when I pose a challenge to the way a concept from the trilogy and I get a rebutttle of what actually happens. Try answering some of my questions without telling me what happens in the movie. Everyone on the board has seen the trilogy.
but you ask questions when the answers are in the triology, im not going to talk about actual time travel, if you want to do that then go to the General Discussion Forum.

You almost had a good response.. you choked on the whole marty and jen thing..
how did i?

Marty's family went down the tubes from the accident with needles.
laughing out loud now whos telling me about the movie. ye i know this, the doc was observing the future and must have seen this problem and decided to get marty and get him to sort things out.

Walshy, I'm just saying most in part. When you reply to me and tell me what happens in the movie, stop and think to yourself that maybe.. just maybe that it is not the answer i am looking for, nor does it actaully answer the question or the challenge.

If you decide to reply... I want to hear your belief and not the fact of the movie.

Don't get me wrong.. I am excited to see your responses on here, but after several days of waiting.. I get sad seeing replies of how the movie went.. I feel sad like going to Disneyland.. and it's closed.
i believe the facts from the movie.

Thanks to That AC/DC Chick <3

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 04:12 PM
~Wålshy~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Wålshy~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Wålshy~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
typaige

i believe the facts from the movie.

Which is why you are the only person who thinks that marty and jen going 30 years into the future to save their own kids is completely logical.

or maybe we should all discuss that in the general discussion forum since it doesn't deal with the fact of the movie per your suggestion.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 01:07 AM
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think it's completely logical, it's a movie. You've heard my theory on it already anyway

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 08:40 PM
~Wålshy~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Wålshy~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Wålshy~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
typaige

im not confused, im bewildered that you don't understand how there is two biffs. the one that lives in the original timeline, and the one in the alternate timeline (after he is given the book) that lives until the 90s. and the one in the 90s gets shot

I think I am finally understand what you are trying to tell me!
In BTTF1, marty goes back in time which creates an alternate 1955 thus affecting his family, Biff, and Doc. In 1985 marty's family is changed, biff is a dweeb, and Doc is alive!!!

BTTF2, Biff goes back in time which creates an alternate 1955 thus affecting himself, Marty's family and Doc. In 1985 Doc is already commited to a looney bin and can't invent the time machine! When Biff secretly returns the time machine in 2015 before doc and marty notice, he vanishes because he got shot in the 90's.

quote:

no, it makes sense.

ok.. it took marty a week to vanish and biff 3 minutes because of a photo. I agree it makes sense. Only you could best explain to everyone how this is legit. I would do the theory no justice

Old Post Feb 8th, 2008 01:42 PM
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

do you think there should be a BTTF4

or a prequel, which would explain how Marty met Doc and show the construction of the time machine

Old Post Feb 9th, 2008 03:22 PM
typaige

I would enjoy a pre-quel. This could show the times where Biff grows up and becoming the dick that he is.

You could do ALOT in a pre-quel to easily bring back the popularity of the 1st installment of the trilogy.. Also you could throw in some inside jokes to reveal some things in 2 & 3.

Obviously, you would lose all chance of time traveling in the prequel. But, as old as I am.. I would truely enjoy in dept character development to really understand the lives of the main characters in the trilogy.

This would aslo solve that bit about Micahel J. Fox being retired from acting due to his illness.

The movie would resemble "Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles" but without the lack of enjoyment. I am saying .. both build on characters more.

I think a BTTF 4 would be insane. With the basic agreement society has on time travel nowadays.. they would be screwed by the theories from the trilogy

do you think there should be a BTTF4

or a prequel, which would explain how Marty met Doc and show the construction of the time machine

Last edited by typaige on Feb 11th, 2008 at 05:10 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 05:06 AM
queeq
Chaos

No more sequels please. Leave it as it is: a classic!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 03:47 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by queeq
No more sequels please. Leave it as it is: a classic!

just leave it with the first one cause parts 2 and 3 sucked.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 07:19 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I liked ZZTop in 3...

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 10:05 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthmaul1
just leave it with the first one cause parts 2 and 3 sucked.
what didnt you like about them?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 01:40 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

loved part 2

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 07:39 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

what didnt you like about them?

every thing, basically the whole time travel to the future to see yourself is not going to happen, way too many holes.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 07:56 PM
queeq
Chaos

But the holes were fun.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 10:36 PM
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthmaul1
every thing, basically the whole time travel to the future to see yourself is not going to happen, way too many holes.
it is sci-fi, theres holes in lots of films, first time i watched it i wasnt even thinking about the mistakes in BTTF2. Also its only for a short time that their in the future, the rest of BTTF2 is kick ass

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 12:56 PM
queeq
Chaos

Most of the holes are in BTTF2 bwt... 3 is just straight forward western fun. Except for the timemachine train... but who cares?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 01:42 PM
coolmovies

I like two as well three is ok going back to the orignal it was the best movie ever made until they made Lotr

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 06:09 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

i cant choose a fave out of the BTTF series, i really do like every one of them.

i think that if there was more space between BTTF2 & 3, then 2 would probably have less 'holes', i heard something on the DVD extras that BTTF2 suffered because there was not a lot of tiem for editing etc. (something like that)

whats everyones fave BTTF?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 06:19 PM