KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » The official "Back to the Future" series thread.

The official "Back to the Future" series thread.
Started by: Adam Hussein

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you will read earlier post, it is explained that he was slowly dying and fading away and why, and because of this, 2015 isn't altered because he altered the timeline where he doesn't live in the year 2015, therefore having no affect on it, no visible affect anyway. Im sure his family and other little things like that are affected by his death and his grandsons, if he has one since he died, doesn't have him around anymore to wax and buff his car and stuff like that.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 04:56 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

number 3 was on today, but we don't have the channel so i couldn't look at it, even thought its the worse one, but since they've been coming on lately for some reason and i looked at 1 and 2 again, i thought i might as way look at 3 again.

Anybody know why they are showing them all of a sudden all over tv, maybe just a random thing and thought they'd bring them back out again for a while.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 04:58 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bksdrums

These are good arguments. If I remember correctly, in part 3, Doc was supposed to meet a school teacher at the train station when she arrived. When Marty came back, he stopped Doc from meeting Clara. So, even if Marty never went back to 1885, Doc still would've met Clara. I may be wrong on this, but I could swear thats how Doc was supposed to meet Clara originally. But if he did meet her at the train station as originally planned, she never would have gone off in the ravine.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 06:59 AM
bksdrums is currently offline Click here to Send bksdrums a Private Message Find more posts by bksdrums Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Thats why she wouldn't have crashed into the ravine. Wait a minute, after doc had saved Clara he found out that the ravine was named after her and was worried that he had gone and ruined the future. But he had already changed time, if he was gonna go see her at the train station then she wouldn't have died so either way he changed it so why get worried over this when she was gonna live anyway?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 11:46 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why is the Clayton ravine called this before, even though she does not fall in

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 04:23 PM
bloodboy is currently offline Click here to Send bloodboy a Private Message Find more posts by bloodboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it is clever that in bttf1 Biff calls George Mcfly a "Irish Bug" and martys great-great granparents came to america from ireland alien

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 05:16 PM
bloodboy is currently offline Click here to Send bloodboy a Private Message Find more posts by bloodboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules
Thats why she wouldn't have crashed into the ravine. Wait a minute, after doc had saved Clara he found out that the ravine was named after her and was worried that he had gone and ruined the future. But he had already changed time, if he was gonna go see her at the train station then she wouldn't have died so either way he changed it so why get worried over this when she was gonna live anyway?

yea that part never made sense to me.

Unless Doc and Clara met in 1885....then Doc gets shot first...tombstone says "beloved by Clara"

Then Clara goes and plunges down the ravine....out of lost love or whatever...hence, Clayton ravine.

It's all a bit screwed up.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 06:13 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

IN bttf2 you can see two people in the time machine when marty from bttf1 goes back to 1985. BUt you must look ver carefully or use the slow and pause button if you have it on dvd

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 06:41 PM
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

In back to the future3 at the end of the film Clayton Ravine changes to Eastwood ravine even though nobody except Doc and Clara seen Marty/Clint Eastwood fall off

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 06:44 PM
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

They obviously told people.

"What ever happened to your Clint Eastwood friend?"

"He tragically fell off the ravine with the train."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 08:10 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yea thanks

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 08:15 PM
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Actually, being the heartless bastard I am, I was saying that Doc should've just got in the car at the end and let Clara die on the train. That would've set time right, the ravine would've been called Clayton Ravine again.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 09:30 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Then again it might have ruined it since his grave had her name on meaning that she had meant to live.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 10:19 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

She lived only because Doc went back to 1885. If Doc hadn't been at that time, Clara would've died.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 11:33 PM
steverules
The doctor

There wasn't much he could have done to prevent going back and saving her by meeting her at the station any way. Past was re written as soon as he made that time machine.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 11:38 PM
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Doc and Marty prevented any death then wouldent the tombstone have Docs name on it. He would have died through a natural course of time. I mean if he was about 50 or 60 something in bttf and the letter Marty got in 1955 was not given to him for 70 years then Doc could not have possibly lived that long

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 08:08 PM
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

There wasn't much he could have done to prevent going back and saving her by meeting her at the station any way. Past was re written as soon as he made that time machine.

Ah, so you're going by the fate thing. Well, if the past was already rewritten when Doc made the time machine....

1) Marty's dad wouldn't be such a wuss at the beginning of the movie.
2) Biff wouldn't be so tough at the beginning.
3) Marty's mom wouldn't be so heavy at the beginning.
4) Twin Pines Mall would already be called Lone Pine Mall.
5) They wouldn't have even remembered the ravine as Clayton Ravine.

There are many reasons, I just named a few I could think of. Time changes only at the time they change it.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 08:47 PM
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Originally posted by bloodboys2blueb
If Doc and Marty prevented any death then wouldent the tombstone have Docs name on it. He would have died through a natural course of time. I mean if he was about 50 or 60 something in bttf and the letter Marty got in 1955 was not given to him for 70 years then Doc could not have possibly lived that long

Yes, Doc would be dead still. His grave wouldn't necessarily be in the same place though.

Which brings up something that doesn't make sense in Part 3. When Marty and Doc both live at the end, the picture of the tombstone turns into a picture of the dirt. Why would they leave that gravespot empty? Why not bury someone else there?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 08:51 PM
steverules
The doctor

Time was rewritten, marty went into the past in the future, so the the future him changed the past, it was all set, if he had gone forward in time to the day he went back to 1955 then he would go back and find his dad changed.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 02:14 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

okay, that above message was written so poorly and confusing. No offense.

How does someone "go into the past in the future"?

And yall have hit so many good/bad points that I won't even try and comment on them all or any of them for that matter. Just confusing getting all of that information at once. I must need to watch 3 over again, b/c i'm really off on that one, most likely b/c i didn't like that one so much of it wasn't retained in my memory b/c i didn't find it interesting enough.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 05:38 AM