KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Psychics are wrong?

Psychics are wrong?
Started by: Shakyamunison

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chithappens
One psychic told me I would be wearing glasses one day. Then she poured acid in my eyes...

laughing I hate when they do that.

I had one tell me, years ago, that I would write a book. I have not done that, yet...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 06:55 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
There are some people who claim to know your future by reading your palm. I don't beleive in that.

There are others who claim they can sense your aura, in some way, and know what you are feeling even from a distance. Like some kind of intuition which expands outward. I am open to the possibility of such a thing.

I've taken courses on dreams, and there's something called "Dreaming in Tandem" where two people have the same exact dream. Usually one where they were both in it, and the same events happened. This can only happen, supposedly, in people who are very close...who have almost no secrets between eachother, and who trust eachother 100%.

It's interesting. I am open to what the human mind can do. smile

any even remotely plausible mechanism for how any of that happens?

because, as open to the "mind" as I am, you can't just make stuff up

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 06:56 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by inimalist
...because, as open to the "mind" as I am, you can't just make stuff up

But some people can...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 06:59 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

any even remotely plausible mechanism for how any of that happens?

How the hell would I know ?

because, as open to the "mind" as I am, you can't just make stuff up

You're not very open. Certain things cannot be explained by conventional or modern means, and you have to accept that. If not, it's your loss, not mine.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 07:01 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

You're not very open. Certain things cannot be explained by conventional or modern means, and you have to accept that. If not, it's your loss, not mine.

your first answer indicates that you have no idea what conventional or modern means are, let alone what they can explain.

and no, its not my loss if i don't believe nonsense.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 07:10 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

However, if something cannot be proven one way or the other, it is better to side with the simplest answer. The idea that people fake, imagine, or delude them selves, is a far simpler an answer to the questions you posed, then some mysterious unknown force that does not manifest its self in any other manner.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 07:13 PM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
However, if something cannot be proven one way or the other, it is better to side with the simplest answer. The idea that people fake, imagine, or delude them selves, is a far simpler an answer to the questions you posed, then some mysterious unknown force that does not manifest its self in any other manner.

Do you remember your previous PM to me ? About the dreams you have been having ?

I am confused that you could confide in me those claims, yet be skeptical when a person tells you that they have the same dream as someone else on the same night, where the same images and events occured in that dream.

Originally posted by inamilist
your first answer indicates that you have no idea what conventional or modern means are, let alone what they can explain.

You cannot experience what someone else experiences. You cannot invade another's perception, no matter what scientific method you use.

Some things cannot be explained. Whether or not they will be explainable in the future is another matter.

Originally posted by inamilist
and no, its not my loss if i don't believe nonsense.

If something can benefit you, but you are closed off to it because it does not comform to your own developed logic, than yes, it's your loss.

You have the right to beleive what you beleive, but you don't have to attack others for thier beleifs, unless thier beleifs actually offend you.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 07:22 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

What energies?
Vibrations like wave forms intermingle with all other vibrations, so whats to say that one persons vibration cannot pick up on another?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 07:23 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by debbiejo
Vibrations like wave forms intermingle with all other vibrations, so whats to say that one persons vibration cannot pick up on another?

What vibrations? Like if I clap my hands?

Do you remember your previous PM to me ? About the dreams you have been having ?

I am confused that you could confide in me those claims, yet be skeptical when a person tells you that they have the same dream as someone else on the same night, where the same images and events occured in that dream.

I told you that I was skeptical of my own dreams. I was only using them as an illustration in our conversation.

Last edited by Shakyamunison on Nov 29th, 2007 at 07:28 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 07:26 PM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

What vibrations?

YOU KNOW ! VIBRATIONS

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 07:27 PM
tsilamini

You cannot experience what someone else experiences. You cannot invade another's perception, no matter what scientific method you use.

Some things cannot be explained. Whether or not they will be explainable in the future is another matter.

what can't be explained?

mind you, for you to be as open minded as you like to pretend, you would have to be just as open to the idea that what you have experienced is confirmation bias as you want me to be about your woo woo nonsense.

If something can benefit you, but you are closed off to it because it does not comform to your own developed logic, than yes, it's your loss.

actually, I avoid many things that provide the psychological benefits that religion (re: belief in psychics) give. Those are psychological benefits based on the way our brains are assembled, they have little to do with what's going on in reality. I wouldn't have to explain the placebo effect to someone as learned as you.

You have the right to beleive what you beleive, but you don't have to attack others for thier beleifs, unless thier beleifs actually offend you.

You are right, I don't HAVE to do anything

however I want to.

As I have decided to dedicate my life to understanding the human brain, I feel very sad for people who have been swindled into believing things that are so blatantly false. It is my joy to attack these things.

They don't offend me, but if you want me to be cynically pragmatic, they are a competitor whom I would like to burry.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 07:30 PM
chithappens

I think the mind is capable of A LOT. We can actually simulate senses in dreams as if we are actually feeling those things.

Reading the future though... Only possible because I can't prove it impossible.

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 07:34 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

all the things mentioned and many more can happen. practically anything, at specific "level". being gifted mentally doesnt just limit u to telepathy/telekenesis/ precognition. it isnt like that. what u have is potential/energy/awarness in a sumwhat abstract way. these can be used depending on ur control or area of talent to create any number of effects.

n yea, it might be overly rare. but it exists. cant think of any MECHANISMS as yet, but sum1 told me that part of it is genetic{dont ask me HOW lol} .

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:00 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

quote:
What vibrations? Like if I clap my hands?
Are you gonna make me say that word again???
blink

Last edited by debbiejo on Nov 29th, 2007 at 08:04 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:02 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Are you gonna make me say that word again???
blink

Yes... evil face Then I can make fun of you. stick out tongue laughing

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:03 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

QUANTUM

Better??? angel

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:04 PM
tsilamini

Originally posted by leonheartmm
dont ask me HOW lol

wow, that just happens to be the most important question

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:05 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

QUANTUM

Better??? angel

What about QUANTUM? stick out tongue laughing

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:08 PM
leonheartmm

what can't be explained?

mind you, for you to be as open minded as you like to pretend, you would have to be just as open to the idea that what you have experienced is confirmation bias as you want me to be about your woo woo nonsense.

actually, I avoid many things that provide the psychological benefits that religion (re: belief in psychics) give. Those are psychological benefits based on the way our brains are assembled, they have little to do with what's going on in reality. I wouldn't have to explain the placebo effect to someone as learned as you.

You are right, I don't HAVE to do anything

however I want to.

As I have decided to dedicate my life to understanding the human brain, I feel very sad for people who have been swindled into believing things that are so blatantly false. It is my joy to attack these things.

They don't offend me, but if you want me to be cynically pragmatic, they are a competitor whom I would like to burry.

true, most people beleive in it because they have little understanding of the physical brain. true, most people who claim such powers are frauds taking advantage of people. true, you have the most evidence to back up your claims.

however, it would be sad for you if there really was even one person in the world who was a psychic/mystic which cud truly not be explained by your perspective wudnt it. if there were more to it than met your eye or your perspective. just saying.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:09 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:10 PM