KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Psychics are wrong?

Psychics are wrong?
Started by: Shakyamunison

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo
QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM QUANTUM

Well, that makes it perfectly clear. laughing

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:11 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by leonheartmm
however, it would be sad for you if there really was even one person in the world who was a psychic/mystic which cud truly not be explained by your perspective wudnt it. if there were more to it than met your eye or your perspective. just saying.

produce that one person

quite the contrary, I would not be sad. In fact, were I the one to find that person, it would essentially mean I could retire before I was 25.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:13 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

They repitition is a good brain washing tool! cool

[edit] Hey, where'd ya go, Shaky?? Keep up with me, will ya? confused

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:13 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by debbiejo
They repitition is a good brain washing tool! cool

[edit] Hey, where'd ya go, Shaky??

Use the QUANTUM to find me Deb. laughing

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:14 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Use the QUANTUM to find me Deb. laughing
laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:16 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

quote:
wow, that just happens to be the most important question

and one which i do not have an answer to. but one which you do not have an answer for either, one that will satisfy me anyway. infact, if there was, we wudnt be having this convo and you wud be a beleiver in psychics.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:17 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

and one which i do not have an answer to. but one which you do not have an answer for either, one that will satisfy me anyway. infact, if there was, we wudnt be having this convo and you wud be a beleiver in psychics.

but that just means that you are unwilling to accept any evidence which is contrary to your belief, whereas I say, produce the evidence to support what you believe.

Not being able to even think of a way to test a claim is worse than it being wrong.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:20 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

Originally posted by inimalist
produce that one person

quite the contrary, I would not be sad. In fact, were I the one to find that person, it would essentially mean I could retire before I was 25.

u wud be sad that a sizeable part of your life was dedicated to the pursuit of a goal which didnt exist. u wud be sad that a significant amount of brain power was used to try and further and propogate that goal. you would also be sad that you were deceived by whatevr was around you into beleiving sumthing that wasnt true.
{ofcourse, IF it ever happens stick out tongue }

i didnt say that u wud be the one finding that person or any such people. it is highly unlikely that u will ever stumble on one let alone be aware of what they can do.

it is not upto me to "produce" people. i am not one of those people otherwise i may produce myself.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:23 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

u wud be sad that a sizeable part of your life was dedicated to the pursuit of a goal which didnt exist. u wud be sad that a significant amount of brain power was used to try and further and propogate that goal. you would also be sad that you were deceived by whatevr was around you into beleiving sumthing that wasnt true.
{ofcourse, IF it ever happens stick out tongue }

i didnt say that u wud be the one finding that person or any such people. it is highly unlikely that u will ever stumble on one let alone be aware of what they can do.

it is not upto me to "produce" people. i am not one of those people otherwise i may produce myself.

no, really, i'm not committed to the position that psychics don't exist. If they did, and if you think they do, then there must be some evidence.

From what is known of neurology, every possible explanation for psychic power that exists is asinine.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:28 PM
leonheartmm

but that just means that you are unwilling to accept any evidence which is contrary to your belief, whereas I say, produce the evidence to support what you believe.

Not being able to even think of a way to test a claim is worse than it being wrong.

contrary and negating are two different things. i accept most of the evidence which u might perceive to be contrary to my claim. but i have not seen anythignnegating it. but going further, i also accept evidence "for" my claim{and dont worry, it isnt sumthing purely intellectual or psuedo scientific like quantum mind theory or qualia}, and i have enough of that in my own personal expirience i think.
sadly, i am not a psychic or mystic, so i cant present any evidence that way. and i can not speak for people who may be, they are not lab rats and have their own reason for doing what they do.
you dont HAVE to beleive me u know. i just know that either way, it wont change sum facts from my perspective.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:33 PM
leonheartmm

no, really, i'm not committed to the position that psychics don't exist. If they did, and if you think they do, then there must be some evidence.

From what is known of neurology, every possible explanation for psychic power that exists is asinine.

what is known of neurology is little. that isnt any reason to dis it, but just saying. and neurology "might" not be all there is to it. it is often hard to integrate physical sciences with the way we see complex systems in the world working due to the fact that the probability of everything having unique order and not vreaking down into randomness and systems with no human/social macro structure is so much higher than the probability of probability based systems working to create and sustain the human mid/body and society etc. ofcourse, u can go ahead and critique that too.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:38 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yup, I believe in Psychic Abilities.

Specifically Sylvia Brown's Psychic Abilities.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:59 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

john madden is psychic. the man is never wrong

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 09:03 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by InnerRise
Yup, I believe in Psychic Abilities.

Specifically Sylvia Brown's Psychic Abilities.

Originally posted by chithappens
john madden is psychic. the man is never wrong

You only know what you have been told. It is more likely that these people do not tell the public when they are wrong.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 09:20 PM
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

Originally posted by SpearofDestiny

There are others who claim they can sense your aura, in some way, and know what you are feeling even from a distance. Like some kind of intuition which expands outward. I am open to the possibility of such a thing.

i totally didnt read any further than this bc I thought this was soo unbeleivable

I have this. Like...not all the time...but I can feel different emotions in colors, or I can see people who have certain "colors"

idk, it sounds crazy, but on certain days, if I concentrate, people seem to....radiate a dull color....as though slightly tinted light is coming from them.

idk if that counts lol......

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 09:24 PM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

You only know what you have been told. It is more likely that these people do not tell the public when they are wrong.
I only know what I've been told?

That makes no sense.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 09:29 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I only know what I've been told?

That makes no sense.

Do you know Sylvia Brown personally? Have you looked at all the predictions that person has made? Do you know who handles her press releases?

I didn't think so.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 09:32 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you know Sylvia Brown personally? Have you looked at all the predictions that person has made? Do you know who handles her press releases?

I didn't think so.
You asked me a bunch of questions and you responded as if you already know the answers.

Huge Contradiction.

Don't tell me what I don't know........then assume you know the InnerGoings of my life.

Capiche?

Good.

You know only what you've been told. Oh guess what........I haven't told you anything.......therefore you know nothing.

I love how that works.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 09:37 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

You asked me a bunch of questions and you responded as if you already know the answers.

Huge Contradiction.

Don't tell me what I don't know........then assume you know the InnerGoings of my life.

Capiche?

Good.

You know only what you've been told. Oh guess what........I haven't told you anything.......therefore you know nothing.

I love how that works.

No, I do not Capiche!

I was answering your question with an illustration. It really had nothing to do with you. Please try to look past yourself and understand. There are people in the world who make a living telling you (again, I am not talking about you personally, but you, I and everyone else generally) selective truths that can lead to a false impression of what they can do. Magicians do this all the time. Do you understand?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 09:45 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Now Shaky, lighten up. I can do the circle, triangle, square thingie... big grin

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 09:46 PM