KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Cold War

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Cold War
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (45): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Wraith pulls his lightsaber back, giving him the capability to Defend with his lightsaber. This gives you a defense of 15 against incoming attacks.

Dak, you Combat Push. A 6 doesn't do much for you.

Ker'Raos closes the gap between him and R4, twirling his sword rapidly for a Sword Whirl, raising his lightsaber skill to 12. He then executes an astounding Flip, springing up and over R4, lightsaber arcing downwards at the droid's conical head. The blade flickers off the shield, inflicting no damage as Ker'Raos rolls a 2. R4 dodged, though, putting him on equal frames with you guys.

The orbs attack! They unroll to form little three-legged mini-bots that are mostly just mobile guns. They employ tiny charged needle launchers, rapidly spraying electrically-charged needles. On Wraith, they roll a 3 and a 16. On Dak, 13 and 14. For Wraith, that's a hit for eight damage. Dak's all clear.

-

WAREHOUSE SKIRMISH

Dak: 2/13/34

Wraith: 1/8/34

Ker'Raos: 8/18/35

R4: 70/34

Death Orbs x 4: 0/35

-

Wraith and Dak, you're up before anyone else.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 05:57 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Dak flourishes his sabers into a blur before striking at R4.

Sword Whirl, then an attack.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 05:48 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

Wraith will also Sword Whirl and whack at a Death Orb.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 06:41 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Dak's Sword Whirl gives R4 the chance to strike first, attacking with his flamethrower to ignite poor Ker'Raos. 14 damage to him, and he is on fire. Ker'Raos had a free dodge, however, and uses his frame advantage to put himself out.

Then, Dak strikes! This time, his attack is good. Attacking with a skill of 15, Dak whisks his lightsaber right through the shield upon rolling a 15. R4 squeals in protest as he takes 16 damage.

However, he stays up.

Wraith swipes at one of the orbs. 15 damage to it!

-

WAREHOUSE SKIRMISH

Dak: 10/13/38

Wraith: 12/8/38

Ker'Raos: 14/32/38

R4: 87/37

Death Orbs x 3: 0/35
Death Orb x1: 15/35

-

Pool refreshes.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 04:26 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Snap in another saber attack, Defend against attacks.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 05:30 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Again, Dak manages to drive his swords through the droid's obnoxious shielding. This time, however, the lightsabers pierce straight through R4's dome, shattering his single black eye and melting his computer brain. Sparks and smoke sputter from the astromech's shell before it shuts down for the last time.

The Death Orbs, without the coordination of R4, opt for emergency deactivation and roll back into their ball forms.

"That was fun," Ker'Raos says. "I'm not being sarcastic, not at all..."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 09:56 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Dak deactivates his sabers, replacing them in his wrist braces, before kicking the smoking metal figure.

"Hey, we're alive, aren't we? Any one you walk away from..."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 02:18 PM
General Zink
Bane

Wraith hangs his lightsaber on his belt.

"Those things are nasty," Wraith says, nudging one of the orbs with his foot. "I wonder if we could use them..."

Think that's possible? Fix-It check?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 09:23 PM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Commandeer the Death Orbs? You would need to tear out R4's transmitter and alternate command system for them, but that's entirely possible with your Fix-It score. Anything else you could salvage from R4 that would be useful...is pretty much just ammunition for his heavy weapons. Otherwise, buggery.

"You would wonder that," Ker'Raos says. "Anyways, we should get out of here. The authorities are going to want to check out why this warehouse sounded like a warzone..."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 09:32 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

"We can work out the balls of doom back at the ship. Let's get back quickly, corpses, while fun to make, cause too many questions."

Naturally, we ought to bring R4's "corpse" back with us.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 07:31 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Between the three of you, you are able to scoop up R4 and his remotes. The damaged-beyond-repair astromech is awkward to carry, and heavy, but you two are in top physical shape. Ker'Raos has all the orbs, carrying them awkwardly.

Upon returning to the Black Dawn, you are able to inform the person who issued the bounty for R4 that you have destroyed him. They tell you to do what you like with R4, use him for spare parts, and such. You could definitely use spare parts. The Black Dawn, for all your cash, is consistently in disrepair.

The credits are transferred to your account, and the deed is done. R4 is no longer an issue for anyone.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 09:20 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

"Well that was a fun... short... thrill."

Dak sits in a chair, the rush of the kill already completely gone. Rummaging through the mess of the ship, he pulls out a toolkit and begins cutting R4 into parts (I assume Fix-it is the relevant skill for tugging out useful bits).

"We killed a droid. Isn't life on this fitc'fusa of a planet grand?"

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 07:47 PM
General Zink
Bane

Wraith, having gathered nothing useful from the bounty but spare parts, tinkers with the Death Orbs, figuring out how to reprogram them.

"Indeed," Wraith replies. "I call dibs on the flamethrower, by the way."

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 08:13 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, it would be Fix-It. Wraith is a teeny bit better than Dak with this sort of stuff, and has rolled better anyways. Wraith manages to get the transmitter out of R4 and reprogram the Death Orbs to his ownership. Dak, however, only succeeds in getting out most of R4's weaponry: the flamethrower, the miniature torpedo launcher, and pistols.

The concussion wave emitter, however, may have to be scrapped if someone else doesn't get a gander at it in the future. Ker'Raos votes to keep the scrapped astromech, just in case said person is met. There was also a static shock rod, a disruptor pistol, and a gas cannister launcher, but they must have been spent on the men that R4 killed earlier as they have no charge. R4's computer brain is also rather melted and unsalvageable.

Ker'Raos has no technological skill; all of this technology is new to him, sort of.

Night had fallen before you had even entered the warehouse and the night is passing fast. Ker'Raos bids farewells and heads off to his cot.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jan 1st, 2008 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 08:25 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Dak tosses the torpedo launcher and pistols into a bag, then regards the flamethrower. "My ship, my tools, and I pulled it out. I say it's mine." He glares at Wraith, daring the man to challenge him.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 08:51 PM
General Zink
Bane

"Do you not know what dibs means?" Wraith asks, looking up from his completed work on the Orbs.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 09:16 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

"I know what it means. I'm just saying, I think that's my flamethrower."

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 09:20 PM
General Zink
Bane

"Nah, I called it. Besides, do you even know how to use that thing? Or a gun, for that matter?"

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 09:22 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

"Of course I do," Dak growls, "What kind of stupid question is that? And how would you like to do things without the Dawn, or my or Ker's help? You'd be served up as someone's drink by the second day, I think."

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 09:28 PM
General Zink
Bane

"I highly doubt that," Wraith says. "I've worked alone before and did rather well, thanks. I only stick with others because Kuylen proved that that got stuff done, really."

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 04:11 AM