KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » what does the government do for you?

what does the government do for you?
Started by: Wålshy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
debbiejo
Dreamer

Makes me have to get a passport just to go to Canada.. sad

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 06:03 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

Government is a necessary evil. Without it corporations would run everything which seems to be the way it's going anyway. As imperfect as it is, I'd much rather live in a world ruled by government law than by corporate policy. Government seems to be the only tool left to keep corporations from turning us all into a bunch of serfs.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 12:43 AM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)

??

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
and creating weapons of mass destruction?

It's up to you to exercise your right to vote, and vote for a candidate whose policy it is to stop making them. If you either don't vote, or vote for someone else - Bush for example, then you have no right to complain.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 01:30 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

What the hell is this? Are all of you anarchists? (I see anarchy as evil because humans are not progressed well enough to live peacefully in anarchy/pure communism/law of consecration, etc.)

Government will always be necessary as long as humans are human.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 06:43 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
??

It's up to you to exercise your right to vote, and vote for a candidate whose policy it is to stop making them. If you either don't vote, or vote for someone else - Bush for example, then you have no right to complain.
I'm not complaining, just telling it like it is.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 06:57 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

govament took my tacos mad

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 06:58 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

The government givee me the oppurtunity to vote for the lesser of two criminals.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 12:34 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
Government is a necessary evil. Without it corporations would run everything which seems to be the way it's going anyway. As imperfect as it is, I'd much rather live in a world ruled by government law than by corporate policy. Government seems to be the only tool left to keep corporations from turning us all into a bunch of serfs.

Halliburton. And companies like them. (And Enron before that) two examples of US corporate mammoths that are were totally in bed with the government over there, weren't they...?

Lets face it, the whole Iraq wars have been little other than horrifiyingly expensive (lifewise) enforcements of oil company policy.

Lot of innocent folks dying for those particular profits.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 02:02 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by exanda kane
NHS
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The government has given me roads.

Both of that you payed for. You might have better roads and better health care if the government did not steal your money actually.

We have to realize that government doesn't do ANYTHING for us. We pay money so we get something in return, the government itself is nothing more than our tool. OURS!

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 04:39 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote