KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Hiya Guys, Just a Small Little Rant

Hiya Guys, Just a Small Little Rant
Started by: RememberS&S

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SelinaAndBruce

I really just don't get the Sparrabeth hype. A kiss where she killed him, and then kissed a bunch of other people in the film who also happened to die or nearly die later. I would never want Jack with Frumpy the False Pirate and I don't feel they parallel each other at all. I just wish they had never kissed and she never nearly killed him and that she wasn't running around giving her kiss of death to every man in the film. They really wrecked the Elizabeth character after Pirates one. In Pirates one she was respectable charming but strong in a believable way.

By two they piled on the hype making her an insta master swordsman and having her pretty much act a little too flirty with Sparrow while she was supposed to be in love with Will. Regardless of why she was doing what she did I am still disgusted Will was not angrier at her for kissing Sparrow and them having killed him. That was pretty treacherous.

And in three she was just smooching everybody and a Pirate King...yick.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 07:31 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

I think he was quite angry at her, but mostly just hurt - he couldn't understand why she would do something like that, and then not tell him.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 02:35 PM
savvysparrowluv is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrowluv a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrowluv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

What's wrong with her being a Pirate King? That's her dream come true and she was a pretty good one considering the pirates actually did work together to defeat their enemy and there is nothing to say that she didn't keep the title for at least the next ten years.

You don't think Will was angry? I could delve into it, but this doesn't seem like the place.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 04:07 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

Will clearly WAS angry. And, he got his revenge. Yep. Tricked the wench into marrying him just moments before he was planning on stabbing the heart, becoming captain of the flying dutchman, and ruining the rest of her life with the curse that would force her to be faithful to someone she would barely ever see again. Now THAT'S what I call revenge.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 05:26 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

quote: (post)
Originally posted by katelovespirate
Will clearly WAS angry. And, he got his revenge. Yep. Tricked the wench into marrying him just moments before he was planning on stabbing the heart, becoming captain of the flying dutchman, and ruining the rest of her life with the curse that would force her to be faithful to someone she would barely ever see again. Now THAT'S what I call revenge.

I guess but lucky for Will he doesn't have to see her but once every 10 years, if he wants laughing

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 08:25 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by willofthewisp
What's wrong with her being a Pirate King? That's her dream come true and she was a pretty good one considering the pirates actually did work together to defeat their enemy and there is nothing to say that she didn't keep the title for at least the next ten years.

You don't think Will was angry? I could delve into it, but this doesn't seem like the place.

To me they just didn't develop the story right. The series was a mess after number 1 IMO. They had to do waaay too much overhauling with Elizabeth and it ended up hurting her character. I look at Liz in one and she doesn't even seem like the same person by Pirates 3. Will changed too but I think for the better and at his core not much. And Jack...as always is Jack laughing out loud

It's funny because at first I sort of liked Liz, loved Jack and Will got on my nerves. Then as I watched the movies I liked Liz less with each one and Jack and Will became cemented in my heart as favorites. The movies did them favors, but really her none.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 08:27 PM
RememberS&S

Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
To me they just didn't develop the story right. The series was a mess after number 1 IMO. They had to do waaay too much overhauling with Elizabeth and it ended up hurting her character. I look at Liz in one and she doesn't even seem like the same person by Pirates 3. Will changed too but I think for the better and at his core not much. And Jack...as always is Jack laughing out loud

It's funny because at first I sort of liked Liz, loved Jack and Will got on my nerves. Then as I watched the movies I liked Liz less with each one and Jack and Will became cemented in my heart as favorites. The movies did them favors, but really her none.

Jack is always Jack?

So he hasn't changed at all, he's the same looney toons pirate who could be mistaken as a cartoon? He didn't develop a character and grow out of his 2D personality? Jack is nothing but a cheap laugh and typical Disney comedy? He can't find true love, he can't raise kids, he can't be anything more than a pirate that sleeps around with sleezy whores?

Wow, just goes to show what a joke Jack is to everyone.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 10:02 PM
RememberS&S is currently offline Click here to Send RememberS&S a Private Message Find more posts by RememberS&S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

If they make a 4th, Will sure as hell wont be there to ruin it again

Seriously...trying to make the lamest character cool, just doesnt work, He still looks like a complete gay boy, even when they tried to make him look like Jack..he looked like some criminal's male prostitute in prison.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 10:07 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

^^ Lol stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 10:33 PM
savvysparrowluv is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrowluv a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrowluv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by LovelyOne
If they make a 4th, Will sure as hell wont be there to ruin it again

Seriously...trying to make the lamest character cool, just doesnt work, He still looks like a complete gay boy, even when they tried to make him look like Jack..he looked like some criminal's male prostitute in prison.

The only person who ruined Pirates of the Carribean was Jane of all trades Elizabeth kissing everyone in the damn movie and then them dying after she kissed em. Too bad she couldn't lay a smooch on herself.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 11:12 PM
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by RememberS&S
Jack is always Jack?

So he hasn't changed at all, he's the same looney toons pirate who could be mistaken as a cartoon? He didn't develop a character and grow out of his 2D personality? Jack is nothing but a cheap laugh and typical Disney comedy? He can't find true love, he can't raise kids, he can't be anything more than a pirate that sleeps around with sleezy whores?

Wow, just goes to show what a joke Jack is to everyone.

Jack is hardly a joke he's clearly the awesomest character in the entire series.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 11:13 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Finally, something positive.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 12:59 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

LOVELYONE!!!!!! HIIIII!!!!!!!! We MISS you!!!!!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 01:06 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RememberS&S

Jack is hardly a joke he's clearly the awesomest character in the entire series.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying, you said Jack is always Jack, does this mean he doesn't change? You're impling that he's just a non developing character, and if he doesn't develop then he doesn't have a purpose other than providing cheap laughs.

If he doesn't change and grow through his experiences then he isn't real. Human beings change, their characters change, their views on life and their values change. If Jack had just gone back to his former life then there is no point whatsoever in DMC and AWE, and everyone spent all this money for nothing but some special effects and a weak plot.

Obviously people would rather have an 'awsome' character than a human being as Jack.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 03:02 AM
RememberS&S is currently offline Click here to Send RememberS&S a Private Message Find more posts by RememberS&S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

she was being sarcastic! Didn't you read it....don't you now where remember stands!

You are obsessed with disliking Elizabeth and Keira..what's up with that?

I honestly cannot relate where you are coming from..because if anyone was a bore in the film and lacked excitement it was Will Turner, by far...hands down! I find myself yawning whenever he is in a scene without Jack!
Jack and Will togehter on adventures...get real.....Jack would soon grow tired of Will's self-righteousness and throw him overboard..the man is a total bore.....LOl that reminds me of the deleted scene when in the Tortuga bar Gibbs comments that Will is a bit of a stick and Jack responds "you have no idea"...Stick in the mud equals boring as all get out!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 03:20 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Well, shiver me timbers--I think we can dispense with the 'small little' wink part of this forum title--Major twisty bendy stuff going on here roll eyes (sarcastic) --keep delivering the broadsides--FIRE ALL!! stick out tongue There's plenty of shot where this came from big grin

Oh, Miz Lovely One--check out Before Night Falls. Mr. Depp gives a quite believable performance as the Cuban lt. Victor in the prison and also, BonBon, a darlin' slip of a "criminal's male prostitute in prison". It's definitely not what I thought I might be seeing in this lifetime, but as always, Mr. Depp produces.

Can I leave a marker and when the dust settles, I'd like to know the outcome--Step it up please, aginners, no disrespect intended--just there has been some fine thinking going on these last few months in the various forums and the agins here are being overshadowed by the laser intell and sheer numbers of the devoutly Sparrabeth.

Just becos...okay, that is a reason, given that we all pays our money and takes our choice--that can seriously be done without ever mentioning any other ship (I have been a little shocked by the ones that profess Will/Jack yucko). So, back to work--send up a flare after the boarding parties decide who still 'stands'--oh, or if y'all tangent off on something I'd like to rant, smallishly, littley rant you know laughing .

Sam's my favorite pet--and Mr. Depp's lips should be enshrined in the Smithsonian--absolutely, positively, perfect, please make him say blue balloons, uniquely, hugeishly, thought-stoppin', jaw droppin', eye poppin', decidedly, achingly kissable lips in the whole of the Spanish Main, nay, the world! Can I have an "ohhhbaby!?", ohhhbaby!

Siggy by Savvy wink

Last edited by texgodiva2s on Dec 8th, 2007 at 04:08 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 03:58 AM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by RememberS&S
I don't think you understand what I'm saying, you said Jack is always Jack, does this mean he doesn't change? You're impling that he's just a non developing character, and if he doesn't develop then he doesn't have a purpose other than providing cheap laughs.

If he doesn't change and grow through his experiences then he isn't real. Human beings change, their characters change, their views on life and their values change. If Jack had just gone back to his former life then there is no point whatsoever in DMC and AWE, and everyone spent all this money for nothing but some special effects and a weak plot.

Obviously people would rather have an 'awsome' character than a human being as Jack.

People change but at our essence there are some things we will do and some things we simply won't do. That's what makes us who we are. I think Jack did change somewhat but I mean the character really stayed true to what he was all along, a kind of loveable anti hero. He still kept his shadiness through out the films at the end he was still willing to double cross Barbosa in order to get to what he wanted. He lost out on his immortality one way but he was out looking for it another way.

I think Elizabeth came out of the movie looking worse than everyone else though they just stretched her all out of shape to further the plot line along. I ignored the Pirates of the Carribean hype I didn't even come here till I watched the movies myself and I'd never been on any other pirates board. At first I did not like Will, sort of liked Elizabeth and was instantly in love with Jack's character. By the middle of the series I was liking Will less and Elizabeth I lost all respect for when she killed Jack in Pirates 2. In Pirates 3 it was only Will and Jack I liked Elizabeth...I was just burnt out on her by then.

Pity though she was an admirable heroine by the end of Pirates one she just became a flaming joke by the end of Pirates 3. They really should have only done the one movie. Had Jack sailing off into the sunset and Will and Elizabeth together on the rocks there the other two movies really didn't do any favors for the lot of them though Jack Sparrow came out the best of all at the end of the day.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 03:59 AM
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by lovethemtigers
she was being sarcastic! Didn't you read it....don't you now where remember stands!

You are obsessed with disliking Elizabeth and Keira..what's up with that?

I honestly cannot relate where you are coming from..because if anyone was a bore in the film and lacked excitement it was Will Turner, by far...hands down! I find myself yawning whenever he is in a scene without Jack!
Jack and Will togehter on adventures...get real.....Jack would soon grow tired of Will's self-righteousness and throw him overboard..the man is a total bore.....LOl that reminds me of the deleted scene when in the Tortuga bar Gibbs comments that Will is a bit of a stick and Jack responds "you have no idea"...Stick in the mud equals boring as all get out!

Jack would grow tired of Will's self righteousness, but yet some say he would consort with the woman who had him killed and that's a true love story? Okay... laughing out loud

Don't get me wrong I'm not huge Will Turner fan but I will take him over Elizabeth any day out of the week. My fanship is completely that of Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Jack Sparrow alone but if I had to select a partner for him better the eunuch than the murderess.

Last edited by SelinaAndBruce on Dec 8th, 2007 at 04:03 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 04:01 AM
lovethemtigers

yet, but jack admired her......they are pirates.....oh well, so what...it's just a movie...we can over look a thing like that to see more hot kisses between lizzy and jack

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 04:24 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by lovethemtigers
yet, but jack admired her......they are pirates.....oh well, so what...it's just a movie...we can over look a thing like that to see more hot kisses between lizzy and jack

Sorry I have a hard time believing Captain Jack Sparrow would pitch woo with a woman who fed him to the Krakken by chaining him to the mast so she could save her actual true love and a bunch of other pals.

I don't care if you all want to overlook it really at all. I'm a Captain Jack Sparrow fan first like I said and beyond Pirates of the Carribean one I don't care for the Elizabeth character. She was admirable and rootworthy in that movie but from 2 on she was totally unlikeable in my book.

And Captain Jack Sparrow's admiration of her for killing him is just as stupid as her becoming Pirate King and that lame boat speech she gave.

And I think Captain Jack Sparrow said it best when she looked as though she might want to kiss him again at the end of the movie and he countered that once is enough.

Actually Captain Jack Sparrow, once was more than enough. Just ask Norrington.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 04:32 AM