KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Hunted

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Hunted
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « First ... « 31 32 [33] 34 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

That will be to Lok, Kyle, to deliver those potent drugs in your cargo hold.

Kara needs a few more minutes to get the hyperdrive safely functional. Otherwise, it may not cooperate with your nav-computer and you could get launched into a star.

I need an action regarding the TIE Booster on your tail.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 10:26 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

"Get thay guy off our tail, or I'lll come up with another crazy stunt." Kyle tells his gunners. He does his best to coax more power from the sublight drives. "At least keep him busy until we're outta here."

(Gain speed to gain pep, have gunners keep him busy.)

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 12:01 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Flying straight, your gunners have a better time of things... but completely throwing off the TIE is not happening on their gunfire alone. Eerin manages to make it lose one point of Pep, but that is all. Despite having that strangely large engine strapped to its rear, the TIE Booster retains the maneuverability and Hard to Hit specialty of a normal TIE Fighter.

Out in clear space, increasing your speed is easier and you gain three Pep... but the Squadron Leader puts more Fortune into his shots and drops your score by another five points as his lasers scrape across your shields.

---

ESCAPE FROM TATOOINE

The Last Laugh: 30/6

TIE Booster: 0/16

---

"Almost there..." Kara says.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 07:42 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(More of the same, straight and fast, one hand on the hyperdrive levers.)

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2008 03:07 AM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Even with your straight flying, you feel the Last Laugh rumble with the Squadron Leader's continous flow of firepower as he closes the final spaces between your ship and his, strafing Zane's and Eerin's turret fire as he comes...

A light flashes on your dashboard. The hyperdrive is in.

"Punch it!" Kara shouts.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2008 07:06 AM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Without a word, Kyle rams the hyperdrive engage levers forward...

Old Post Aug 10th, 2008 01:40 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The white pinpoints that are stars begin to streak and blur into a tunnel of light... and you are away! The Last Laugh no longer shudders under the cannons of TIE Fighters and instead races smoothly off into the vast reaches of outer space, away from that horrid world called Tatooine.

It must be said, Kyle, now that your adrenaline rush is over... you are freezing now that you are not stranded on the arid sands of Tatooine but soaring in the void.

Eerin, you can only give a sigh of relief that the immediate danger is over... but you know full well from your time with Kyle that it is not over, not in the long run.

Zane powers down his turret and asks a question.

"So... where are we headed?"

-

Lok is not much better than Tatooine. It is hot and unpleasant like Tatooine, but while it is not as hot as the desert world, it is maybe more unpleasant. Sulfuric seas create an incredible stench that is only just barely tolerable. Volcanoes bring up the temperature every so often and blot out the sun and cover the surface with a fine ash. And water is scarce and must be shipped in, as vaporators do not function well or produce water that does not taste like rotten eggs.

But it is not just the environment that makes you want to leave quickly, Kyle. There is an Imperial outpost located near the Great Maze of Lok, your meeting point with the Feeorin drug baron. You are not sure if the Empire is looking for you... yet... but it is an uncomfortable proximity to a base of theirs.

You land near the Great Maze, an ancient structure that nobody is really sure about. Transmitting the correct codes, you receive a response that Rol, the Feeorin drug baron, will be arriving within the hour.

"I have to ask," Zane says, "what the hell are we doing on Lok?"

Old Post Aug 10th, 2008 09:24 PM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

"Before I answer that, I have to ask you something. Will teh Rebellion keep us busy full-time? And for lack of a better term, what are our 'benefits'? Refeuling, repair, refits, hideaways, and all that?"

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 12:38 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"It may be full-time at some point... but not yet. We will expect you to drop whatever you're doing to help, though, unless it is something you cannot easily set down. And benefits? I suppose the Rebellion will be willing to cover your ass... but don't make a habit of it. We'll get that bounty off your head, for starters... but the benefit is that you're doing the right thing by the Galaxy. If money is all your heart yearns for, take the money and run, smuggler."

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 03:37 AM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

"Oh. No, I didn't mean it like that. Eerin and I will be sticking our necks out there for you guys. I don't want us to be left hanging is all." He sighs, his mind is made up. Again. "Just sit back and watch what we do. Judge us by what we will do, and I just hope it'll be worth it. Wait here."

Kyle goes to Eerin (or takes him aside out of earshot) to go over his latest hare-brained scheme. "Eerin, if we're getting out of the bad guy business, and joining this Rebellion, what say we go out with a bang? Look, we got stuck with this crap in our hold. I'm not all high and mighty about most of the stuff we transport, but I'll be spaced if I'm letting these Huttlings think they can do this to us. I say we unload, sit the stuff out front of the bow. When the baron show up, you fry the stuff with the belly gun. We blast out of here never look back at the old life. Crazy I know, but it's been a crazy day." He sticks his hand out, "What do you say?"

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:57 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

After all that had happened, Eerin had almost forgotten about the three crates of completely illegal drugs that they had brought along for the ride. Before he had been completely opposed to handing this shipment over to this drug baron, knowing that it would be sold with immoral intentions. And Eerin was still completely against it, but after being chased by bounty hunters and shot at by Imperial TIE Fighters, Eerin thought maybe it would be best to let it slide and just hand the drugs over...

... but if Captain Ragnor says something as crazy and intentionally good natured as that, Eerin has no choice but to follow him.

"[Aye, sir]," Eerin says, a smile creeping onto his face. "[Bog it all who comes after us for this. I'm sure the Rebellion isn't about fighting off drug barons, but it's a start, sir. Just leave the shields on and power up the belly gun, I'll man it. Have Zane help you push those crates out and then rush back into the ship as I blow them to bits. No need to fry the drug baron or his thugs...]"

Eerin gives a mock salute, then starts off towards the cannons.

"[Kyle, I just have to tell you one thing. Even if we make terrible Rebels, I'm glad to see that it's not just about the money.]"

Eerin heads off after that, ready to blow up some drugs.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Last edited by Bespin Bart on Aug 11th, 2008 at 05:23 AM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 05:08 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Deflector shields up (though not at full power) and turrets online... Zane and Kara are confused but Zane agrees not to ask question. Kara stays in the cockpit; she has minor flight experience, if a quick getaway is needed.

Once the Last Laugh has landed and opened up its cargo bay, Zane helps shunt the heavy crates out onto the yellow, dusty surface of Lok. The sulfuric smell hits your nostrils like a wave of stink. It's almost painful.

There is activity from within the Great Maze, an entrance to which is nearby.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 05:31 AM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

"We're going out with a bang." Kyle answers the puzzled looks.

If the hold is empty, time to board the ship. Well, almost, "Eerin, Kara, get ready." Kyle stops with his feet at the base of the ramp. He wants to wave at the drug baron as he emerges from the Maze. "As soon as the ramp is up, takeoff and fire. I'll take over when I get up there."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 01:02 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Thugs begin to pour out of the Maze, having coming through a separate entrance and made their way through to the designated meeting area. They are all heavily armed; grenades, assault rifles, etcetera.

The Feeorin drug baron comes last, wearing lavish robes of red and purple, and carrying a wicked-looking sword. His expression is also severely confused as he sees that the shipment is already out and you are standing in the mouth of the Last Laugh's cargo bay, waving goodbye.

The repulsor engines start up and the freighter starts to rise...

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 04:24 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

With his turret at full power and the Last Laugh taking off, Eerin takes the opportunity to put the crates filled with illicit drugs in his sights. Once he is satisfied that his shots will have maximum destructive effect against the crate, he squeezes the trigger and pours into them.

After they are obliterated, Eerin sweeps the area, 'encouraging' the drug baron's men to retreat back into the Maze for their lives.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 04:43 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

As soon as the repulors start to whine, Kyle dashes up the ramp and smacks the control to seal it. He dashes up to the cockpit, ready to take his seat at the first convenient opportunity.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 10:26 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Your shots are true, Eerin! In a hail of laserbeams, the crates burst and fragment and burn. The intoxicating liquids and volatile piles ignite and melt into charred nothingness.

The thugs start firing their rifles up at the freighter, but the drug baron waves them off and points his sword into the Maze as Eerin begins sweeping the area with his gun. They run for the safety of the ancient structure and vanish from sight.

Zane is shocked. "THAT is how you do business?"

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 12:47 AM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

"Kyle looks grim, and probably a little pale. That was a lot of credits they just burned. He stares off through the cockpit glass as he speaks.

"No, that's how I get Out of this business. If we're on the good side now, I don't think we should be running drugs. I was never excited about it anyway, but the credits were good. Besides, the worst thing with this run is we didn't know we were running drugs. Eerin and I don't do business like that. We do have a few standards." He snaps out of it. "Okay, set course for wherever you two need to go. Let's get on with this next venture."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 01:24 AM
REXXXX
Networking

That is not entirely true. You in fact were given the manifest of your shipment by Retter back on Nar Shaddaa. That feels like forever ago. In any case, nobody is asking you to be so virtuous that you cannot smear the truth a little. If it is any consolation... you still have plenty of time to work on it.

Zane is impressed by your decision. "It takes a lot of guts to do what you just did. Most smugglers would do what I said you should do; take the money and run. But not you. You have seen that you have a greater responsibility to the Galaxy, now that you have joined up with us. Forget whatever criminal activities you have done; deep down, you are a pure soul. It's just taken you this long to let it show."

Kara is likewise impressed that you destroyed the illicit substances... but not with your execution. "Now we're going to have to convince the Hutts AND this drug lord not yell for Kyle's head. Do you think we can manage that?"

"We can and will," Zane says. "Senator Faust can be very persuasive..."

"You think too much of him, Zane..."

"Yeah, well, you think too little of him. He can be fairly persuasive when he needs to be..."

"Not important," Kara says. She looks over the display for the hyperdrive on your dashboard. "Well, space-case, here's the thing. Your hyperdrive is only temporary. For a hunk of junk, this thing's engines are way too powerful for what I installed. We don't want to keep flying with this drive in its belly or it'll short out."

"That would be bad," Zane says.

"Yup. So, Kyle..." Kara looks over a display. "Set course for Zolan. It's in Imperial space, but we have contacts amongst the Clawdites. We can get a hyperdrive there. And then... to Dantooine."

-

After bargaining with the Clawdites on Zolan for a more powerful hyperdrive, the Last Laugh finally gets the attention and rest it deserves on Dantooine. The hidden Rebel base there has yet to be investigated by Imperial agents. It is during this short span of time that the Last Laugh gets a complete overhaul, the clattering jury-rigs and faulty parts being replaced with a hob-cob of junk... but high quality junk that certainly helps your freighter run ten times smoother.

Also during this time, Zane and Kara vanish from the base. Your Contact, a young man, tells you that they have been sent off to another Rebel cell where their talents are needed. He is not sure if you will ever bump into them again, not with how the Rebellion keeps their operatives spread thin to avoid detection... but you never know. The Galaxy works in mysterious ways.

Last but not least... you are told to go back to your ordinary life. If the Rebellion needs you, they will contact you. Not the other way around. Until that day comes, go about your business. Find new employers since Traleth the Hutt is displeased with you. He is sure you will be able to manage that. After all... you are a phenomenal smuggler.

But there is one thing that bothers you. You do not know what became of Rylis Tavel after the confrontation on Tatooine, but... you have a feeling that she is still out there. She never missed a bounty until she tried to take in yours. Even if the Rebellion can get your bounties removed... they cannot remove the thirst for revenge from a person's heart.

Nonetheless, life carries on.

"May the Force be with you," the Contact says as the Last Laugh departs, ready to take on the Galaxy once again...

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 06:37 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Headquarters, Ela Nobog

Night has fallen over Ela Nobog. No light is spilling into the room, only radiating from the holographic screens. The Assistant tirelessly pours over the information being displayed, his metal-tipped fingers interacting directly with the screens to drag them about and alter them. But he stops on one briefly, before calling for his overseer.

"It's about the Ragnor bounty," he explains.

Chairman Hosh bursts through the doorway in an instant, bright light screaming into the office. He slams the door behind him and seats himself before the Assistant's desk.

"Well? Is he dead?"

"No, sir. In fact... it seems he has made some friends."

The Chairman glares, the twinkle in his eyes gone, replaced by pure malice boiling in the depths of his gray irises. "Explain. Now."

"Duchess Torvuellé of Naboo has offered us several thousand credits to rescind the bounty on Kyle Ragnor. She has employed him and wishes for his life to be freed from pursuit by bounty hunters." The Assistant pauses, nervously.

"Continue!" the Chairman roars.

"She also threatens to alert the authorities should we not comply," the Assistant finishes.

The Chairman says nothing, only glaring at the blue flickering screens. He is not smiling now. Not this time.

"What do you want me to do, sir?"

"Accept her offer and... cancel the bounty. For now. It will be renewed at a later date. The Corporation, perhaps, is not ready to take down its enemies just yet..."

The Assistant sends in a response to this Duchess character. "Also, sir... a-another news article."

The Chairman raises an eyebrow. "Yes?"

"It seems that the Empire killed Snithius, Jr. on Tatooine. He was in possession of a 'strange artifact.' It has been confiscated."

The Chairman blanches at this comment. "The Shipment!" He brings his fists slamming down on the desk, denting the metal.

The Assistant cowers. "...i-is there a-an-ything I can d-do for you, s-s-sir?"

The Chairman shakes his head, pressing his thumbs to his temples. "No. No, not now. This must be kept quiet, understood?"

"Y-yes, sir."

The Chairman opens the door again, heading out and leaving the Assistant in darkness. "Kyle Ragnor will pay for this..."

But the smuggler is immune and he can do nothing against him. For now.

End

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 06:38 AM